PDA

View Full Version : Just Freakin' Stupid

Gunny
06-11-2016, 07:50 PM
When was the War of 1812? Response: " Uhhhhhhh ....." And we let these people vote?

Gunny
06-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Who did America fight in the American Revolution? :Ummmmm ...."

America beat Great Britain in the US Civil War.

WHo did America fight in the Vietnam War? Bosnia?

What do they teach our kids in school? Anything?

Atticus Finch
06-11-2016, 08:11 PM

What do they teach our kids in school? Anything?That's nothing, ask a young cashier at the local convenience store if you can write a check for $25 over the purchase amount.Nine times out of 10 you'll get a deer in the headlights stare and you'll have to figure it for them.

Gunny
06-11-2016, 08:25 PM
That's nothing, ask a young cashier at the local convenience store if you can write a check for $25 over the purchase amount.Nine times out of 10 you'll get a deer in the headlights stare and you'll have to figure it for them.

Only if they can scan it. :laugh:

Elessar
06-11-2016, 09:46 PM

Deer in the headlights.....Liberal lesson planning!

Elessar
06-11-2016, 09:48 PM
That's nothing, ask a young cashier at the local convenience store if you can write a check for $25 over the purchase amount.Nine times out of 10 you'll get a deer in the headlights stare and you'll have to figure it for them.

I use paper, not plastic....as in genuine U.S. Currency.

Kaimhel
06-11-2016, 10:11 PM
I use paper, not plastic....as in genuine U.S. Currency.

I did that once and the cashier literally said, "I'm sorry, we only take American money" and pointed to the card reader. I didn't say what I was thinking, but my son, who was 3 at the time, just looked at him and did a big "Pffffftttt!!" With the tongue and everything.

I barely made it to the parking lot before bursting out in laughter. :laugh:

Elessar
06-11-2016, 10:18 PM
I did that once and the cashier literally said, "I'm sorry, we only take American money" and pointed to the card reader. I didn't say what I was thinking, but my son, who was 3 at the time, just looked at him and did a big "Pffffftttt!!" With the tongue and everything.

I barely made it to the parking lot before bursting out in laughter. :laugh:

Huh? That is so damned incredible...Good Gawd they are supposed to be able to
discern....Oh Shit! Can that one even make change?

Should have paid in Pesos or Canadian!

Gunny
06-12-2016, 12:07 AM
That one was funny as hell. Trip to DQ for the rugrat :laugh2:

I love kids. They're so honest. They can so F- you in so many ways. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-12-2016, 11:04 AM

Or give them a little extra change so you'll get back a dollar. Huh?

DLT
06-12-2016, 12:55 PM
When was the War of 1812? Response: " Uhhhhhhh ....." And we let these people vote?

No doubt about it. It is stunning how ignorant the average pedestrian is....and yes, they're allowed to vote. It makes perfect sense why we are circling the drain/toilet about to be flushed into the dustbin of failed and fallen societies when you factor in all these LIV (or rather, NIV) morons.

DLT
06-12-2016, 12:57 PM

Leftist dumbing down and indoctrination methods to keep the sheeple docile and passively stupid. Which is why they don't teach Civics any longer. Can't have folks knowing how government is "supposed" to work, eh?

DLT
06-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Which is why they invented cash registers that would 'figure/compute' it for them (idiot proof). As long as they can read the register, they should be able to 'make change'...or rather hand you a wad of cash and coin (they don't bother to count it out any more).

Gunny
06-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Which is why they invented cash registers that would 'figure/compute' it for them (idiot proof). As long as they can read the register, they should be able to 'make change'...or rather hand you a wad of cash and coin (they don't bother to count it out any more).

I'm just the opposite. I used to know how to use one of those old school registers. I've never even tried any of this scanning computer crap. The best way to beat us nowadays would be to get to our power grid. Only us older folk would know what to do. These kids nowadays that can't operate without a cellphone would be standing around like deer in the headlights. "Gee, what am I supposed to do NOW?" Here's a suggestion: the microwave don't work anymore. Might want to get on top of thinking about dinner.

Gunny
06-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Reset to "d-u-u-h?"

What city is CSI Miami filmed in? Los Angeles. Right. Burn your voter registration card NOW. You can't fake Miami. I was like N-O-O-O! You can't be THIS f-ing dumb. Geez.

DLT
06-14-2016, 11:35 AM
I'm just the opposite. I used to know how to use one of those old school registers. I've never even tried any of this scanning computer crap. The best way to beat us nowadays would be to get to our power grid. Only us older folk would know what to do. These kids nowadays that can't operate without a cellphone would be standing around like deer in the headlights. "Gee, what am I supposed to do NOW?" Here's a suggestion: the microwave don't work anymore. Might want to get on top of thinking about dinner.

I know. Most folks these days have no clue how to live without power. I have a fireplace I could cook in, instructions on how to build a DIY backyard latrine, camping equipment, stock of batteries and candles, lantern oil, etc. and a fair amount of food supplies. The thing I would miss most is having a fan on those hellishly hot Texas days. But hey....if the pioneers could do it, so can I/we. At least, some of us could.

Gunny
06-14-2016, 04:26 PM
I know. Most folks these days have no clue how to live without power. I have a fireplace I could cook in, instructions on how to build a DIY backyard latrine, camping equipment, stock of batteries and candles, lantern oil, etc. and a fair amount of food supplies. The thing I would miss most is having a fan on those hellishly hot Texas days. But hey....if the pioneers could do it, so can I/we. At least, some of us could.

I used to work 10 hour days in that heat. I always hated Mondays in JUly and August. Had to come out of the AC and had 5 days to go. And I would go running at 6 PM every day after work. I'll pass on all that now. :laugh: