PDA

View Full Version : Pookie

Gunny
06-12-2016, 08:01 AM
My poor kitty. Used to be the bitch on the block. Now crippled-ass me has to protect her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuWpvkN-8CU

gabosaurus
06-12-2016, 11:52 AM
You named a cat Pookie? :confused:

Gunny
06-12-2016, 04:11 PM
You named a cat Pookie? :confused:

You're kidding, right? A dumb teenage girl named her. But she hates everyone but me. Pookie was never even in my vocabulary. My cats have always been named "dumbass kitty". :laugh:

Elessar
06-12-2016, 04:30 PM
You're kidding, right? A dumb teenage girl named her. But she hates everyone but me. Pookie was never even in my vocabulary. My cats have always been named "dumbass kitty". :laugh:

I named one 'Shithead' and another 'Dizzy'! Now I have one named 'Pippin' after the
mischievous Hobbit in The Lord of The Rings...he lives up to it daily!:laugh:

Gunny
06-12-2016, 05:36 PM
I named one 'Shithead' and another 'Dizzy'! Now I have one named 'Pippin' after the
mischievous Hobbit in The Lord of The Rings...he lives up to it daily!:laugh:

The cats around here have stupid, yuppie, PC names. I just call all of them dumbass cat. They are pointless and destructive.

gabosaurus
06-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Cats are intelligent and thoughtful creatures. No one owns a cat. They own you.
If you want a dumb obedient pet, get a dog.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves. :cool:

Gunny
06-12-2016, 09:32 PM

They are not intelligent. That's an ancient Egyptian myth. They're as predictable as anything else. All you have to do is watch them. You get their patterns down. Makes them predictable targets.

Elessar
06-12-2016, 10:17 PM
They are not intelligent. That's an ancient Egyptian myth. They're as predictable as anything else. All you have to do is watch them. You get their patterns down. Makes them predictable targets.

Yes they are intelligent and loyal. My Frodo waited until I got home from a night shift to die at my feet.
My son stayed up with him all night.

"You're Nobody until you've been ignored by a cat".

"You never met Royalty until you have owned a cat":laugh:

Gunny
06-15-2016, 07:14 PM
Yes they are intelligent and loyal. My Frodo waited until I got home from a night shift to die at my feet.
My son stayed up with him all night.

"You're Nobody until you've been ignored by a cat".

"You never met Royalty until you have owned a cat":laugh:

According to my mother, my mannerisms are cat-like. But I don't consider myself the sharpest knife in the draw. But I sit an watch. People. Animals. I can tell you what every one of these animals here is going to do, to include the 2-legged variety. Everyone and thing is predictable unless they go out of their way to not be. Going out of your way to not be keeps you alive.

And cats are loyal to their food, not you, bubba. :laugh:

Kathianne
06-15-2016, 07:20 PM
There really are 'dog people' and 'cat people.' The weird ones, *ahem, Jim* :laugh2: really like both. I don't loathe cats, not as much as before living with them, but I'd much rather have a dog.

Gunny
06-15-2016, 07:40 PM
There really are 'dog people' and 'cat people.' The weird ones, *ahem, Jim* :laugh2: really like both. I don't loathe cats, not as much as before living with them, but I'd much rather have a dog.

I don't want any of the damned things. They cost too much, are destructive and a general pain in the a$$. And I don't hate pets. I just realized I either can't or just don't want to take care of them the way they should be. Ignoring your pets, IMO, is as bad as beating them. You don't bring them home, dump them off, then wait for two oldest people in the house to take care of them. When I was a kid, if we didn't take care of our pets my father would take them to the pound. So he threatened anyway. We believed him enough to take care of our own pets.

I don't care for dogs unless they live in the back yard. Noisy little bastards.

Kathianne
06-15-2016, 07:43 PM
I don't want any of the damned things. They cost too much, are destructive and a general pain in the a$$. And I don't hate pets. I just realized I either can't or just don't want to take care of them the way they should be. Ignoring your pets, IMO, is as bad as beating them. You don't bring them home, dump them off, then wait for two oldest people in the house to take care of them. When I was a kid, if we didn't take care of our pets my father would take them to the pound. So he threatened anyway. We believed him enough to take care of our own pets.

I don't care for dogs unless they live in the back yard. Noisy little bastards.

I concur. I wouldn't have one if I couldn't afford it. I hear you on kids, mine do take care of their own-still do, but they started as 5-7 years old. They walked, fed, and cleaned up. I paid for the vet.

gabosaurus
06-15-2016, 10:49 PM
You don't mess with the cat in our house. His name is not "Prince" for nothing.
My husband went in to take a nap once. When I went to wake him up, I found him hanging off the edge of bed. He didn't want to move the cat, who was sleeping in the middle of the bed.
Our cat has a very loud yowl. If he wants food or attention, he lets you know about it. He's a spoiled brat. My daughter has spoiled him to the edge of oblivion.
Some people have drill sergeant parents. We have a drill sergeant cat. :laugh:

DLT
06-16-2016, 02:16 PM

True dat. My cats would fire me (or worse) if they could....cause sometimes I don't feed them what they want or fast/often enough...lol.