PDA

View Full Version : Where were the CCW holders in Florida?

crin63
06-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Am I wrong to lay equal blame at the feet of Liberals/Progressives who keep making prey out of Americans? I know it was probably another "Gun Free Zone".

CCW in Florida is so simple to get and firearm laws reasonable.

I'm having a CCW class at my house in a couple weeks. It's for 6 states and honored in about 30 states including Florida. It won't be honored in my own state but when I travel I can use it.

darin
06-13-2016, 12:42 AM
Can folks carry in bars/clubs in FL? That's one question. Another is - does the demographic represent as active in CCW?

Gunny
06-13-2016, 02:53 AM
Can folks carry in bars/clubs in FL? That's one question. Another is - does the demographic represent as active in CCW?

Guns and alcohol are a BAD mix. I wouldn't encourage THAT for anything.

Noir
06-13-2016, 02:57 AM
Yeah the solution is a load of drunk people with guns, how could that go wrong.

darin
06-13-2016, 03:01 AM
I don't get it - no indication the muslim was drunk.

Gunny
06-13-2016, 03:03 AM

Couldn't go any more wrong than a religious zealot with a gun. At least an alcoholic has an excuse.

Gunny
06-13-2016, 03:26 AM

Do you know anything about anything? People carry handguns for self defense. They were a last resort against varmints. The primary choice of weapons was a rifle. Still is. You see military people running around with handguns? No.

I'd rather carry a carbine than a handgun.

What I am FOR is let the locals you live with decide on the laws. If you have to check your guns when you ride into town, and the majority voted on that, so be it. If I have to check my guns because some little sissy from N Ireland decided so, kiss my ass. You wouldn't stand a chance against me if If I was stripped to my drawers. We don't run around looking for people to shoot. It isn't law-abiding citizens that are the problem here. That's what you crybabies don't get. Law abiding gun owners I've know are very responsible. The criminals and little pansies waiting on someone to save them not so much.

Grow up.

Noir
06-13-2016, 04:27 AM
Guns and alcohol are a BAD mix. I wouldn't encourage THAT for anything.

Do you know anything about anything?

Grow up.

See, we're both saying the same thing, but for some reason you disagree with my viewpoint. Odd.

Gunny
06-13-2016, 05:11 AM
See, we're both saying the same thing, but for some reason you disagree with my viewpoint. Odd.

We have different reasons, so we aren't saying the same thing. I'm for responsible gun ownership. You believe the tool is the problem, no the hand that wields it.

darin
06-13-2016, 05:19 AM
as an aside: I think we should consider stop calling it a "Gay NightClub Shooting" and call it "A shooting". Their sex habits, etc, shouldn't mask the fact Americans died on our soil - again - as the result of radical islam mixed with perhaps an already-unstable person.

Noir
06-13-2016, 05:28 AM
as an aside: I think we should consider stop calling it a "Gay NightClub Shooting" and call it "A shooting". Their sex habits, etc, shouldn't mask the fact Americans died on our soil - again - as the result of radical islam mixed with perhaps an already-unstable person.

Given it looks like the attack took place because it was a 'gay club' I think it's relevant that it's described as such.

darin
06-13-2016, 05:34 AM
Given it looks like the attack took place because it was a 'gay club' I think it's relevant that it's described as such.

It's a club. They are americans (likely). Their sexual habits are relevant only to those wishing them harm. They died Americans.

Noir
06-13-2016, 05:37 AM
We have different reasons, so we aren't saying the same thing. I'm for responsible gun ownership. You believe the tool is the problem, no the hand that wields it.

Gunny if I said the sky was blue you'd argue that my stupid eyes are seeing a slightly different shade of blue than yours do :laugh:

It's a club. They are americans (likely). Their sexual habits are relevant only to those wishing them harm. They died Americans.

They were targeted because of their sexuality though, would you not agree?

Gunny
06-13-2016, 05:39 AM

And who hate gays the most? Who are the most intolerant? Call a spade a spade, dude.

Noir
06-13-2016, 05:52 AM
And who hate gays the most? Who are the most intolerant? Call a spade a spade, dude.

If we're talking about religions, then Islam. Though it's fair to say most religions don't have a good track record when it comes to sexuality.

darin
06-13-2016, 05:52 AM
They were targeted because of their sexuality though, would you not agree?

Their sexuality matters only to those who wish to harm them. So maybe - but to me, it's decisive. Maybe it's good to warn folks to change behaviour - or carry at least a small means of self-protection.

Noir
06-13-2016, 05:54 AM
Their sexuality matters only to those who wish to harm them.

And so it matters to those who do not wished to be harmed.

darin
06-13-2016, 06:14 AM
And so it matters to those who do not wished to be harmed.

Only in this case. Your statement presents a false security to others. Lets pick some OTHER attribute? Maybe "They were not muslims"? "They were male?" I dunno. Pick something

Focusing on their sexual or dance or dress habits seems to diminish their existence as people first, americans second, and whatever habits they have - probably should be farther down the list.