PDA

View Full Version : Condolences to the Orlando victims

revelarts
06-13-2016, 10:21 AM
Condolences to the Orlando victims

here's a list of some...

ORLANDO -- Authorities have started to name the victims of the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando (http://www.cbsnews.com/orlando-shooting/), that left at least 49 victims and the shooter dead, and 53 people injured.The massacre happened on Latin night at the Pulse nightclub in the heart of Orlando, a city best known for its theme parks. Florida Governor Rick Scott said many of the victims were from Puerto Rico.
The City of Orlando has been releasing names (http://www.cityoforlando.net/blog/victims/) online of deceased victims.
Here is what is known about them so far:....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-nightclub-mass-shooting-pulse-victims/

jimnyc
06-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Like I said elsewhere, that's a LOT of dead. Then add in families, relatives and then friends. A lot of lives were upended as a result of this. I'll debate and fight about gay folks from now until forever - but I do not wish them to be shot or killed. They are still Americans, brought down by radical Islam, and whether ISIS was directly involved or not, they are already taking credit for it.

I was reading the text messages one person was sending his mother as he was stuck in the bathroom, telling her outright that he is going to die.

Ar the end of the day, I really don't care if they were gay, black, purple, straight or whatever. Not a single person deserved to die other than "Omar", the person who pledged support to ISIS.

gabosaurus
06-13-2016, 01:53 PM
It isn't called "self radicalization" for no reason. It's a classic Lone Wolf case. Some weak-minded idiot starts reading a bunch of crap online and decides to take matters into his own hands.
It is obvious that he picked his target for a reason. He didn't like gays. A large gay club is an easy target. They are places where a lot of people gather to be safe from the outside. This guy was let in unchecked because was a known security guard.
Gays are very friendly people. I've been to a gay club. They enjoy diversity.
It's a very sad thing.

Kathianne
06-13-2016, 02:42 PM
It isn't called "self radicalization" for no reason. It's a classic Lone Wolf case. Some weak-minded idiot starts reading a bunch of crap online and decides to take matters into his own hands.
It is obvious that he picked his target for a reason. He didn't like gays. A large gay club is an easy target. They are places where a lot of people gather to be safe from the outside. This guy was let in unchecked because was a known security guard.
Gays are very friendly people. I've been to a gay club. They enjoy diversity.
It's a very sad thing.

Sheesh, gays are people. Some are very friendly, some not so much so. Some enjoy diversity, others not. Your statements really are the stuff of prejudice, grouping all of one characteristic into a whole.

You don't know that he's a 'classic' lone wolf, they are still investigating. What is becoming clear is that he popped off enough to have people reporting him over 3 years ago. His father seems to be not all there either-though whether actionable or not remains to be seen. He seems to have had serious problems with gays and women, at least his ex-wife.

Does he hate gays because of his father, his religion? You don't know. In fact, it may have been his 'target' for the simple reason that Orlando is 'news' in and of itself and he wanted to take down 'those people' and get the biggest headlines he could.

gabosaurus
06-13-2016, 04:41 PM
He seems to have had serious problems with gays and women, at least his ex-wife. Does he hate gays because of his father, his religion? You don't know. In fact, it may have been his 'target' for the simple reason that Orlando is 'news' in and of itself and he wanted to take down 'those people' and get the biggest headlines he could.

This is a very interesting statement. I was talking to a friend earlier and she thinks the Orlando shooter might have been struggling with his own sexual identity.
His father is a prominent political figure and his family was very religious. Which means the son's marriage could have been arranged. His own struggles might have led to him beating his wife.
If the shooter was rebelling against his father's religious sect and his own feelings, that could have caused him to radicalize and seek a target that would justify his own manhood. And perhaps to punish his father.