PDA

View Full Version : What does summer mean to you?

gabosaurus
06-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Family or personal vacation time? More or less work responsibilities? Toiling in oppressive heat and humidity?
To me, it's a period of personal relaxation. Being off during the summer months and all.
I have spent the last couple of days laying around with a good friend of mine, watching soccer on TV. Life is good sometimes. :cool:

Gunny
06-14-2016, 05:17 PM
Family or personal vacation time? More or less work responsibilities? Toiling in oppressive heat and humidity?
To me, it's a period of personal relaxation. Being off during the summer months and all.
I have spent the last couple of days laying around with a good friend of mine, watching soccer on TV. Life is good sometimes. :cool:

I would rather be toiling in the heat and humidity than lay around watching soccer. It pisses me off to no end they put that crap on my TV when I could be watching baseball, basketball or football. Hell, I'd rather watch ping pong than a bunch of gay guys running all over the place accomplishing nothing but kicking a ball all over the place.

Kathianne
06-14-2016, 05:59 PM

My son, gf, and friends at USA v Costa Rica (I think) last week. USA won by 4!

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13428413_10101201683907799_4143156065570717743_n.j pg?oh=6e0763b1a73927f7634d93942aaabd61&oe=58067801

Abbey Marie
06-14-2016, 06:06 PM

Summer means I am getting closer to the season I love- Fall. To me, summer is something to be endured, like a rash.

It means heat, bugs, and kids regularly yelling in the cul de sac. And a big uptick in crime. Yeah, summer is great.

There is one good thing about summer: flip flops.

Kathianne
06-14-2016, 06:12 PM
While teaching summer was grand! Oh yeah, as a kid too! LOL! This year, not so much. Having rotator cuff surgery and healing. It will be fall by time I start physical therapy. :(

Elessar
06-14-2016, 06:54 PM

Up here? Overnight fog and light rain, followed by a sunny but breezy day.
Then the Summer Steelhead runs begin.
Outside painting and yard work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_trout

Atticus Finch
06-15-2016, 05:52 AM
In my youth it was everything..no school,barefoot,swimming,fishing,camping, long lazy days,the beach,scantily clad young ladies....hmmmm...come to think of it except for the no school thing,nothing has changed...:cool:

Atticus Finch
06-15-2016, 05:57 AM
summer part 2.....The smells of summer...honeysuckle,freshly mown hay,the freshness after a summer storm,cotton candy at the local fair and it is also the warm-up before my favorite season the fall...hunting...football,football and did I mention FOOTBALL! The American kind of course.

jimnyc
06-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Bikinis and boobies. What can possibly be better than that?

Elessar
06-15-2016, 01:53 PM
summer part 2.....The smells of summer...honeysuckle,freshly mown hay,the freshness after a summer storm,cotton candy at the local fair and it is also the warm-up before my favorite season the fall...hunting...football,football and did I mention FOOTBALL! The American kind of course.

ATT, Are you close to Winfield? We beat them for the State AA Football Title.

Elessar
06-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Bikinis and boobies. What can possibly be better than that?

Recovering lost bikini tops in the water for the gals was...Ummmm...Interesting!:laugh:

Atticus Finch
06-15-2016, 04:29 PM
ATT, Are you close to Winfield? We beat them for the State AA Football Title.I'm about an hour north...Ravenswood

DLT
06-15-2016, 04:34 PM

Oppressive heat, wilting/crisping tomato plants, higher AC and water bills, more work (have to water plants every single day that it doesn't rain), having to go out/shopping early am instead of in the afternoon, like I do in the spring and fall. It's just more restrictive re: what you can do outside when it's this hot. I still prefer summer to winter though.

Gunny
06-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Oppressive heat, wilting/crisping tomato plants, higher AC and water bills, more work (have to water plants every single day that it doesn't rain), having to go out/shopping early am instead of in the afternoon, like I do in the spring and fall. It's just more restrictive re: what you can do outside when it's this hot. I still prefer summer to winter though.

I can't say for sure which I prefer. In IL I almost froze to death. When I went back home to SA and tried to work through the summer the heat about killed me. (I have other physical issues tht prevent me climbing ladders with a 20 lb tool belt on) I had to drag a fan and extension cord around everywhere. South Texas heat ain't no joke.

sundaydriver
07-12-2016, 06:36 AM
Hey, I'm late to the party due to today is the first real day of my summer for me as I've been working non stop since summer started. For me it's meals on the deck while listening to all the birds and enjoying the greenery, the smell of Honeysuckle, and sitting in the creek out back on hot days or tubing in the Delaware. Not working and the summer days to do what I want bring out the kid in me.