PDA

View Full Version : Senate bill would require women to register for draft

gabosaurus
06-15-2016, 10:40 PM
I think a draft is running through some legislator's brain here. No one should have to register, male or female.
I would never allow my daughter to register for the draft. Not that she would do it anyway.
Both houses of Congress need new members and new leadership.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONGRESS_DEFENSE_BUDGET?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

DLT
06-16-2016, 01:49 PM
I think a draft is running through some legislator's brain here. No one should have to register, male or female.
I would never allow my daughter to register for the draft. Not that she would do it anyway.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONGRESS_DEFENSE_BUDGET?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Leave it to the leftist Democrats in government to first fubar the US military via gay edicts, religious persecution and restrictions and other liberal means of screwing up the works....and then swooping in, after they have broken it, to "fix" it with yet another fascist edict.

These cretins MUST be defeated and destroyed.....

by ANY means necessary.....

in order for America, as a free nation, to survive.

jimnyc
06-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Liberal nitwits. "You want a war so bad, why not send your own children?" - then they will do shit like this - and then be the first dipshits out there to then complain "Oh my, do you believe they want to start the draft again and send women?"

I hope it backfires, and all of the liberal women with IQ's less than 80 should HAVE to go, which of course means the overwhelming majority of liberal women will disappear overnight.

Elessar
06-16-2016, 07:34 PM

Women have howled for equal rights, which is something I agree with.

But now more 'Equality' is proposed, and all of a sudden there is a backlash?
By the way, registering as a male is Law. But you think females that supposedly have
equal rights should be exempt?

There needs to be Selective Service, period. It is not going to be engaged except
in a crisis. Viet Nam taught us that lesson. The majority of people in the Armed Services
in WWII were draftees. Many of them ended up in support echelons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_the_United_States#World_War_II.

I don't know what you have been smoking or snorting today, but you should keep it out
of the hands and away from children.

Noir
06-16-2016, 07:45 PM
How about everyone be equally not forced to register, instead of being equally forced too...

Elessar
06-16-2016, 07:51 PM
How about everyone be equally not forced to register, instead of being equally forced too...

Worry about the UK, not the USA.

Noir
06-16-2016, 07:55 PM
Worry about the UK, not the USA.

aaaaaaaaah no
(:

aboutime
06-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Liberal nitwits. "You want a war so bad, why not send your own children?" - then they will do shit like this - and then be the first dipshits out there to then complain "Oh my, do you believe they want to start the draft again and send women?"

I hope it backfires, and all of the liberal women with IQ's less than 80 should HAVE to go, which of course means the overwhelming majority of liberal women will disappear overnight.

jim. Please take it from me, who remembers the quality, and special treatment of women as they began to join the military, demanding equality.....as long as they didn't have to do the same as the men in many jobs, and for all sorts of reasons: Most of the women now in uniform ARE Liberal in many ways, and they demand special treatment...much like the LGBT gangs.

So..I say SIGN 'EM UP! Make them register for a draft (that doesn't exist). They want to be equal? Let them have it.

Gunny
06-16-2016, 08:37 PM
jim. Please take it from me, who remembers the quality, and special treatment of women as they began to join the military, demanding equality.....as long as they didn't have to do the same as the men in many jobs, and for all sorts of reasons: Most of the women now in uniform ARE Liberal in many ways, and they demand special treatment...much like the LGBT gangs.

So..I say SIGN 'EM UP! Make them register for a draft (that doesn't exist). They want to be equal? Let them have it.

You're on a freakin' roll tonight, huh?:laugh:

fj1200
06-17-2016, 12:49 PM

Only men should be required to serve?

Leave it to the leftist Democrats in government to first fubar the US military via gay edicts, religious persecution and restrictions and other liberal means of screwing up the works....and then swooping in, after they have broken it, to "fix" it with yet another fascist edict.

These cretins MUST be defeated and destroyed.....

by ANY means necessary.....

in order for America, as a free nation, to survive.

Must be quite a few Republican fascists for the Senate version to have passed 85-13. :dunno:

Gunny
06-17-2016, 02:13 PM
Only men should be required to serve?

Must be quite a few Republican fascists for the Senate version to have passed 85-13. :dunno:

Gabby has no say in the matter. Doesn't matter what she thinks or wants to get in her pulpit on. Shw wants laws that control everyone to her liking, but I guess she doesn't want ones that are to everyone else's liking. Women want to be in combat? Fine. Then gear up like the rest of us.

fj1200
06-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Gabby has no say in the matter.

Just asking a question to find out the basis for her comments and if she is consistent.

Elessar
06-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Just asking a question to find out the basis for her comments and if she is consistent.

No...only when it fits a liberal mindset. But who are the first to whine "Why didn't the Government do something?"
Liberals!

Gunny
06-17-2016, 02:37 PM

Who knows with her? She rarely wants to play intelligent. Her mindset is stupid. You register for the draft when you're 18. That's the law. Women have been pushing this crap about equal opportunity since I was a kid. They pushed it the whole time I was in the military. I had quite the disagreement with Barbara Boxer and some senior military officers because someone was dumb enough to make me an alternate at a meeting the Maj couldn't attend at the Pentagon. My Col was told to NEVER send me back. :laugh: Bad SSgt. :slap:

This is more catering to the minority. You get paid by rank in the military, not gender. But the he-she's screwed it up for everyone else. I was married to a female Marine and knew her friends. They didn't want to be on ships nor in combat. Only the butch's with something to prove at everyone else's expense did.

Elessar
06-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Who knows with her? She rarely wants to play intelligent. Her mindset is stupid. You register for the draft when you're 18. That's the law. Women have been pushing this crap about equal opportunity since I was a kid. They pushed it the whole time I was in the military. I had quite the disagreement with Barbara Boxer and some senior military officers because someone was dumb enough to make me an alternate at a meeting the Maj couldn't attend at the Pentagon. My Col was told to NEVER send me back. :laugh: Bad SSgt. :slap:

This is more catering to the minority. You get paid by rank in the military, not gender. But the he-she's screwed it up for everyone else. I was married to a female Marine and knew her friends. They didn't want to be on ships nor in combat. Only the butch's with something to prove at everyone else's expense did.

I said all of that above. Why don't people read? Denial? Writing around someone else to make
a weak point? Amazing!

Gunny
06-17-2016, 02:57 PM
I said all of that above. Why don't people read? Denial? Writing around someone else to make
a weak point? Amazing!

I'm not writing around you. That's been my opinion since I had hair. Be careful what you ask for. Guess we're in agreement?

And I don't read every post. I usually miss a few. If you said the same thing ....:beer: It only strikes a cord with me because of my time in DC. I got to listen to Col's and Generals and politicians make political decisions rather than military ones. I got to watch them dumb down qualifications so women could look as good as men. I would just sit there and shake my head.

I don't have a problem with women that meet the qualifications. But don't change the damned rules and weaken the force to cater to PC.

Elessar
06-17-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm not writing around you. That's been my opinion since I had hair. Be careful what you ask for. Guess we're in agreement?

And I don't read every post. I usually miss a few. If you said the same thing ....:beer: It only strikes a cord with me because of my time in DC. I got to listen to Col's and Generals and politicians make political decisions rather than military ones. I got to watch them dumb down qualifications so women could look as good as men. I would just sit there and shake my head.

I don't have a problem with women that meet the qualifications. But don't change the damned rules and weaken the force to cater to PC.

I've got no problem with you at all...

If a woman can fit the bill, more power to her! But you cannot dumb down combat arms positions
just like I refused to dumb down boat crew positions just to appease women or minorities who
could not even swim properly in a lifejacket.

I was alluding to others that that bypass what has already been stated.

Yes, We are in agreement!:beer:

Gunny
06-17-2016, 03:22 PM
I've got no problem with you at all...

If a woman can fit the bill, more power to her! But you cannot dumb down combat arms positions
just like I refused to dumb down boat crew positions just to appease women or minorities who
could not even swim properly in a lifejacket.

I was alluding to others that that bypass what has already been stated.

Yes, We are in agreement!:beer:

How the Hell can you not swim in a lifejacket? Parallel ... if you pack it right, an ALICE pack floats. Then you get to watch goobers trying to climb on top of the damned thing. In 4 ft of water in a swim tank. It's like if can't swim try standing up? Our ride is on the waves. If you can't swim, you're screwed.

F*ck, I know how to make a lifejacket out of my cammies.

Elessar
06-17-2016, 06:16 PM
How the Hell can you not swim in a lifejacket? Parallel ... if you pack it right, an ALICE pack floats. Then you get to watch goobers trying to climb on top of the damned thing. In 4 ft of water in a swim tank. It's like if can't swim try standing up? Our ride is on the waves. If you can't swim, you're screwed.

F*ck, I know how to make a lifejacket out of my cammies.

Phobia...fear of the water to begin with. I put Type III's on two black girls and told them to enter the water
off our 41 ft UTB...first thing they did was thrust their arms over their heads and flounder instead of gripping the
lifejacket as directed. The lifejackets started to float above their shoulders. They were screaming so much they
would not listen to me and the boat engineer.
I had to jump off and pull them in, leaving my very capable Coxswain trainee to hold the
boat in position.

I beached them both.

I've made lifejackets out of pants and shirts...shirts being a bit tougher.

aboutime
06-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Phobia...fear of the water to begin with. I put Type III's on two black girls and told them to enter the water
off our 41 ft UTB...first thing they did was thrust their arms over their heads and flounder instead of gripping the
lifejacket as directed. The lifejackets started to float above their shoulders. They were screaming so much they
would not listen to me and the boat engineer.
I had to jump off and pull them in, leaving my very capable Coxswain trainee to hold the
boat in position.

I beached them both.

I've made lifejackets out of pants and shirts...shirts being a bit tougher.

Elessar. Back in 1964, when I first attended Boot camp in Great Lakes Ill. We wore dungaree pants (bell bottoms), and they taught us to use them (after taking them off), to blow air into them, and use them as a makeshift lifejacket if there was nothing else available. Today, if a sailor falls overboard wearing the new, navy jump suits, or the blue cammies....they are Shit Outta Luck.

Gunny
06-17-2016, 09:35 PM
Elessar. Back in 1964, when I first attended Boot camp in Great Lakes Ill. We wore dungaree pants (bell bottoms), and they taught us to use them (after taking them off), to blow air into them, and use them as a makeshift lifejacket if there was nothing else available. Today, if a sailor falls overboard wearing the new, navy jump suits, or the blue cammies....they are Shit Outta Luck.

Works the same with cammie trou's. Tie the ankles together, around your neck, and you scopp water into them. The water goes out. The air stays in. I have no idea how that works. I just know that it does.

When I was a teen we'd go down and buy those bell bottom dungarees at the clothing store. Being a military brat had its perks. :laugh:

Elessar
06-17-2016, 10:46 PM
Tie the legs together, make sure the buttons or zipper and waist is secure.
Put them over your back and thrust them forward in front of your face.

Put the tied legs about your neck and grip the waistband tightly.

Splash more air in to the inflated pants as it diminishes. Keep the
pants wet....that is what holds the air....dry will not work.

Gunny
06-17-2016, 11:04 PM
Tie the legs together, make sure the buttons or zipper and waist is secure.
Put them over your back and thrust them forward in front of your face.

Put the tied legs about your neck and grip the waistband tightly.

Splash more air in to the inflated pants as it diminishes. Keep the
pants wet....that is what holds the air....dry will not work.

I never was a whole bunch worried about them being dry in the drink. :laugh: I just guess I never really tried to figure out the science to it. I just figure it is what it is. Like I've said many times, if I don't know something, I'd rather say I don't know. I'm WSQ. IIRC correctly, that was part of going for first class. The hardest thing for me was side stroking a victim that outweighed me by 50 lbs and and my boots couldn't touch the deck. Well, then don't send me swimming into the shallow end of the pool with Arnold, dammit. :laugh:

The one thing I've noticed about people and water is they're afraid of it and want to fight it. I just go with the flow. If you got to hold your breath and go down then hold your breath and go down. Three guys bombed on the WSQ test because they couldn't get their boots off. I just held my breath and sat on the bottom of the pool and took them off. Then you tread water for an hour and have to put them back on. That was one time I was the last MF-er standing. I've been swimming in the ocean since I was 4 and my dad tossed me in. What's your swim tank going to do to me? Give me a rash? :laugh:

debater
10-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Sounds like the elites are planning to start WWIII soon and want
to be sure that they have enough cannon fodder.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Sounds like the elites are planning to start WWIII soon and want
to be sure that they have enough cannon fodder.
Here's your chance to prove you're a person and not a bot.

Quote me and reply to my comment...

debater
10-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Live and let live.