PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day

crin63
06-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Happy Fathers Day to you fathers out there!

I personally love being a father. I love spending time with my kids.

My son is taking me to lunch after church. I look forward to that.

NightTrain
06-19-2016, 10:51 AM
King Crab feast for me. And I can eat a LOT of that stuff.

Elessar
06-19-2016, 02:24 PM
Aye....Happy Fathers Day to all that have made the dedication to stink by
their offspring and help to raise them.

We may not be perfect, but there is no manual for being a good parent!

Cheers to All! :beer:

Abbey Marie
06-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Happy Fathers' Day to all our DP guys!

:beer:

Kathianne
06-19-2016, 03:33 PM
Happy Father's Day to all of you! This is your day to be king, enjoy!

Elessar
06-20-2016, 12:12 AM
Happy Father's Day to all of you! This is your day to be king, enjoy!

Sadly, My son is 500 miles away in Grad School. He'd be here if he could.

So my other 'son', the crazy cat Pippin, will have to suffice!:laugh:

Gunny
06-20-2016, 12:43 AM
Sadly, My son is 500 miles away in Grad School. He'd be here if he could.

So my other 'son', the crazy cat Pippin, will have to suffice!:laugh:

My daughters are in San Antonio and I'm Albuquerque. I look at that as kinda bad, but the silver lining is no tacky ties this year.:laugh: You know when the last time I wore a tie was? I think I was in uniform and I retired 16 years ago.

crin63
06-20-2016, 01:33 AM
My daughters are in San Antonio and I'm Albuquerque. I look at that as kinda bad, but the silver lining is no tacky ties this year.:laugh: You know when the last time I wore a tie was? I think I was in uniform and I retired 16 years ago.

I hate wearing a tie but I wear one at church 3 times a week. I'm a Carhartt cargo pants and Henley shirt guy, but I wear a 3-piece suit to church.

Gunny
06-20-2016, 01:55 AM
I hate wearing a tie but I wear one at church 3 times a week. I'm a Carhartt cargo pants and Henley shirt guy, but I wear a 3-piece suit to church.

I hated wearing them damned shoes. I ran around barefoot all the time. Still do. My grandfather was a deacon, superintendent of Sunday School, and in the choir. You think I missed out on of of those 3 times a weeks prayer meetings? :laugh:

I wear wranglers, Dickies and Carhartts, and pearl snap shirts. When I want to get gussied up, I got a couple pair of Levis. I've had to quit wearing my boots lately. Which ticks me off. Too much mileage on the legs. Got a nice pair of RedWings and a pair of Wolverines though.

I quit going to church because I'm Baptist. They won't leave you alone. I don't think they realize how they turn people off. I don't need the biddy committee at my house checking me out. I was still on active duty and I didn't have a whole lot of extra time. You can't just sit in a Baptist church and listen.

I STILL wouldn't wear a tie. You better be dead for me to put that thing on. And you can bet it ain't going to be one of the clueless Father's Day ties. I think I wore a Donald Duck one once because my daughter insisted. She IS Daddy's little girl. Kid's 30 and still gets away with murder with me.

crin63
06-20-2016, 09:16 AM
I hated wearing them damned shoes. I ran around barefoot all the time. Still do. My grandfather was a deacon, superintendent of Sunday School, and in the choir. You think I missed out on of of those 3 times a weeks prayer meetings? :laugh:

I wear wranglers, Dickies and Carhartts, and pearl snap shirts. When I want to get gussied up, I got a couple pair of Levis. I've had to quit wearing my boots lately. Which ticks me off. Too much mileage on the legs. Got a nice pair of RedWings and a pair of Wolverines though.

I quit going to church because I'm Baptist. They won't leave you alone. I don't think they realize how they turn people off. I don't need the biddy committee at my house checking me out. I was still on active duty and I didn't have a whole lot of extra time. You can't just sit in a Baptist church and listen.

I STILL wouldn't wear a tie. You better be dead for me to put that thing on. And you can bet it ain't going to be one of the clueless Father's Day ties. I think I wore a Donald Duck one once because my daughter insisted. She IS Daddy's little girl. Kid's 30 and still gets away with murder with me.

Unless it's cold I wear cargo shorts, a Henley and flip-flops. My kids and wife keep trying to change my dress style. They buy me stuff and I tell them to return it or I just don't wear it. I'm not wearing some metro-sexual gay looking tight shirt because that's the current style.

My feet are too damaged to go barefoot any more. I tore the plantar fascia in the left foot and had the wall of a concrete tilt-up fold my right foot 90 degrees, plus tore the ligaments in my right ankle. I gotta have some cushion under my feet. A lot of shoes and boots just make my feet worse. I have to wear thick winter socks with most shoes for the extra cushion. I haven't found the right boot since I quit working. I like a round toe without stitching and wedge sole. Chippewa was my boot of choice but they quit making my boot.

I've been at my church 21 years. I'm in charge of security, ushering, greeting and parking. Somehow I ended up being labeled "Property Manager". I know why it's because I make sure things are done right. I don't do cheap! I tell everyone, if they want cheap I'm not their guy. Talk to me if they want it done right. So every time there's a project going on I end up involved somehow. Ushers and greeters have a dress code if they want to participate. That's a suit with light blue or white shirt, tie and dress shoes. LOL, facial hair preferred but not required.

The wildest ties I have came from my chiropractor. He bought me a tie covered in 9mm cartridges and another one that says I love guns.

Gunny
06-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Unless it's cold I wear cargo shorts, a Henley and flip-flops. My kids and wife keep trying to change my dress style. They buy me stuff and I tell them to return it or I just don't wear it. I'm not wearing some metro-sexual gay looking tight shirt because that's the current style.

My feet are too damaged to go barefoot any more. I tore the plantar fascia in the left foot and had the wall of a concrete tilt-up fold my right foot 90 degrees, plus tore the ligaments in my right ankle. I gotta have some cushion under my feet. A lot of shoes and boots just make my feet worse. I have to wear thick winter socks with most shoes for the extra cushion. I haven't found the right boot since I quit working. I like a round toe without stitching and wedge sole. Chippewa was my boot of choice but they quit making my boot.

I've been at my church 21 years. I'm in charge of security, ushering, greeting and parking. Somehow I ended up being labeled "Property Manager". I know why it's because I make sure things are done right. I don't do cheap! I tell everyone, if they want cheap I'm not their guy. Talk to me if they want it done right. So every time there's a project going on I end up involved somehow. Ushers and greeters have a dress code if they want to participate. That's a suit with light blue or white shirt, tie and dress shoes. LOL, facial hair preferred but not required.

The wildest ties I have came from my chiropractor. He bought me a tie covered in 9mm cartridges and another one that says I love guns.

I find that kind of interesting. Might right knee is messed and has been since I took a dove on a Harley when I was 15. I've broken both ankles and sprained each at least a half dozen times. My hip was killing me. But once I started wearing sandals again a lot of that has gone away. I do wear a knee and ankle brace. Odd how different things affect different people. I ran barefoot until I started school. I've never liked shoes. I HATED combat boots. The second I could get some jungle boots those old leather 1772 British boots went out the window.

You obviously don't have daughters. Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Smurfs ... and by God you better wear them at least once. The alternative is the wailing and gnashing of teeth.:laugh:

Elessar
06-20-2016, 10:47 AM

I hate putting a rope around my neck unless in full dress uniform.

And no 'clip-ons' for me! A Double Windsor knot is the only way to go. If you cannot
tie one correctly, you're not worthy of being a Cub Scout, let alone be a Boatswain's Mate!

Gunny
06-20-2016, 12:42 PM
I hate putting a rope around my neck unless in full dress uniform.

And no 'clip-ons' for me! A Double Windsor knot is the only way to go. If you cannot
tie one correctly, you're not worthy of being a Cub Scout, let alone be a Boatswain's Mate!

I'm wearing swim trunks, tank top and flip flops. When I go to the store I'm going to have to get dressed up and swap the swim trunks and flip flops out for cargo shorts and sandals. :laugh:

Black Diamond
06-20-2016, 01:19 PM
I'm wearing swim trunks, tank top and flip flops. When I go to the store I'm going to have to get dressed up and swap the swim trunks and flip flops out for cargo shorts and sandals. :laugh:

F-ing dress codes. :).

crin63
06-20-2016, 02:15 PM
I find that kind of interesting. Might right knee is messed and has been since I took a dove on a Harley when I was 15. I've broken both ankles and sprained each at least a half dozen times. My hip was killing me. But once I started wearing sandals again a lot of that has gone away. I do wear a knee and ankle brace. Odd how different things affect different people. I ran barefoot until I started school. I've never liked shoes. I HATED combat boots. The second I could get some jungle boots those old leather 1772 British boots went out the window.

You obviously don't have daughters. Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Smurfs ... and by God you better wear them at least once. The alternative is the wailing and gnashing of teeth.:laugh:

My daughter gets me to do stuff that no one else in the world could get me to do but she knows better than to buy me and ugly tie or shirt. Ever since that girl 1st twirled around the house when she was about 2 she has had me wrapped around her little finger. She is daddy's girl though.

The bottom of my right foot feels like I'm standing on a nerve cluster. The bottom of the left just gets sharp shooting pain without cushion. I had arthroscopic on my right knee after having 80 LBS of conveyor belt fall on it. When I was a punk apprentice and noob journeyman I would jump off things and crawl around on the ground and steel without knee pads. Eventually, my knees felt like I was crawling on broken glass. I started wearing volleyball knee pads under my bibs after that.

I went barefoot to 9th grade and then started wearing shoes because going barefoot was greatly frowned upon.

I was never happy with Redwings or Wolverine. The Irish Setter's had the stitching around the toe that would burn off from the sparks using a cutting torch or welding. The workforce were just stinking heavy. It wasn't really the Wolverine boots fault, I was just pissed. I bought them to replace my worn out Redwings. The next day I was working on a sulphuric acid heat exchanger. The Wolverines sucked up all the acid into the soles. The next day the soles were 80% gone.

gabosaurus
06-20-2016, 05:19 PM
I'm wearing swim trunks, tank top and flip flops.

Picture or it didn't happen. :no:

My husband got a special breakfast prepared by his daughter. Poached eggs, hash browns, melon slices and orange juice. All his favorites.
Later on, we took my dad shopping. Three generations of music lovers doing their thing. :cool: