PDA

View Full Version : State of the Election

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 02:58 PM
This election started out with 17 republican candidates and 2 democrat candidates. Really just one democrat if you take into account the election was hers before it even started. And now look at the supposed "hacked emails" from Russia, and it's literally even been proven that the party had the fix in for Hillary. I don't like Bernie, but he should have at least been given a fair shot. From everything I watched, take away the 400+ super-delegates that were given to Hillary from the get go, and I think Bernie beats her. They didn't want a repeat of 2008, so they gave it to her before Bernie even began to campaign.

The republicans were much different. This went back and forth and wasn't anything like a typical campaign. 16 others had a chance. Between them and the money and the superpacs and everyone hating Trump - to include his own party, big wigs like Romney speaking out, non-stop negative ads, accusations... and he still beat every single one of them, by far I might add.

And now the party still works against him. He has still really spent minimum money and no superpacs lately at all. And yet he's within arms length of Hillary. And Hillary has mega money being spent via superpacs and her own party working hard behind her. Hopefully he'll then raise his own money and spend millions of his own - and if he should be lucky enough to get elected - I would try my hardest to turn a cold shoulder to all of those who turned their shoulders during this election. And if not, then Hillary gets the WH, which would be just as bad, if not worse, to them, than having Trump in there. Some of the first 2 things alone are worthy of putting Donald Duck in there over her - she WILL put in a liberal SC judge & she WILL start harsh regulations on purchasing guns. And if you listen to her daughter, perhaps worse, even attempts at rewriting or tossing the 2nd.

Then others want to be delusional and think tossing their vote to a 3rd party somehow doesn't affect the outcome and is their right. I've said from day one, it IS their right. But it doesn't take a genius to realize those votes WILL affect the race, just as Perot and Nader have. And then some want to write in lingo where they win no matter what, calling things while on the fence. Not gonna happen. "I'll do this, but if this happens I am right anyway" type of stuff. Some will vote with ANGER away from their own party KNOWING FOR A FACT that this will help Hillary in the long run. It can be trivialized and given all other kinds of excuses, but that's a FACT. I still stand for those rights though, however misguided. It's sad to see folks that were so against the democrats and what Hillary & Bill stand for and do, so willing to allow her to so easily get into the WH and fuck things up for all of us, for a long time to come.

Subpar candidates were all the way around. Some still swear their candidate "was the one". Of course they forget that their candidate couldn't beat the man they now blame everything for, so I guess they weren't really all that, now were they? An extremely small amount of supporters around the nation that think they are better and know better than others. That's cool with me, as I'm not running against anyone at all. Which is weird, that since I'm not running, that I've been judged an AWFUL LOT throughout the election thus far. I often think that folks get flustered, frustrated with candidates like Trump. Since they can't stop him, and he's still rolling around after everyone else, it's time to toss jabs at those who support him. As more and more dropped out of the race, the more and more folks attacked Trump supporters. And the same with Trump himself. The more he rolled, the bigger the protests got - because that's about all they can do about someone who is rocking and rolling to the nomination. It's similar, IMO, only one of them uses violence, while others do it with their words.

I'm still voting Trump and make no apologies for it. If others want to trash Trump's supporters, or me, so be it. I haven't jumped on anyone for supporting any of the other 16 and surely won't be starting today. It's still funny, as so many claimed that the Trump supporters were the troublemakers all over the place. Can someone make a list of us doing so here on DP? Don't bother, hasn't happened. Also, doesn't it make sense to treat others as they themselves treat you? If I go over to another board, and a few Cruz supporters jump on me for supporting Trump - does it make sense, or is it fair - if I then come back here and treat folks like shit and/or jump on them for who they support, imply negative things and such - because of how strangers treated me elsewhere? Call me crazy I suppose.

hjmick
06-20-2016, 03:02 PM
I try not to go after the Trump voters, though it's not always easy. Some of them I respect and consider smart and thoughtful. The rest post at USMB.

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 03:08 PM
I try not to go after the Trump voters, though it's not always easy. Some of them I respect and consider smart and thoughtful. The rest post at USMB.

I'm not pointing fingers, just my frustration in general. But I will say, you have not ever tried to insult or imply things about me because I support Trump. And I do appreciate that! And see, I know you're a big Johnson supporter, and a Trump hater. You've made both clear. :) And of course ending posts with Johnson stuff. I'm not thrilled with the guy, mostly because of drug stuff. But not for a single second do I look at anyone different because they do support him.

hjmick
06-20-2016, 03:12 PM
I don't hate Trump, I don't trust him.

I don't trust Hillary either. I hesitate to say I hate her only because that is a word and emotion I do my utmost to avoid as applied to people.

Except for that Toaster Strudel kid. I hate that guy...

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 03:18 PM
I don't hate Trump, I don't trust him.

I don't trust Hillary either. I hesitate to say I hate her only because that is a word and emotion I do my utmost to avoid as applied to people.

Except for that Toaster Strudel kid. I hate that guy...

There are folks that HATE Trump, and folks that HATE Clinton. You can see it when folks post. Not as much here, but read some of the posts at the "other" board you mentioned. We are all angels here compared to some of the crap I have read. I've read stuff around various boards that make me wonder if folks reported it to the SS!

Kathianne
06-20-2016, 04:11 PM
There are folks that HATE Trump, and folks that HATE Clinton. You can see it when folks post. Not as much here, but read some of the posts at the "other" board you mentioned. We are all angels here compared to some of the crap I have read. I've read stuff around various boards that make me wonder if folks reported it to the SS!

I know we've bumped heads more than once over this. I don't mean to put people down for supporting Trump, I just don't get it. I hate Hillary for past and present faults. I'd never once thought of Trump until he got into the race. I'd heard of him, but not being into reality TV, he was just a guy that was written about once in awhile, I do remember Kelo. I do remember reading about the university a few years ago. But hate him? I really didn't know anything about him.

I don't think he's got the knowledge, expertise, or behaviors to be president; indeed he may be a terrific businessman as many claim, but he seems to have a very difficult time following rules that he hasn't laid down. He also seems to be deaf to any type of advice from people that have successfully run campaigns and know much about politics. I've seen not one thing that has swayed me even a bit into buying he's at all conservative, especially in government size and power.

He has done a good by bringing up the issues that so many were concerned about, but it appeared that no one was listening. That goes for 'bad deals' regarding trade and certainly illegal immigration. In all honesty it seems that some politicians are getting it, to some degree; others not enough or at all. My advice, whatever the outcome in November, if those not listening to your concerns are your representatives, tell them! Don't vote for them again! If yours seem to be getting it, let them know that's what you want and they damn well better vote that way in the future.

I get frustrated with how many have over the course of the year said that he wasn't in this seriously. Then said he was. Jim, I believe you started out favoring another candidate? I supported Walker, he went down fast. Nothing to do but look around. Never was strong on Cruz, he was just the last guy I could vote for, Kasich was non-starter for me and it seems nearly everyone else. I don't know how it was that so many could dismiss all of his 'changes in mind at 70 years old. Basic core beliefs held over a lifetime suddenly turn upside down? I could see one or two or even 3 but nearly all? A bit much to buy into.

Then there are his stands and the walking them back over and over again. What to believe? I don't, but many do. I don't understand how one can applaud stands which are directly contradicted by the Constitution? Most lately it was brought up on guns and no fly list. That was a post that was slamming Obama and Lynch, but left out Trump's agreement. The point of the OP was spot on, but somehow many just turned around and said, 'well a few tweaks and it would be ok.' Alrighty.

I could rehash all the stuff, from saying Bush was involved in 9/11, to his making fun of the handicapped, women, the way he deals with the press, the McCain and not captured, it goes on and on. We've covered all of these and more.

I just don't get how one that finds both deplorable should somehow vote for either. I just can't.

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 04:35 PM
I get frustrated with how many have over the course of the year said that he wasn't in this seriously. Then said he was. Jim, I believe you started out favoring another candidate? I supported Walker, he went down fast. Nothing to do but look around. Never was strong on Cruz, he was just the last guy I could vote for, Kasich was non-starter for me and it seems nearly everyone else. I don't know how it was that so many could dismiss all of his 'changes in mind at 70 years old. Basic core beliefs held over a lifetime suddenly turn upside down? I could see one or two or even 3 but nearly all? A bit much to buy into.

I can post many videos showing Trump as far back as the 80's, holding MANY of the same stances that he is speaking about today. I honestly don't think it would matter in the slightest bit.

And I could also go down the line and post tons of stuff about nearly every other candidate, and things that they have changed on, but again I don't think it would matter.

I've stated the same thing over and over. I take the candidates and add up the things that matter to me. Simply put, Trump leads, he stands for more things that I want out of the next presidency than anyone else out there.

I also said from the beginning that many were concentrating on Trump non-stop, and little to nothing about candidates that folks do like. Well, IMO, thanks to no exposure for the others, and ALL of the attention to Trump - I believe those folks helped him win the primary season. I can't say that holds true for the entire nation, but I know it's how things appear here. I still have/had a hard time knowing where folks stood, as they were more involved in bashing Trump and such, and nothing about "positive" stuff and other candidates. But that's over now and onto the general.

And I think we are still seeing similar. Although some state they won't vote Trump, one is hard pressed to find positive posts about just who others are voting for, but no problem at all finding the bash Trump threads.

And I have a lot to blame the RNC for. They don't want Hillary. They want to protect the 2nd. They are extremely concerned about the next SC judge. And there is no doubt in my mind that they don't care much for Trump and aren't willing to spend and/or help him - which again, all helps Hillary, and they know that. Trump is mainly where he stands right now thanks to himself and those who supported him thus far.

gabosaurus
06-20-2016, 05:10 PM
There is a lot of blame going around and excuses being made about why the Trump Train has derailed so spectacularly. But it all goes back to the candidate himself and those who continue to blindly follow him.
As I have said many times, very few people like Hillary Clinton. Republicans had a great chance to beat her and take the White House in 2016. Instead, they have spent the last year or so continually kicking themselves in the balls.
The GOP electorate have supported Trump because they are angry at the ineffective works of a dysfunctional party. And they succeeded. The GOP establishment has been appropriately gutted and otherwise slapped in the face.
The negative side is that, for better or worse, you are left with Trump in the general election. :terror:

How do you expect the mainstream media to focus on Hillary when Trump does something stupid every day? News is what happened in the last 24 hours. And Trump is much more entertaining than Hillary.
Trump is going down in flames of his own doing. And he is taking GOP control of the House and Senate with him. Check out how many GOP candidates are in trouble in their districts. And how many red states that could turn blue in the next election.

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 05:15 PM
There is a lot of blame going around and excuses being made about why the Trump Train has derailed so spectacularly.

You said this yesterday and again today. He gained points from when he was down about 15 to Hillary. Then he now lost about THREE points to bring it between 5-6 points. And folks with very little upstairs, somehow want to call that "spectacularly".

Seriously, start thinking for yourself, start reading for yourself, lay off the talking points that help run your life for you. Saying such things really only make you look foolish and silly. He is 15 points higher than when polling started. I suppose that means, by your logic, that Hillary has derailed spectacularly. But then again, you don't read anything about her. You were told from before the primaries even began who it was you were supposed to vote for.

Spectacularly. You libs crack me up. I have difficulty deciphering trolling from you, and plain stupidity.

gabosaurus
06-20-2016, 05:28 PM
You said this yesterday and again today. He gained points from when he was down about 15 to Hillary. Then he now lost about THREE points to bring it between 5-6 points. And folks with very little upstairs, somehow want to call that "spectacularly".

Seriously, start thinking for yourself, start reading for yourself, lay off the talking points that help run your life for you. Saying such things really only make you look foolish and silly. He is 15 points higher than when polling started. I suppose that means, by your logic, that Hillary has derailed spectacularly. But then again, you don't read anything about her. You were told from before the primaries even began who it was you were supposed to vote for.

Spectacularly. You libs crack me up. I have difficulty deciphering trolling from you, and plain stupidity.

Hillary derailed herself many years ago. Why difference does it make if Hillary cuts her finger when Trump is shooting himself in the foot at every opportunity?
The election is not about polls. It is about whether Trump can maintain the support of his own party.
On the Dem side, Sanders is quietly working on getting his supporters to work for Hillary. On the GOP side, there is a growing "Dump Trump" movement that threatens the integrity of the party itself. Which is more newsworthy?

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 05:42 PM
The election is not about polls. It is about whether Trump can maintain the support of his own party.

So now you change the story. How did Trump fail spectacularly? With no money spent, millions and millions against him, no support from his own party... and lost a whopping 3 points. The lack of support from his own party has been there more or less from day one. And yet all he did was dismiss every other candidate and increase in the polls since that time. I agree, it IS kinda spectacular for one man against all the odds to be able to still be in the position he is after all this time.

Elessar
06-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Perhaps I am strange or something, but I have a difficult time saying I "HATE" someone
I have never met. Perhaps someone like Hitler would be an exception.

I harbor a very strong dislike for Obama and Hillary die to their behavior, especially
the pandering lies and attempts at deceit.

gabosaurus
06-20-2016, 08:29 PM
So now you change the story. How did Trump fail spectacularly? With no money spent, millions and millions against him, no support from his own party... and lost a whopping 3 points. The lack of support from his own party has been there more or less from day one. And yet all he did was dismiss every other candidate and increase in the polls since that time. I agree, it IS kinda spectacular for one man against all the odds to be able to still be in the position he is after all this time.

Like I said, this is not about polls. This is not about how Trump stands against other Republican candidates. It is about whether he can run a sustainable presidential campaign. How is Trump going to handle a challenge at the GOP convention? Can he even make it to November?

Black Diamond
06-20-2016, 09:21 PM

He's only 6 points down? People have been saying he can't win?????

Gunny
06-20-2016, 09:38 PM

I don't go after the Trump supporters. I go after Trump. Some people take THAT as being about them when it's my opinion of HIM. Been in moe than one e-fisticuffs over that one. I'm going to speak my mind. I earned the right. And I spent 21 years protecting your right to speak yours. That doesn't mean we have to agree, nor does it make it personal. It means I disagree. We're supposed to be adults, right?

Gunny
06-20-2016, 09:49 PM

No thanks. I'll stay right where I'm at. How can you hate someone you don't know? And I know which loony bin of which thou speaketh of. Those people wouldn't know politics if a sign landed on their gourds. Most of them remind me of just street trash. SHoot down their argument and wait for the incoming personal assault. That's their idea of responding on a issue.

I agree with Mick. I don't trust Trump, and I think he's about as qualified for the job as Obama. I wouldn't trust Hillary if she said the sky was blue. I'd have to go outside and look.

Black Diamond
06-20-2016, 09:55 PM
No thanks. I'll stay right where I'm at. How can you hate someone you don't know? And I know which loony bin of which thou speaketh of. Those people wouldn't know politics if a sign landed on their gourds. Most of them remind me of just street trash. SHoot down their argument and wait for the incoming personal assault. That's their idea of responding on a issue.

I agree with Mick. I don't trust Trump, and I think he's about as qualified for the job as Obama. I wouldn't trust Hillary if she said the sky was blue. I'd have to go outside and look.
Seattle....

Gunny
06-20-2016, 10:00 PM
Perhaps I am strange or something, but I have a difficult time saying I "HATE" someone
I have never met. Perhaps someone like Hitler would be an exception.

I harbor a very strong dislike for Obama and Hillary die to their behavior, especially
the pandering lies and attempts at deceit.

You ain't lonely in the boat, buddy.

jimnyc
07-25-2016, 10:31 AM
There is a lot of blame going around and excuses being made about why the Trump Train has derailed so spectacularly. But it all goes back to the candidate himself and those who continue to blindly follow him.

Hmmmmm. The derailment, huh? Looks like the derailing is being done by emails, from a few fronts, and from a dipshit of a DNC leader who is only making things worse. How far ahead was Hillary when you wrote this crap? Like 6 points? And now, now she is losing? Looks like the email chain has broken spectacularly.

But it all goes back to the candidate herself, and those that still blindly follow her.

Lots of blame in the past few weeks, and a LOT of excuses. But what harms her the most? THE TRUTH.

Black Diamond
07-25-2016, 11:07 AM
Hmmmmm. The derailment, huh? Looks like the derailing is being done by emails, from a few fronts, and from a dipshit of a DNC leader who is only making things worse. How far ahead was Hillary when you wrote this crap? Like 6 points? And now, now she is losing? Looks like the email chain has broken spectacularly.

But it all goes back to the candidate herself, and those that still blindly follow her.

Lots of blame in the past few weeks, and a LOT of excuses. But what harms her the most? THE TRUTH.
I like the Russian angle myself.