PDA

View Full Version : TV News Feasts on Trump Controversies While Ignoring Hillary’s Scandals

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 03:44 PM
I wonder what happened? I was to believe that he more or less owned the media, and can get on the air whenever he wants, or have his friends control things in his favor. He 'owned' the media and that's why during the primaries, no one was on TV other than him.

Maybe he sold off his shares in the networks?

-----

oters who have relied on the network evening newscasts for information about the 2016 presidential candidates saw four times more airtime devoted to controversies involving presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump than to the scandals surrounding his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

Indeed, the only Clinton scandal to receive more than a minimal amount of attention from the networks during the primaries was the ongoing investigation of Clinton’s use of a private e-mail server and her mishandling of classified information while serving as Secretary of State. The networks paid little or no attention to a host of other Clinton controversies that likely would have been big news if they had been associated with her GOP opponent.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2016/06/20/tv-news-feasts-trump-controversies-while-ignoring-hillarys-scandals

hjmick
06-20-2016, 04:04 PM
I'll bet this is since he became the presumptive nominee...

Though I never gave voice to this, I always figured the media would lay off of Trump until he was that nominee then the gloves would come off...

Hell, the media elected the first Black President, do you think they'll be stopped when it comes to electing the first woman as President?

The Media - We Make History!

Kathianne
06-20-2016, 04:20 PM
I'll bet this is since he became the presumptive nominee...

Though I never gave voice to this, I always figured the media would lay off of Trump until he was that nominee then the gloves would come off...

Hell, the media elected the first Black President, do you think they'll be stopped when it comes to electing the first woman as President?

The Media - We Make History!

Indeed, whomever was the nominee of GOP would face the same. Hillary will always get a pass from the MSM.

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 04:40 PM
So Trump only owned the media and could get on any station he wanted and do as he pleases - but only until the general? So it was a ploy then, and he really didn't have connections at all? Or all of his connections will be turning Hillary? Weird stuff!

gabosaurus
06-20-2016, 05:14 PM
The right-wing blogs are ignoring the fact that Trump creates his own news on a daily basis. The media doesn't need to hunt for it.

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 05:17 PM
The right-wing blogs are ignoring the fact that Trump creates his own news on a daily basis. The media doesn't need to hunt for it.

Sure, that makes sense, and of course addresses the actual subject. There are often times that it is SO obvious that you just read the title and then just vomit into the subject field.

gabosaurus
06-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Sure, that makes sense, and of course addresses the actual subject. There are often times that it is SO obvious that you just read the title and then just vomit into the subject field.

You should temp ban yourself for that gross visual image. :laugh:

http://thetobyshow.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f7ccc7a88330154360ec151970c-pi

jimnyc
06-20-2016, 05:24 PM
You should temp ban yourself for that gross visual image. :laugh:

http://thetobyshow.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f7ccc7a88330154360ec151970c-pi

No, and my description is not ban worthy when it's simply spot on.