PDA

View Full Version : Question About Shrimp

Gunny
06-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Was pondering this because the GF loves to use coupons and buy what's on sale. I'm the opposite I get what I want. But it occured to me after eating a plate of shrimp I had to peel myself ..... just WHO peels the "boiled and peeled shrimp"? Somebody's had their dirty little meat beaters on my damned shrimp. Yuck.

Elessar
06-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Was pondering this because the GF loves to use coupons and buy what's on sale. I'm the opposite I get what I want. But it occured to me after eating a plate of shrimp I had to peel myself ..... just WHO peels the "boiled and peeled shrimp"? Somebody's had their dirty little meat beaters on my damned shrimp. Yuck.

Boil them for about 2 minutes.

Gunny
06-20-2016, 11:24 PM
Boil them for about 2 minutes.

That will peel them? We used to net them in Key West so I know how to do all the work. I just prefer not to anymore. :)

Elessar
06-20-2016, 11:34 PM
That will peel them? We used to net them in Key West so I know how to do all the work. I just prefer not to anymore. :)

It will soften the shells and have no grubby hands except your own!

Kathianne
06-20-2016, 11:41 PM

LOL! I buy raw peeled and deveined. I don't like what you were just referring to!

Gunny
06-20-2016, 11:48 PM
LOL! I buy raw peeled and deveined. I don't like what you were just referring to!

Not my idea. I'm not the coupon/sale freak here. People go too far with that crap. But I was having a smoke and as usual mind was in overdrive. Those shrimp don't peel themselves. Probably some illegal did it for you, Kath. $4 an hour, cash. :laugh:

Kathianne
06-20-2016, 11:51 PM
Not my idea. I'm not the coupon/sale freak here. People go too far with that crap. But I was having a smoke and as usual mind was in overdrive. Those shrimp don't peel themselves. Probably some illegal did it for you, Kath. $4 an hour, cash. :laugh:

I don't care! I'm glad to just throw them in some sauce or broth and KNOW I cooked them! I don't like peeling shrimp, even cooked. I do buy 2 bags when they are on sale, can't remember coupons. ;)

Gunny
06-20-2016, 11:59 PM
I don't care! I'm glad to just throw them in some sauce or broth and KNOW I cooked them! I don't like peeling shrimp, even cooked. I do buy 2 bags when they are on sale, can't remember coupons. ;)

Guess you didn't eat shrimp in the old days, huh? I still tear crab legs apart with my fingers. Using that goofy little tool aggravates me.

Kathianne
06-21-2016, 12:06 AM
Guess you didn't eat shrimp in the old days, huh? I still tear crab legs apart with my fingers. Using that goofy little tool aggravates me.

I managed to need stitches once while eating a lobster. Crab claws would be a self-destructing device in my hands. ;)

Gunny
06-21-2016, 12:10 AM
I managed to need stitches once while eating a lobster. Crab claws would be a self-destructing device in my hands. ;)

You're such a klutz. :laugh:

Kathianne
06-21-2016, 12:23 AM
You're such a klutz. :laugh:

Indeed, I've said so many a time!

Abbey Marie
06-21-2016, 08:45 AM

Lol! No sharp knives for you ;)

sometimes i I can't eat when I think about the people who have handled the food.

Kathianne
06-21-2016, 08:47 AM
Lol! No sharp knives for you ;)

sometimes i I can't eat when I think about the people who have handled the food.

Nearly cut off a finger one Christmas. No time for stitches, just wrapped it with gauze and tape. Still have a nasty scar. :laugh2:

Gunny
06-21-2016, 08:52 AM
Nearly cut off a finger one Christmas. No time for stitches, just wrapped it with gauze and tape. Still have a nasty scar. :laugh2:

Get a roll of electrical tape. That stuff sucks on electrical stuff but is a winner as a 1st aid device.