PDA

View Full Version : Lewandowski Fired

Kathianne
06-21-2016, 12:26 AM
I didn't find this until tonight, way too much running around getting ready for surgery. Then out for dinner with 5 friends, was amazing. Now the nerves are starting, so I start reading. Find this:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/politics/corey-lewandowski-out-as-trump-campaign-manager/index.html

<cite class="el-editorial-source" style="font-size: 1.2rem; line-height: 1.66667; color: rgb(38, 38, 38); box-sizing: border-box; font-family: CNN, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 700; background-color: rgb(254, 254, 254);">(CNN)</cite>Donald Trump fired his controversial campaign manager Corey Lewandowski Monday, unleashing a major shake-up as he comes under pressure from his closest advisers -- particularly his family members -- to urgently reset his struggling presidential campaign.

Lewandowski's abrupt departure is the campaign's most significant staff change to date and signals an acknowledgment from Trump that an overhaul is necessary ahead of the general election. Trump has suffered major setbacks since becoming the GOP's presumptive nominee last month, coming under intense criticism from party leaders, major donors and rank-and-file Republicans for an array of issues -- including his response to the terrorist attack in Orlando that killed 49 people.

"The Donald J. Trump Campaign for President, which has set a historic record in the Republican Primary having received almost 14 million votes, has today announced that Corey Lewandowski will no longer be working with the campaign," Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in a statement Monday. "The campaign is grateful to Corey for his hard work and dedication and we wish him the best in the future."

RELATED: GOP donors rattled by Trump (http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/politics/donald-trump-gop-donors/index.html)

The decision to fire Lewandowski was made swiftly in a Monday morning weekly meeting with Trump's family members, a Trump adviser said.

Will it bring in some behavioral changes? If so, that would be good.

Atticus Finch
06-21-2016, 04:47 PM
I didn't find this until tonight, way too much running around getting ready for surgery. Then out for dinner with 5 friends, was amazing. Now the nerves are starting, so I start reading. Find this:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/politics/corey-lewandowski-out-as-trump-campaign-manager/index.html

Will it bring in some behavioral changes? If so, that would be good.With the revelation of the campaign finances of both candidates ..It appears someone didn't have it on the ball.

Noir
06-21-2016, 05:41 PM
I thought part of trumps whole thing was that he was independently weathly enough to not need to relay on donations from Super PACS etc?

Black Diamond
06-21-2016, 06:11 PM
I thought part of trumps whole thing was that he was independently weathly enough to not need to relay on donations from Super PACS etc?

He said early on he would self fund his nomination bid but not the general election bid.

crin63
06-21-2016, 06:38 PM
My dad called me today to grumble about Trump. He said, " you know son it's going to be hard for Trump to raise any support after his scorched earth campaign", "I don't think he is going to get any financial support from Cruz supporters after his constant lying about and disparaging of Cruz", "He trashed a good, honorable and decent man who has always been on the right side in the battles for liberty and now thinks we should support him, not going to happen".

He thinks Trump will just cry foul and walk away at the convention because he isn't assured a victory in November and can't raise money. He mentioned that he saw a report that Ted Cruz is not releasing his delegates.

Noir
06-22-2016, 03:21 AM
He said early on he would self fund his nomination bid but not the general election bid.

I see, if a multi-billionaire ends up flopping because they don't have enough money...:laugh:

looking around i saw saw a post saying in 8 battleground states the ratio of advertising spending is currently 100:0 in favour of Clinton. Those don't sound like winning numbers from a trump perspective.

Gunny
06-22-2016, 05:43 AM
I see, if a multi-billionaire ends up flopping because they don't have enough money...:laugh:

looking around i saw saw a post saying in 8 battleground states the ratio of advertising spending is currently 100:0 in favour of Clinton. Those don't sound like winning numbers from a trump perspective.

Why should he foot the bill? Doesn't matter how much money he has. If he's the last man standing, the RNC needs to pony up. You think the billionaire Hitlery is pay for her own campaign? The only dime she's spent is to gas up her bus and her Lear jet.

Noir
06-22-2016, 05:56 AM
Why should he foot the bill?

Because (apparently) he wants to be president. So if others won't give him to financial support to become president then he has to chose what he wants more - a chance at the presidency, or some of his money.

Gunny
06-25-2016, 04:36 AM
Because (apparently) he wants to be president. So if others won't give him to financial support to become president then he has to chose what he wants more - a chance at the presidency, or some of his money.

Kind of unfair, don't you think? He has to fund himself while everyone else is funded by kiss-ass taxpayers? Kiss the party's ass and you get funded. So we get either two bureaucrat organizations that outspend any outsider/3rd party or that person has to fund him or herself?

Maybe we ought to look at the process? And I've been saying this for decades, so it isn't like it's something new for me. I think the entire bureaucracy is a bunch of crap. They contrive issues that mean nothing to put up the pretense of a fight and all the while they're just a bunch of fat cows living off our tax dollars.

And people like you believe them.