PDA

View Full Version : Democrat debate

07-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Anyone actually paying attention to this thing? Id consider it if i didnt have to get ready for hell tomorrow.

nevadamedic
07-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Anyone actually paying attention to this thing? Id consider it if i didnt have to get ready for hell tomorrow.

Nope, I already hear enough of their lies don't need to watch a debate to hear more of them.

manu1959
07-23-2007, 10:48 PM

and why are you visiting hell tomorrow?

nevadamedic
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Story Highlights

YouTube questions were sometimes personal, heartfelt and comical
Observers say no candidate stood out enough to challenge front-runner Clinton
Kucinich points out he voted against Iraq war as opposed to other candidates
Dodd says "We've lost our moral leadership in the world" because of war

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/23/debate.main/index.html

How can you tell when one of the Democratic Canidates are lying? They Open their mouth! The only thing that wasn't lied about was Kucinich saying he was the only one who voted against the War.

82Marine89
07-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Did those guys mass debate again?

Mr. P
07-24-2007, 08:58 AM
and why are you visiting hell tomorrow?

Must be the bar exam. Just a guess.

GW in Ohio
07-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes, I caught it. My impressions:

Hillary was the star. She was head and shoulders above the rest of the field.
Edwards looked like yesterday's damp, washed-out laundry. If he's spending $400 on haircuts, he's not getting his money's worth.
The more I see and hear Obama, the more I'm convinced of his mediocrity.
I like Kucinich's feistiness. Too bad he doesn't have a chance.

hjmick
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM
And out of that bunch, Richardson is the best man for the job. It's a shame he'll never get the nod.

stephanie
07-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Just another JOKE of a Democrat debate held by the lame stream media...:cheers2:

GW in Ohio
07-24-2007, 01:03 PM
And out of that bunch, Richardson is the best man for the job. It's a shame he'll never get the nod.

Why do you think Richardson is the best man for the job?

KarlMarx
07-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I didn't watch it, but let me guess at some of the topics coverd

1. more government is needed in our lives... to make things "fair" of course

2. people should pay more in taxes under the premise that the tax cuts only were for the rich.

3. Iraq is a lost cause and Bush misled us all

stephanie
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I didn't watch it, but let me guess at some of the topics coverd

1. more government is needed in our lives... to make things "fair" of course

2. people should pay more in taxes under the premise that the tax cuts only were for the rich.

3. Iraq is a lost cause and Bush misled us all

ding ding ding.....

Yu da winna:clap:

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM

:slap: Dodd is the best one of the bunch.

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Must be the bar exam. Just a guess.

avatar is/was in Law School? Figures he is one smart dude.:salute:

Pale Rider
07-24-2007, 03:01 PM

I saw one little clip of a question off youtube from a couple lezbos wondering if they'd be allowed to marry, and the response was a resounding yes... what else? Because, as usual with CNN, the questions were cherry picked to be the easiest to answer. A real softball game. NOT ONE QUESTION ABOUT ILLEGAL ALIENS.

FUCK the liberals. They're all a bunch of filthy, God hating, baby killing, gun banning, military hating, tax loving, big brother, communist, immoral, pieces of shit. This country would be SOOOOOOO much better off without them. But... I guess every society has it's abnormalities.

red states rule
07-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Nope, I already hear enough of their lies don't need to watch a debate to hear more of them.

Hey, it is a good cure for insomnia

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey, it is a good cure for insomnia

You made it back here! :cheers2:

red states rule
07-24-2007, 04:50 PM
You made it back here! :cheers2:

Why should you have all the fun?

07-24-2007, 06:19 PM
After hearing about this debate I am starting to think we need to have debate where Democrat candidates respond to conservative questions and Republican candidates respond to Democrat questions. Id like to see how these people handle things when they are actually challenged.

My guess is the Republicans would do outstanding and the Democrats would get angry.

red states rule
07-24-2007, 06:32 PM
After hearing about this debate I am starting to think we need to have debate where Democrat candidates respond to conservative questions and Republican candidates respond to Democrat questions. Id like to see how these people handle things when they are actually challenged.

My guess is the Republicans would do outstanding and the Democrats would get angry.

I can't see a Republican actually responding to a snowman asking about global warming

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Why should you have all the fun?

:laugh2:

red states rule
07-24-2007, 06:39 PM
:laugh2:

Someone needs to help you keep things stired up

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I can't see a Republican actually responding to a snowman asking about global warming

How can they respond about something that doesn't exist.

red states rule
07-24-2007, 06:41 PM
How can they respond about something that doesn't exist.

The Dems did last night

Tells you alot about the Dem candidates

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
The Dems did last night

Tells you alot about the Dem candidates

I already know more then I want to about them. Hell they probably all had an orgy with Hillary after the debate.

red states rule
07-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I already know more then I want to about them. Hell they probably all had an orgy with Hillary after the debate.

NOBODY is that desperate

I have seen better heads on a keg of beer

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 06:45 PM
NOBODY is that desperate

I have seen better heads on a keg of beer

Were talking about Edwards and Obama here................... Edwards is so desperate he'd do Kerry, oh wait they already did! :laugh2:

red states rule
07-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Were talking about Edwards and Obama here................... Edwards is so desperate he'd do Kerry, oh wait they already did! :laugh2:

With Hillary, I have seen better things raised in a swamp

red states rule
07-24-2007, 08:27 PM

Chicago Tribune Blogger to Hillary, Dems: Don't Cut and Run... From the Term Liberal
By Ken Shepherd | July 24, 2007 - 19:18 ET
The Chicago Tribune's Frank James thinks the Democrats really need to stop this insistence on retreat... from the word liberal. In short, James wrote at the paper's "The Swamp" blog today, if Democrats don't hunker down and fight Republicans on the dreaded L-word, the GOP will keep moving on and make "progressive" an epithet as well.

Here's James' argument, portions in bold are my emphasis:

The backlash to taxes, the welfare-state and civil-rights created blowback against liberalism to the point where the term liberal has become an epithet, almost the political equivalent of the “n” word. Republicans have long wielded it like kryptonite against Democrats because it works.

Thus Democrats’ refusal to embrace it and to seek a different term. They’ve landed on progressive. The way Clinton described it, it sounded a whole lot like the classic definition of liberal.

Democrats clearly believe that progressive is a far better term for marketing themselves to the American people. It has the word “progress” in it and Americans certainly like progress.

But conservatives have repeatedly proven they’re very good at taking language and recasting it to their own uses. One need look no further than “death tax” and “cut and run.”

So Democrats may now want to plan now for the day when Republicans have successfully transformed “progressive,” with Democratic complicty of course, into as dirty a word as liberal, leaving Democrats no choice but to island hop to another term.

Of course, Democrats could always take another tack. They could stand and fight for terms that once embodied the very idea of human liberty and the ideas behind the American experiment.

Funny. To me that sounds like a political analog to the "if we don't fight them over there, we'll end up fighting them here" argument that liberals in the media deride as simplistic about the war on terror.

Yet when it's political warfare for the electoral viability of the liberal Democratic Party, however, it's a whole other story.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2007/07/24/chicago-tribune-blogger-hillary-dems-dont-cut-run-term-liberal

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 08:29 PM
With Hillary, I have seen better things raised in a swamp

Yea but look at Obama, the guy is nastier then Clinton and im sure Hillary has a bigger D#$% then him too.............

red states rule
07-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Yea but look at Obama, the guy is nastier then Clinton and im sure Hillary has a bigger D#$% then him too.............

Obama looks like part of the Polaroid you tear off and throw away

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Obama looks like part of the Polaroid you tear off and throw away

That would be an improvement! :laugh2:

red states rule
07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
That would be an improvement! :laugh2:

Pity his wife having to wake up to that face every morning

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Pity his wife having to wake up to that face every morning