PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Navy mulls punishment for sailors seized by Iran

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-23-2016, 05:41 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-navy-mulls-punishment-sailors-seized-iran-211818700.html?nhp=1

U.S. Navy mulls punishment for sailors seized by Iran
[Reuters]
Reuters
June 23, 2016

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - United States Navy officials are reviewing potential punishments against the American sailors who were briefly held by Iran in January and are close to a decision, a Navy official said on Thursday.

Ten U.S. sailors, who were aboard two patrol craft, were detained by Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) on Jan. 12 when they inadvertently entered Iranian territorial waters. They were released the next day after being held for about 15 hours.

The U.S. military said the Americans were intercepted after the diesel engine in one of their boats developed a mechanical problem.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the investigation also found the incident was caused by communication failures and not enough oversight and training.

Findings of the five-month long investigation will be presented by Admiral John Richardson, the chief of U.S. Naval Operations, at a briefing in the Pentagon on June 30 where he will give more details on the incident, the official said.

If any punishments will have been decided by then, they will be announced by Richardson, the official added.

"The investigation is complete, and is being referred to appropriate commands for adjudication," said U.S. Navy spokesman Commander Mike Kafka.

In May, the U.S. Navy said it had fired the commander of the 10 American sailors. At the time, a Navy statement said that it had lost confidence in Commander Eric Rasch, who was the executive officer of the coastal riverine squadron.

(Reporting by Idrees Ali; Editing by Chris Reese)

If for nothing else they should be punished for not firing upon the Iranians as they approached them with their guns aimed at them.

MYSELF, I SUSPECT THAT IT WAS A SET-UP(SET UP AS A MISSION) ENGINEERED BY OBAMA AND HIS ADMINISTRATION TO
ENHANCE IRAN'S IMAGE IN THE M.E... over that of the Saudi's..
As of now the M.E. sees that Iran backed us down--that the Saudi's ally with us too much..
That could very well vault Iran into being the head of the emerging Caliphate over there and have been a concession demanded by the Iranians to sign the so-called great nuke deal that -- the traitor obama and his idiot Kerry pulled off.
Pulled off is right since it gave away everything and gt nothing in return!--Tyr

Gunny
06-23-2016, 05:56 PM
If for nothing else they should be punished for not firing upon the Iranians as they approached them with their guns aimed at them.

MYSELF, I SUSPECT THAT IT WAS A SET-UP(SET UP AS A MISSION) ENGINEERED BY OBAMA AND HIS ADMINISTRATION TO
As of now the M.E. sees that Iran backed us down--that the Saudi's ally with us too much..
That could very well vault Iran into being the head of the emerging Caliphate over there and have been a concession demanded by the Iranians to sign the so-called great nuke deal that -- the traitor obama and his idiot Kerry pulled off.
Pulled off is right since it gave away everything and gt nothing in return!--Tyr

If anyone gets punished, it's the Capt. He gives the order to stand down. What are you going to bust him for? Lack of judgment. He's between a rock and a hard place. Create an international incident or surrender. I'd have been seeing how fast that boat could run when you lay down the handle.

The Iranian's have claimed the entire Gulf as theirs since I was in. There's no setup besides a political one by the Iranians. They know Obama won't do anything. Notice they didn't go after one of the two MEU's ? They picked off PT boats. I'd would say the Iranians were probably out of bounds and definitely the aggressors. I don't know one skipper that's going to f*ck up that bad. And we didn't even have GPS.

Now our own people want to blame us? :rolleyes: How Obama-like.

aboutime
06-23-2016, 07:25 PM

Everyone who doesn't know....SHOULD KNOW BY NOW. The Obama ROE (rules of engagement) FORBID our military from fighting back in most all circumstances. Did you hear the WUSS Kerry THANK IRAN for not injuring our sailors? That is how Obama, and Kerry disguise CUTTING AND RUNNING. Remember this....? http://icansayit.com/images/cutrun.jpg

That is the ONLY THING LIBERALS, DEMOCRATS, COWARDS KNOW HOW TO DO!