PDA

View Full Version : Trump statement on EU - Makes me think...

darin
06-24-2016, 07:46 AM
Anyone even kinda wish some US states could do this?

"The people of the United Kingdom have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the European Union and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. "

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-regarding-british-referendum-on-e.u.-membership

"The people of the Texas have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the US of A and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. "

CSM
06-24-2016, 07:48 AM

"The people of the Texas have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the US of A and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. "

Once you check in you can never leave!

darin
06-24-2016, 07:50 AM
#TEXIT. You heard that here first :)

Gunny
06-24-2016, 08:03 AM

I'll tell you this straight up:

Texas is NOT the greatest place to live. Yes, we have a better budget than the US. But it's one strict state. We've been invaded from the North by snowbirds who love to take our money then turn around and make fun of us. We're being invaded by Mexico who love to take our money and run back home with it on the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Mrez7ahZA

Gunny
06-24-2016, 08:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEzNmqLHHEQ

Noir
06-24-2016, 08:15 AM
Sure if Trumps all in favour of it then it seems his presidency would be a nod to a state like Texas to push for separation.

Gunny
06-24-2016, 08:23 AM
Sure if Trumps all in favour of it then it seems his presidency would be a nod to a state like Texas to push for separation.

Y'know dude. I'm a Texan. I'm not a Trump fan. But that accusation is just stupid. Why would he allow a state to leave that makes more money than his country does? He's a businessman. Use some logic.

Noir
06-24-2016, 08:26 AM
Y'know dude. I'm a Texan. I'm not a Trump fan. But that accusation is just stupid. Why would he allow a state to leave that makes more money than his country does? He's a businessman. Use some logic.

What's he gonna stop them with?

CSM
06-24-2016, 08:32 AM

Hmmm....the US has had one Civil War over secession already. Yeah I know, slavery was eventually part of that little soire' as well but it started over secession.

Gunny
06-24-2016, 08:33 AM

Honestly, he couldn't. We have more military than most of the other states combined. Then you rack up us gun toting rednecks? But what's your point? Your "what if" does nothing but stir up crap. You're recreating the American Revolution with your "what if". I'm a Texan first. I'm also bound to defend the Constitution of the US. I would have to choose. I prefer not to.

If I do, I'm a Texan first.

darin
06-24-2016, 08:42 AM
You're missing the point, Noir.

The idea is for the Feds to stop making laws that Hurt texans, (and other Citizens) so departure isn't the answer. Until the courts stop allowing over-reach of federal power, and until congress stops court and president over-reach, and until a president stops congressional over-reach...

What we have now is this: a self-licking ice cream cone.

Pres does illegal shit. congress funds the illegal shit. courts uphold the illegal shit. there's no checks and balances with every branch run by partisans.

Gunny
06-24-2016, 08:52 AM
Damn. I been sitting here listening to my redneck Texas country videos. Y'all want to get all serious. And where's that slacker jimnyc?

I feel discriminated against. Not a single cowboy emoticon. I think I'll start a party, go to CNN and protest your discrimination against me. :laugh:

revelarts
06-24-2016, 09:29 AM
Noirs point is perfect.
But here's the problem, when someone with an R behind their name is in office these "Real Texans" of Texas don't even consider leaving the union. But when Democrats are in the white house manifestos are written, secession groups chattering and ammo is purchased.
Somehow a lot of Texans don't get that the Rs and Ds don't matter that much, the same laws are ALL still on the books no matter the party in the white house. the same laws that are killing our sovereignty, not dealing with the boarder and gutting the constitution.
R's haven't rolled back ONE thing and in many cases Rs have put the crap in place that Texans say the hate. But faithful party members managed to ignore or justify it when their guy does it.

Texas won't do jack.
especially if a Republicans in office.

you can't even get most of these so-called hard core to patriots to work for or vote 3rd party to try and "get the country back".
So how many would really vote to leave the union, much less shoot american soldiers for it?
I'm guessing almost zero.

jimnyc
06-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Damn. I been sitting here listening to my redneck Texas country videos. Y'all want to get all serious. And where's that slacker @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1)?

I feel discriminated against. Not a single cowboy emoticon. I think I'll start a party, go to CNN and protest your discrimination against me. :laugh:

Wassup :cowboy:

Gunny
06-24-2016, 09:50 AM
Wassup :cowboy:

I like that. :laugh:

If he's got hair it don't count.

jimnyc
06-24-2016, 09:58 AM
I like that. :laugh:

If he's got hair it don't count.

He looks bald to me. :)

Abbey Marie
06-24-2016, 02:05 PM
You're missing the point, Noir.

The idea is for the Feds to stop making laws that Hurt texans, (and other Citizens) so departure isn't the answer. Until the courts stop allowing over-reach of federal power, and until congress stops court and president over-reach, and until a president stops congressional over-reach...

What we have now is this: a self-licking ice cream cone.

Pres does illegal shit. congress funds the illegal shit. courts uphold the illegal shit. there's no checks and balances with every branch run by partisans.

And we the people ​eat the illegal ****

Gunny
06-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Noirs point is perfect.
But here's the problem, when someone with an R behind their name is in office these "Real Texans" of Texas don't even consider leaving the union. But when Democrats are in the white house manifestos are written, secession groups chattering and ammo is purchased.
Somehow a lot of Texans don't get that the Rs and Ds don't matter that much, the same laws are ALL still on the books no matter the party in the white house. the same laws that are killing our sovereignty, not dealing with the boarder and gutting the constitution.
R's haven't rolled back ONE thing and in many cases Rs have put the crap in place that Texans say the hate. But faithful party members managed to ignore or justify it when their guy does it.

Texas won't do jack.
especially if a Republicans in office.

you can't even get most of these so-called hard core to patriots to work for or vote 3rd party to try and "get the country back".
So how many would really vote to leave the union, much less shoot american soldiers for it?
I'm guessing almost zero.

You might want to look again. Texas leads the way challenging the Federal government at every step. And you just come on down here and try telling us what to do. You need us. We DON'T need you. And it don't have a damned thing to do with d's and r's. We're Texans first hereabouts.

And y'all whiny shits couldn't handle the heat. All we'd have to do is wait for summer and watch you die.

Noir
06-25-2016, 04:55 AM
You might want to look again. Texas leads the way challenging the Federal government at every step. And you just come on down here and try telling us what to do. You need us. We DON'T need you. And it don't have a damned thing to do with d's and r's. We're Texans first hereabouts.

And y'all whiny shits couldn't handle the heat. All we'd have to do is wait for summer and watch you die.

As a curiosity, if you were a bit younger and still in your military career, and Texas tried to leave the union when it all got a bit violent, and you were deployed as a boot on the ground to stop them - would you shot the Texan citizens, or would you rather join them and shot the American troops?

Gunny
06-25-2016, 05:12 AM
As a curiosity, if you were a bit younger and still in your military career, and Texas tried to leave the union when it all got a bit violent, and you were deployed as a boot on the ground to stop them - would you shot the Texan citizens, or would you rather join them and shot the American troops?

You ain't listening. I'm a Texan first. I was born 10 miles from the Alamo. Y'all don't come in here telling us what to do.

Ever heard of the Davis Police? Yanks thought they were going to control this state and we ran them out. They just gave up on us.

I don't want to shoot another American. Don't come around here. THAT solves the problem.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-25-2016, 07:35 AM
You ain't listening. I'm a Texan first. I was born 10 miles from the Alamo. Y'all don't come in here telling us what to do.

Ever heard of the Davis Police? Yanks thought they were going to control this state and we ran them out. They just gave up on us.

I don't want to shoot another American. Don't come around here. THAT solves the problem.

Same here. Family and home comes first. This Union once its changed so drastically has no hold on me.
The Union is made up of people, if that UNION SO SUBVERTS THE CONSTITUTION AS TO VOID IT--I NO LONGER AM LOYAL TO THAT UNION.
THE TRAITOR OBAMA HAS IT ALMOST THERE...
Now they plan on the Hildabeast finishing it off in another 8 years..
The assholes haven't a damn clue how a Southern man thinks, lives and fights.
We old school guys do not take any crap off of anybody.
And a great any of us have the scars to prove it many times over.
If Texas did leave the union, I would be there in a few months, if not few weeks.
Move my entire family and leave any behind that chose to stay put...

Liberal dems are clueless idiots that just may end up forcing a civil war--if so-- they'd best be ready for living hell to rain down upon them by true patriots. Fact.-Tyr

Gunny
06-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Same here. Family and home comes first. This Union once its changed so drastically has no hold on me.
The Union is made up of people, if that UNION SO SUBVERTS THE CONSTITUTION AS TO VOID IT--I NO LONGER AM LOYAL TO THAT UNION.
THE TRAITOR OBAMA HAS IT ALMOST THERE...
Now they plan on the Hildabeast finishing it off in another 8 years..
The assholes haven't a damn clue how a Southern man thinks, lives and fights.
We old school guys do not take any crap off of anybody.
And a great any of us have the scars to prove it many times over.
If Texas did leave the union, I would be there in a few months, if not few weeks.
Move my entire family and leave any behind that chose to stay put...

Liberal dems are clueless idiots that just may end up forcing a civil war--if so-- they'd best be ready for living hell to rain down upon them by true patriots. Fact.-Tyr

Let 'em force it. Their mouths ain't going to do shit. I know some good ol' boys lookin' for a fight.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Let 'em force it. Their mouths ain't going to do shit. I know some good ol' boys lookin' for a fight.

They haven't clue a damn clue what they are in for if they force a fight.
Come into the deep forest where I would lay in wait and I could waste 'em and never make a sound-- longbow and razor-head arrows.
I know that forest like the back of my hand..
Of course I'd have my guns with me if needed.
Sad to even have to discuss this but this is the tragic reality of what the libs and dem party have been engineering..
Sad reality of the open treason that the sub-human piece of shit obama has engaged in and even been praised for by the usual vermin..-Tyr

Gunny
06-25-2016, 11:41 AM
They haven't clue a damn clue what they are in for if they force a fight.
Come into the deep forest where I would lay in wait and I could waste 'em and never make a sound-- longbow and razor-head arrows.
I know that forest like the back of my hand..
Of course I'd have my guns with me if needed.
Sad to even have to discuss this but this is the tragic reality of what the libs and dem party have been engineering..
Sad reality of the open treason that the sub-human piece of shit obama has engaged in and even been praised for by the usual vermin..-Tyr

You don't want to come into the woods with me. You're playing on my playground. I hear ya, bro.

gabosaurus
06-25-2016, 03:31 PM
You don't want to come into the woods with me. You're playing on my playground.

https://i.imgflip.com/16fu3t.jpg

Gunny
06-26-2016, 07:55 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/16fu3t.jpg

I'm not a proponent of secession. That's just another one of your leftwingnut labels. All I said is we don't need you, you need us. I wish you lefties would secede and move to one of these countries you feel so sorry for so we can get back to being the US around here.

fj1200
06-28-2016, 02:44 PM

Nah, I just wish we were still a truly Constitutional Republic with actual checks and balances.