PDA

View Full Version : 14 killed in Somalia hotel attack

jimnyc
06-25-2016, 01:43 PM
No doubt these must have been older white men, likely members of the NRA, and also Christians? And maybe even those crazy righties too. :rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your bubble, gabosaurus - but once AGAIN, the muslims strike.

I wonder how good their gun control is over there? Perhaps they should just ban them altogether in the Islamic world, and surely that would be the end of all of these shootings. No?

-----

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) -- At least 14 people were killed when gunmen stormed a hotel in Somalia's seaside capital and took an unknown number of hotel guests hostage, police and medical workers said Saturday, before security forces hunted down the attackers and ended an hours-long assault that began with an explosives-laden vehicle blowing up at the hotel gate.

Islamic extremist group al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the latest in a series of hotel attacks in Mogadishu.

"We have finally ended the siege. The last remaining militants were killed on the top floor," police Capt. Mohamed Hussein said after security forces pursued the gunmen who had retreated to upper floors of the Nasa-Hablod hotel, setting up sniper posts on the roof and throwing grenades. Police said at least four gunmen were involved in the attack.

"We have so far confirmed the deaths of 14 people. Some of them died in the hospitals," Hussein said. The deaths included women who were selling khat, a stimulant leaf popular with Somali men, outside the hotel, he said.

Hussein said security forces killed two of the attackers. Police and medical workers said another nine people were wounded in the assault.

Security forces rescued most of the hostages; it was not clear whether any were killed.

Police said the attack began when a suicide bomber detonated an explosives-laden vehicle at the hotel entrance, ripping off its gate. Gunmen fought their way inside, and a witness said they began shooting randomly at hotel guests.

Blood was splattered on the hotel floor. The bodies of two men, including one thought to be a hotel guard and an attacker dressed in a military uniform, lay on the first floor.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/huge-explosion-outside-hotel-somali-capital-police-135136060.html

Gunny
06-25-2016, 05:01 PM
No doubt these must have been older white men, likely members of the NRA, and also Christians? And maybe even those crazy righties too. :rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your bubble, @gabosaurus (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=111) - but once AGAIN, the muslims strike.

I wonder how good their gun control is over there? Perhaps they should just ban them altogether in the Islamic world, and surely that would be the end of all of these shootings. No?

-----

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) -- At least 14 people were killed when gunmen stormed a hotel in Somalia's seaside capital and took an unknown number of hotel guests hostage, police and medical workers said Saturday, before security forces hunted down the attackers and ended an hours-long assault that began with an explosives-laden vehicle blowing up at the hotel gate.

Islamic extremist group al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the latest in a series of hotel attacks in Mogadishu.

"We have finally ended the siege. The last remaining militants were killed on the top floor," police Capt. Mohamed Hussein said after security forces pursued the gunmen who had retreated to upper floors of the Nasa-Hablod hotel, setting up sniper posts on the roof and throwing grenades. Police said at least four gunmen were involved in the attack.

"We have so far confirmed the deaths of 14 people. Some of them died in the hospitals," Hussein said. The deaths included women who were selling khat, a stimulant leaf popular with Somali men, outside the hotel, he said.

Hussein said security forces killed two of the attackers. Police and medical workers said another nine people were wounded in the assault.

Security forces rescued most of the hostages; it was not clear whether any were killed.

Police said the attack began when a suicide bomber detonated an explosives-laden vehicle at the hotel entrance, ripping off its gate. Gunmen fought their way inside, and a witness said they began shooting randomly at hotel guests.

Blood was splattered on the hotel floor. The bodies of two men, including one thought to be a hotel guard and an attacker dressed in a military uniform, lay on the first floor.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/huge-explosion-outside-hotel-somali-capital-police-135136060.html

That's another one of those places that just sucks. Ain't nothing worth fighting for there. A sandbox?

jimnyc
06-25-2016, 06:06 PM
That's another one of those places that just sucks. Ain't nothing worth fighting for there. A sandbox?

Can we use nukes there then? :)

Gunny
06-26-2016, 08:35 AM
Can we use nukes there then? :)

One track mind. :laugh: I hate to sound like Bones but "dammit Jim, we don't need to use nukes." We have the capability to wipe these places out without causing a nuclear winter. The place I WOULD use nukes on is Iran. I'd target everything they even think about building a nuclear facility on. They are going to be the biggest threat since Hitler.

But let's review history. The problem in Somalia are dumbass Islamic extremists. They've spread over Africa like the plague. Africa is one of the most beautiful places in the world. But no one had done anything but exploit the place. We don't get involved because there's no oil in it for us. So much for us caring about the downtrodden. It's a different world. But militant Islamic groups have been slowly taking over and they don't even make the news. They don't count.

So much for idealism.

namvet
06-26-2016, 08:50 AM
if they were ragheads who gives a flying fuck??

Gunny
06-26-2016, 09:01 AM
if they were ragheads who gives a flying fuck??

Because believe it or not, I'm almost sorta good at science. I could care less about blowing them up to get rid of them. Just not at OUR expense. Nuclear fallout and a nuclear winter will kill almost all of us. I prefer to limit the kill zone.

We have the capability to take these f*ckers out. We just don't have the political will. We have to get rid of the morons that run around protesting the fact the sun comes up before they want it to first. Like I have repeatedly said, I play to win. I want a winning gameplan that will be the best for all of us in the long run. Then go and carry it out.

If I could ship every lefty over there first, so much the better. They've done nothing but tear down this country. They might as well have rags on their heads too.

namvet
06-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Because believe it or not, I'm almost sorta good at science. I could care less about blowing them up to get rid of them. Just not at OUR expense. Nuclear fallout and a nuclear winter will kill almost all of us. I prefer to limit the kill zone.

We have the capability to take these f*ckers out. We just don't have the political will. We have to get rid of the morons that run around protesting the fact the sun comes up before they want it to first. Like I have repeatedly said, I play to win. I want a winning gameplan that will be the best for all of us in the long run. Then go and carry it out.

If I could ship every lefty over there first, so much the better. They've done nothing but tear down this country. They might as well have rags on their heads too.

that's why i now call em Islamic democrats