PDA

View Full Version : Drew Carey picked to come on down as new 'Price is Right' host

nevadamedic
07-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Story Highlights

Comedian Drew Carey to replace Bob Barker as host of "The Price is Right"
Barker, 83, retired last month after 35 years and 6,586 episodes
Carey also host of new CBS game show, "The Power of 10"
Opening attracted widespread interest, including from comic Rosie O'Donnell

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/23/price.carey.ap/index.html

Damn, that is just as bad as Rosie O'Donnell. I don't give this show more then another season.

waterrescuedude2000
07-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I think that he is a much better choice than Rosie. Come on Rosie is :lame2: has an annoying voice, and is an eyesore to look at. So yeah that was a good call!! :clap::clap:

82Marine89
07-23-2007, 11:31 PM
He is also a former Marine. :salute:

nevadamedic
07-23-2007, 11:45 PM
I think that he is a much better choice than Rosie. Come on Rosie is :lame2: has an annoying voice, and is an eyesore to look at. So yeah that was a good call!! :clap::clap:

I can think of many other people who would have been a lot better.

waterrescuedude2000
07-23-2007, 11:58 PM
I can think of many other people who would have been a lot better.

Adam Sandler would have been another good one.. But who are you thinking of????

07-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Drew is an awesome guy and i hope he does a smashing job.

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Adam Sandler would have been another good one.. But who are you thinking of????

They wouldn't be able to afford him.

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Drew is an awesome guy and i hope he does a smashing job.

He is but I just don't think he is right for this part.

Black Lance
07-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Drew Carey? Talk about "coming on down..."

Jim Carrey might have been out of their price range, but he would have been a much better choice. He'd probably be really funny in that role, and his fight with Bob Barker in "Happy Gilmore" would open up limitless possibilities for jokes and initial media comments.

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 11:33 PM

Jim Carrey might have been out of their price range, but he would have been a much better choice. He'd probably be really funny in that role, and his fight with Bob Barker in "Happy Gilmore" would open up limitless possibilities for jokes and initial media comments.

Adam Sandler was the one who fought Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore. I was thinking Ashton Kutcher or the guy who played Eric on That 70's Show. Maybe Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson or Vince Vaughn?

Black Lance
07-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Adam Sandler was the one who fought Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore.

Agh, you're right. And Sandler would be a good choice, although I still think that Jim Carrey would be funny.

I was thinking Ashton Kutcher or the guy who played Eric on That 70's Show. Maybe Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson or Vince Vaughn?

Why Owen Wilson? TV game show hosts usually can't be the shy type whose main appeal is to adolescent high school girls.

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Agh, you're right. And Sandler would be a good choice, although I still think that Jim Carrey would be funny.

Why Owen Wilson? TV game show hosts usually can't be the shy type whose main appeal is to adolescent high school girls.

Jim Carrey would be awesome but they couldn't afford him.

I didn't get the impression that Owen Wilson was the shy type..... Theres always his brother Luke or Vince Vaughn. I think Vince would be really great.

Black Lance
07-24-2007, 11:48 PM
How about John Englund? Come on, admit it, Freddy Kreuger would be great as the Price is Right host.

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 11:55 PM
How about John Englund? Come on, admit it, Freddy Kreuger would be great as the Price is Right host.

Robert Enguland? I know my movies and actors as I have over 4500 dvd's and about 1000 VHS tapes. That would be funny the Freddy costume. :laugh2:

Black Lance
07-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Robert Enguland? I know my movies and actors as I have over 4500 dvd's and about 1000 VHS tapes. That would be funny the Freddy costume. :laugh2:

Yes, Rober Enguland. I don't know how I keep getting these actor names wrong tonight.

I like the idea of Freddy Kreuger as Price is Right host more and more as I think about it. Just imagine Freddy Kreuger, standing on the Price is Right stage, "...alright, the next one of 'my children' is John Doe of Seattle, Washinton. Come on down, John, you're the next contestant on the Price is Right!"

*evil laughter as Enguland uses knife gloves to gesture for John Doe to come forward*

nevadamedic
07-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Yes, Rober Enguland. I don't know how I keep getting these actor names wrong tonight.

I like the idea of Freddy Kreuger as Price is Right host more and more as I think about it. Just imagine Freddy Kreuger, standing on the Price is Right stage, "...alright, the next one of 'my children' is John Doe of Seattle, Washinton. Come on down, John, you're the next contestant on the Price is Right!"

*evil laughter as Enguland uses knife gloves to gesture for John Doe to come forward*

I think you keep getting things mixed up because it's late.

Black Lance
07-25-2007, 01:27 AM
I think you keep getting things mixed up because it's late.

Probably. But I had a shitty time at Tae Kwan Do today, so I need to blow off some steam tonight without kicking or punching anything. Therefore, the computer.

Here's a tip for the forum bachelors: before planning to ask a girl out, or getting your hopes up in anticipation of a good date, first verify that your prospective female doesn't go to college in Texas, particularly if you happen to be a resident of Michigan.

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Katie Couric would be a good choice; she needs a job she can actually handle.

waterrescuedude2000
07-25-2007, 11:45 PM

I don't really like her attitude much..

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 12:08 AM

Yikes! :slap:

dan
07-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Drew Carey's as good a choice as any. Obviously, nobody can see the show without Bob Barker, which is understandable, but Drew is funny in a daytime TV kinda way, and he's sort of hosted a show before (Who's Line is it Anyway?).

So, what're they gonna call the girls? Barker's Beauties.... Carey's Queens?

jimnyc
07-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Damn, that is just as bad as Rosie O'Donnell. I don't give this show more then another season.

I disagree, I love Drew Carey! I hated him when his show first came out. I just thought he was a geeky fat dude on a lame show. I ended up watching and episode here and there and got hooked. I think he is naturally hilarious!

Then again, they could have propped up a piece of shit on a stool and it would have been better than Rosie!

Abbey Marie
07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Yikes! :slap:

It was a joke. She's not my cup of tea, either.

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Probably. But I had a shitty time at Tae Kwan Do today, so I need to blow off some steam tonight without kicking or punching anything. Therefore, the computer.

Here's a tip for the forum bachelors: before planning to ask a girl out, or getting your hopes up in anticipation of a good date, first verify that your prospective female doesn't go to college in Texas, particularly if you happen to be a resident of Michigan.

What rank are you? Which School? I was ready to test for my Blue Belt right before I got my back injury.

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 11:37 AM
It was a joke. She's not my cup of tea, either.

Maybe Johnny Depp or Gary Oldman? I actually have more respect for his as an actor after seing him play Sirius Black in the Harry Potter movies. I woulld love to see Johnny Depp in the 6th or 7th movie.

Abbey Marie
07-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Maybe Johnny Depp or Gary Oldman? I actually have more respect for his as an actor after seing him play Sirius Black in the Harry Potter movies. I woulld love to see Johnny Depp in the 6th or 7th movie.

I'm glad you like Gary. Have you seen him play Dracula? Very creepy, in a good way. But that's a discussion for the lower part of the board.

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm glad you like Gary. Have you seen him play Dracula? Very creepy, in a good way. But that's a discussion for the lower part of the board.

Yup, that role made me question his sexuality............ That is definatly one of the greatest movies ever. He was also good in Batman Begins.

waterrescuedude2000
07-27-2007, 02:31 AM

Yes it would have been priceless