PDA

View Full Version : Orlando was about guns? Then Boston was pressure cookers

jimnyc
06-25-2016, 04:35 PM
A damn good point, of course. And one that will be ignored by the democrats, of course. Common sense seems to elude too many of them over there.

-----

Rep. Gohmert: If Orlando Was About Guns, Then 'Boston Was About a Pressure Cooker'

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) called it "outrageous" that House Democrats would grab microphones and prevent fellow lawmakers from conducting business in violation of House rules, all to make a point about gun control, which is really beside the point, he said:

"And when people go on for 12 hours, saying things, 'It's about guns,' then that means Boston was about a pressure cooker. It wasn't. Both of them were about radical Islam," Gohmert told Fox News's Charles Payne.

"And the reason people died unnecessarily is because this FBI, this Justice Department, this Homeland Security has purged their training materials, so FBI agents don't know what questions to ask to find out if Mateen [Orlando attacker] or Tsarnaev [Boston attacker] had been radicalized.

"In fact, Charles, it's even worse," Gohmert continued. "There was an article that came out that indicated that CAIR, Council on American-Islamic Relations, identified as a co-conspirator in supporting terrorism in the Holy Land Foundation, that their lawyer sat in while the FBI interviewed a person of interest in that mosque.

"That would be like the mob having their lawyer sit in while the FBI was interrogating, questioning somebody that might be a whistle-blower in the mob. You don't let that happen. So the FBI, the Justice Department is in major problems. They can't protect us because they don't know what to look for."

Gohmert called it "one of the great ironies" that civil rights activist John Lewis (D-Ga.), "a true legend" is now "using 'We Shall Overcome' and all this other stuff to try to take away a Second Amendment, a civil right under our Constitution. It just doesn't fit," he added.

Gohmert also said he objected to Republicans who wanted to ignore the Democrats' disruptive behavior:

"There have been a couple of canings over the history of the Congress. There have been shouting matches, but to have one party take over and deprive another party under the rules of their rights to speak on the House floor, their rights to go forward, grabbing microphones and preventing the other side from having those microphones when we tried to go into session, it was really outrageous. And some of our folks were saying...look, let's just ignore them.

"No. We're in the right here."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/rep-gohmert-if-orlando-was-about-guns-then-boston-was-about-pressure-cooker

stephanie
06-25-2016, 05:59 PM
And the First World trade center bombing and Oklahoma Federal building bombing under the Billy Clinton was about diesel fuel and fertilizer. Liberalism is a mental disorder for sure.

What's more scary is how many people are devoted to such a shallow and nasty party of bullies and thugs that never think for themselves. they just baaaa

Elessar
06-25-2016, 06:04 PM
Where is the sit-in to ban pressure-cookers then?

Where is the sit-it to ban fuel oil and fertilizer?

Gonna play BAN game...then sit-in to ban them all.

By the way...there are no existing laws prohibiting purchase of those three items.

Gunny
06-26-2016, 08:51 AM

By the way...there are no existing laws prohibiting purchase of those three items.

Yet.

darin
06-27-2016, 01:05 AM
Am pretty sure in Canada one must be 18 to buy a kitchen knife. Maybe that's Britain?

Gunny
06-27-2016, 08:35 AM
Am pretty sure in Canada one must be 18 to buy a kitchen knife. Maybe that's Britain?

Never heard that one before.

People that use kitchen knives as weapons are just dumb anyway unless last resort self defense. As an offensive weapon they suck. There's no tang. The second blood gets on the blade and handle, your as like to cut yourself from your hand slipping. Good way to leave your DNA as a calling card for the cops.

revelarts
06-27-2016, 08:48 AM

Yet.
exactly

But There were more than a few reports of people calling 911 after they saw "muslims" with pressure cookers. and jittery passengers and flight attendants when "muslims" got onto planes.
I hear this one guy wants to BAN muslims not just from planes or buying pressure cookers but from the country.
Not so many people questioning young white guys buying fertilizers though.

But Yep I agree banning whole groups of generic items or large groups of people is stupid.

Gunny
06-27-2016, 09:07 AM
exactly

But There were more than a few reports of people calling 911 after they saw "muslims" with pressure cookers. and jittery passengers and flight attendants when "muslims" got onto planes.
I hear this one guy wants to BAN muslims not just from planes or buying pressure cookers but from the country.
Not so many people questioning young white guys buying fertilizers though.

But Yep I agree banning whole groups of generic items or large groups of people is stupid.

I don't care if you're a white boy terrorist or a Muslim. What I don't like is the outrage and over dramatization of each and every event. This is a cake and eat it too moment. The price of a so-called free society is you are vulnerable. Terrorists exploit weakness. They're not trying to have a fair fight.

It annoys the crap out of me I can't even go get sinus meds without standing line and producing my ID just because of meth-heads. And I REALLY hate the TSA. But we get scared and make stupid rules for all based on the acts of the few.

Elessar
06-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Never heard that one before.

People that use kitchen knives as weapons are just dumb anyway unless last resort self defense. As an offensive weapon they suck. There's no tang. The second blood gets on the blade and handle, your as like to cut yourself from your hand slipping. Good way to leave your DNA as a calling card for the cops.

My ex MIL tried to attack me with two steak knives once. She found out really quick she could be made
to fly through a door.:laugh: