PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore prosecutor rushes to prosecute...

jimnyc
06-25-2016, 07:29 PM
My belief is that a lot of this was dictated by anger and riots. She made rash decisions with not much evidence to back it up, similar to the protesters and rioters. And now, thus far there have been 3 trials and 3 not guilty verdicts, and Mosby is looking dumb and dumber. And then of course these verdicts will likely play a part in the upcoming trials.

-----

Freddie Gray verdict: Baltimore officer who drove van not guilty on all charges

(CNN)Baltimore police officer Caesar Goodson, who drove the van in which Freddie Gray was fatally injured, was found not guilty Thursday on all charges, including the most serious count of second-degree depraved-heart murder.
Wearing a dark suit and blue shirt, Goodson stood motionless as the verdict was read.

The officer's daughter wept as the judge enumerated the reasons for the acquittal, count by count, over 40 minutes. Then Goodson embraced members of his family and legal team.

Gray, who was 25, suffered a devastating spinal injury and died in April 2015, about a week after he was arrested and placed into a prisoner van.

Though Gray's death became a symbol of the black community's distrust of police and triggered days of violent protests, the state has failed to secure a single conviction following three high-profile trials.

Three of the officers charged are white, three are black.

The prosecution painted Goodson as one of the worst protagonists in Gray's death.

But Judge Barry Williams disagreed, saying the state "failed to meet its burden to show that the actions of the defendant rose above mere civil negligence."
Goodson also faced charges of second-degree assault, misconduct in office, involuntary manslaughter, manslaughter by vehicles (gross negligence), manslaughter by vehicle (criminal negligence) and reckless endangerment.

Four other officers await trial, but legal experts are now questioning whether those cases will hold up.

"It does not bode well for prosecution," CNN legal analyst Danny Cevallos said.

The verdict "sends a message to the public and to the courts and the prosecution that if you can't convict beyond a reasonable doubt as to a high charge like murder, what does it say about lesser crimes?"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/us/baltimore-goodson-verdict-freddie-gray/

Elessar
06-25-2016, 08:04 PM
That prosecutor needs to be removed, disbarred and sent to Walmart to scrub restrooms.

I've never seen such an immediate rush to prosecute anyone in a high visibility case such as this,

hjmick
06-25-2016, 09:50 PM
She made decisions based on public and media opinions, the rioting, and political aspirations. Then she overcharged all of the defendants, and charged some who shouldn't have been.

She should lose her job and her license.

stephanie
06-26-2016, 09:20 AM
She shows what a Racist she is. and how much she hates white people. And now she needs to be kicked out of office. but she is black, so we know that won't happen no matter how criminal, racist or incompetent they are. Just like that Obama. How lovely we are stuck with these race baiting racist losers like them.

hjmick
06-26-2016, 10:05 AM
She shows what a Racist she is. and how much she hates white people. And now she needs to be kicked out of office. but she is black, so we know that won't happen no matter how criminal, racist or incompetent they are. Just like that Obama. How lovely we are stuck with these race baiting racist losers like them.

That would be all fine and good if 50% of the officers charged weren't black. It's not white people she dislikes, it's cops.

jimnyc
06-26-2016, 11:21 AM
I think it was a little of all of the above. Responding incorrectly to riots and protests. Racism played a part, even if not her directly. Even during the riots and protests there was a lot about "black/white" stuff, and I don't think this case had anything to do with race whatsoever - but as usual, it was brought into the case. That's why they were so worried about potential riots after verdicts as well. And definitely, if not the most, was the anti cop sentiment, of which she lead the charge, after rioters told her what they wanted. Just a big mess all the way around. And it's good that the officers aren't going to jail as a result, I'm sure their lives were affected hugely by this, when that didn't need to be the case.

Russ
06-26-2016, 06:55 PM
I think she just wanted to move up the political food chain, and didn't care how many innocent cops she had to put in jail in order to do it. There's a special place in hell for people how act the way she's acted.

Black Diamond
06-26-2016, 08:27 PM
I think she just wanted to move up the political food chain, and didn't care how many innocent cops she had to put in jail in order to do it. There's a special place in hell for people how act the way she's acted.
Don't forget her future book deals.

darin
06-27-2016, 01:06 AM
Anyone anyone in law enforcement says to rioters and looters "We have heard your voice" you know, you just KNOW she's a fucking piece of shit at her job. And probably mentally ill.

Gunny
06-27-2016, 08:30 AM
I can tell you from living in Maryland and Northern VA they have a WHOLE different breed of blacks up. THEY are the racists. They're educated compared to Southern blacks, who they are ALSO racist toward. They call Southern blacks "Bamas". They think they are better than everyone else.

Ol' Marilyn here is just typical of them.