PDA

View Full Version : England is an embarrassment

gabosaurus
06-27-2016, 04:03 PM
First, the English voters vote to leave the European Union. Which some believe to be foolish and shortsighted.
This is small stuff on the world stage compared to today's black eye.

The mighty English national soccer/football team, the focal point of the richest and most prestigious sports league in the world, home of the highest paid athletes in the sport, has fallen on its face in the European championships. With a loss to ... ICELAND.
Yes, Iceland, the nation with 330,000 people.

Sucks to be English at this moment. :cool:

Gunny
06-27-2016, 04:07 PM
First, the English voters vote to leave the European Union. Which some believe to be foolish and shortsighted.

The mighty English national soccer/football team, the focal point of the richest and most prestigious sports league in the world, home of the highest paid athletes in the sport, has fallen on its face in the European championships. With a loss to ... ICELAND.

Sucks to be gabby at this moment. You're 0 for how many?

Elessar
06-27-2016, 04:09 PM

:lame2:

I really cannot figure out the connection between the two examples. USA with 320 million people gets beat all the time
in world competition. When was the last time USA soccer/football won a world title? Leave it to a leftie to bring politics
into a sporting event.

Gunny
06-27-2016, 04:49 PM
:lame2:

I really cannot figure out the connection between the two examples. USA with 320 million people gets beat all the time
in world competition. When was the last time USA soccer/football won a world title? Leave it to a leftie to bring politics
into a sporting event.

Soccer could fall off the world and I wouldn't care. I get tired of turning to every sports channel and I get poker, bowling, soccer, and golf. I'd as soon pull my nails out with my Leatherman as watch any of them. Play some real damned sports. At least I get Olympics qualifications this summer.

How soccer connects to politics beats me. Just another pointless, irrational cheapshot. It's the only sport the left can play.

Noir
06-27-2016, 04:54 PM
We laughed long and hard (:

jimnyc
06-27-2016, 05:22 PM
Iran should be awesome then too, and Russia should be champs yearly.

And though they lost as well, I would still take Argentina over England in a heartbeat.

Noir
06-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Iran should be awesome then too, and Russia should be champs yearly.

And though they lost as well, I would still take Argentina over England in a heartbeat.

You don't have to listen to the nonsense coming out of the English team about how amazing they are all the time. They've actually been complaining that there poor performances where becuase the teams they were playing against weren't very good xD always happy to see them lose.

Drummond
06-27-2016, 05:41 PM

Iceland tend to do better in the Eurovision Song Contest, as well. So what ??

I'm struggling to see the smallest connection between your examples ... or any reason to care about your view. Besides, I disagree - I am PROUD of my country, currently !!

So very 'sorry' if you disapprove, Gabby ... but then, of course, you are a Leftie ......

gabosaurus
06-27-2016, 06:22 PM
It's a joke thread, people. :rolleyes: That is why I put it in the lounge. :rolleyes:

I got the idea from a text message I got after the game from my best friend's husband in England. It said (all caps) "WE ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE WORLD" followed by about a dozen frowny faces.
At least Noir figured it out. :cool:

Coming up next: Entire Labour shadow cabinet deported to Iceland.

jimnyc
06-27-2016, 06:36 PM
It's a joke thread, people. :rolleyes: That is why I put it in the lounge. :rolleyes:

And yet we have a specific area for "jokes", so maybe some didn't fully see it as such. Imagine that.

Oh, and this is 'kinda' like the boy who cried.... in the fact that some simply see "troll" in things you post. Blame yourself for that one.

aboutime
06-27-2016, 07:09 PM

NOT A JOKE for gabby. But, we all know. It always SUCKS to be you. The entire English speaking world knows YOU, and others JUST LIKE YOU. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Elessar
06-27-2016, 07:58 PM

I got the idea from a text message I got after the game from my best friend's husband in England. It said (all caps) "WE ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE WORLD" followed by about a dozen frowny faces.
At least Noir figured it out. :cool:

Coming up next: Entire Labour shadow cabinet deported to Iceland.

Maybe identify it as such from the get-go? It's hard to tell when you inject
politics into almost everything you post.

Black Diamond
06-27-2016, 08:03 PM
I don't know. I have German friends who are taunting the Hell out of England right now. They are calling it "Doppel Brexit".

gabosaurus
06-27-2016, 09:52 PM
The meme and gif attack has begun. :laugh:

https://twitter.com/AwardsDarwin/status/747530411769798656

Drummond
06-28-2016, 06:22 AM
I don't know. I have German friends who are taunting the Hell out of England right now. They are calling it "Doppel Brexit".

Same point as I made to Gabby - should we care ?

Noir
06-28-2016, 06:51 AM
And yet we have a specific area for "jokes", so maybe some didn't fully see it as such. Imagine that.

Oh, and this is 'kinda' like the boy who cried.... in the fact that some simply see "troll" in things you post. Blame yourself for that one.

Lounge (http://www.debatepolicy.com/forumdisplay.php?14-Lounge)
General fun chat

Gunny
06-28-2016, 08:12 AM
The meme and gif attack has begun. :laugh:

https://twitter.com/AwardsDarwin/status/747530411769798656

Can't address the topic, huh? Always a deflection to nothing with lefties.

aboutime
06-28-2016, 12:53 PM
This totally sounds like ONLY gabby is the one embarrassed for England. Liberal thinking (American style) always looks to make anything that looks bright....dull, and dangerous...FOR LIBERALS.