PDA

View Full Version : Shining example of incompetence - Benghazi Report Dissent

darin
06-29-2016, 03:55 AM
Look at this quote from the Democrat report

[T]he President made clear that we ought to use all of the resources at our disposal to try to make sure we did everything possible to try to save lives there,” Panetta said.

POTUS said: "we ought to" use the resources to "try" to "make sure" we did everything possible to "try" to save lives. THAT is not the statement of a LEADER.

A LEADER Says: "GO and SAVE THEIR LIVES and DO NOT FAIL! Do what it takes."

God this country has such little hope with the millions of voters, illegal and otherwise, who vote for weak, spineless, liars.

CSM
06-29-2016, 05:39 AM
Look at this quote from the Democrat report

POTUS said: "we ought to" use the resources to "try" to "make sure" we did everything possible to "try" to save lives. THAT is not the statement of a LEADER.

A LEADER Says: "GO and SAVE THEIR LIVES and DO NOT FAIL! Do what it takes."

God this country has such little hope with the millions of voters, illegal and otherwise, who vote for weak, spineless, liars.

One of the things I learned in my military career was that clear, concise orders were very effective at getting things done. It amazes me that the POTUS can write executive order after executive order and yet cannot give a simple command as CinC ....

Gunny
06-29-2016, 06:45 AM
One of the things I learned in my military career was that clear, concise orders were very effective at getting things done. It amazes me that the POTUS can write executive order after executive order and yet cannot give a simple command as CinC ....

I know I don't have to ask this, but who would not have disobeyed the order to stand down? I'd have been trying to figure out how much ammo I could hump and making sure my canteens were full.

CSM
06-29-2016, 07:08 AM
I know I don't have to ask this, but who would not have disobeyed the order to stand down? I'd have been trying to figure out how much ammo I could hump and making sure my canteens were full.

yep.... they can spin the "reports" all they want to, the fact is this administration (all up and down that food chain) left Americans to die without lifting a finger to help them. Arguing over whether or not the Marines should be allowed to wear uniforms?? Are you shitting me?? I wouldn't care if I was wearing nothing but a bath towel and flip-flops....I would have gone regardless. Where the hell was the military chain of command??? I suspect that with the purge this CinC (I use that term very loosely in this case) has been carrying out has left us with a bunch of spineless, idiotic yes men throughout the chain of command. You won't see any chopper pilot jumping in a Huey despite orders to the contrary to go Medevac the wounded or provide close air support.... that type of heroics (and I do mean heroic!) ended with the whirling dirt bags we have in charge of the military these days.

Can you tell I am a bit irate over this Benghazi crap?

Gunny
06-29-2016, 07:25 AM
yep.... they can spin the "reports" all they want to, the fact is this administration (all up and down that food chain) left Americans to die without lifting a finger to help them. Arguing over whether or not the Marines should be allowed to wear uniforms?? Are you shitting me?? I wouldn't care if I was wearing nothing but a bath towel and flip-flops....I would have gone regardless. Where the hell was the military chain of command??? I suspect that with the purge this CinC (I use that term very loosely in this case) has been carrying out has left us with a bunch of spineless, idiotic yes men throughout the chain of command. You won't see any chopper pilot jumping in a Huey despite orders to the contrary to go Medevac the wounded or provide close air support.... that type of heroics (and I do mean heroic!) ended with the whirling dirt bags we have in charge of the military these days.

Can you tell I am a bit irate over this Benghazi crap?

I'd have ditched the flip flops. Remember I'm Southern. I've run barefoot all my life. :laugh:

I'm as irate as you, Sergeant Major. The fact is, when you get involved with the CIA, you sell your soul to the devil. Once was enough. This was absolute BS and could have been avoided. Those idiot CIA turds don't care about anyone but saving their own asses.

The gross negligence on Clinton's part from a military POV makes her unfit for command. Yet these lefties want to make her CinC?

Gunny
06-29-2016, 10:53 AM
I can't believe this boils down to what the Marines were wearing. Are you f-ing kidding me? I wouldn't strike my colors. I'm a US Marine. I WANT you to know who is coming through the door. Right over the left breast pocket. Terror is NOT a one way street. I don't give a rickety rat's ass who I offend. And If I scare the sh*t out of you, so much the better.

At least I'm not killing noncombatants.

Elessar
06-29-2016, 12:06 PM
snipped for brevity...

The gross negligence on Clinton's part from a military POV makes her unfit for command. Yet these lefties want to make her CinC?

In my opinion, this is among the top 3 Up-Fucks of Obama's and Hillary's tenure while in position of authority...
If not the worst of them.

And no effort has been made to Un-Fuck it ,either.

Elessar
06-29-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm going to pile on with these links from Fox:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/06/28/video-gowdy-lays-out-details-house-benghazi-report

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/06/28/judge-napolitano-what-benghazi-report-reveals-about-hillary-clinton

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/06/28/gowdy-what-hell-was-going-benghazi

Gunny
06-29-2016, 01:23 PM
I'm just using my jarhead mind set. Sergeant Major, we're going in. I can hear the response from here. "I didn't hear a thing, Gunny. What do you need?" Ain't no way I'm standing down. Not in this life. And I damned sure ain't taking orders from no spook.

If you ain't volunteering, give up your ammo and chow. Those of us on line, rolling gear only. Chow's for the civ's. And you WILL be appropriately attired in uniform. I don't care who we piss off. I'll take the heat.

F*ck these politicians. I'm not going to let someone die over their BS.

jimnyc
06-29-2016, 01:38 PM
IMO, those that conspired to lie to the public about what truly happened should see prison. And what a coincidence that Hillary would again lead the charge.

CSM
06-29-2016, 06:16 PM
I'm just using my jarhead mind set. Sergeant Major, we're going in. I can hear the response from here. "I didn't hear a thing, Gunny. What do you need?" Ain't no way I'm standing down. Not in this life. And I damned sure ain't taking orders from no spook.

If you ain't volunteering, give up your ammo and chow. Those of us on line, rolling gear only. Chow's for the civ's. And you WILL be appropriately attired in uniform. I don't care who we piss off. I'll take the heat.

F*ck these politicians. I'm not going to let someone die over their BS.

My response to the Gunny would be: "Yes we are going in. No shit heads .... hard asses only! Extra ammo and med kits...plenty of frags too."

you don't really believe you are gonna leave the CSM in the rear in a situation like that, do you???

Gunny
06-29-2016, 07:05 PM
My response to the Gunny would be: "Yes we are going in. No shit heads .... hard asses only! Extra ammo and med kits...plenty of frags too."

you don't really believe you are gonna leave the CSM in the rear in a situation like that, do you???

I honestly wasn't ready for THAT response. I never had a Sergeant Major in the field with me. I guess my response would be "one of you numbnuts get the Sergeant Major some gear and a weapon. What's the plan Sergeant Major?"

Crap, I couldn't even ever find my damned Captain. I was always on my own.

Something you have to understand is Army and Marine Corps Sergeant Majors are two totally different animals. I learned that on joint duty. Army SgtMaj's are more hands on. Marine SgtMaj's and 1stShirts are politicians. I'd never expect one to pick up a weapon.

aboutime
06-29-2016, 07:10 PM
Obama's efforts to destroy real leadership in the Pentagon, where Senior Ass Kissers fear going against the UNQUALIFIED Politicians, putting their career's ahead of COUNTRY...explains why more than 500 Officers have been FIRED since Obama pretended to become CIC.

Elessar
06-29-2016, 07:16 PM

Incidents like this make me wonder why the CIC was not wise enough to listen to the JCS, CIA, and FBI.

Ego? Power hungry? Denial? Or just simple pig-headed dismissal of on-going facts, one of which is that
he was never suited to be CIC to begin with.

Gunny
06-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Incidents like this make me wonder why the CIC was not wise enough to listen to the JCS, CIA, and FBI.

Ego? Power hungry? Denial? Or just simple pig-headed dismissal of on-going facts, one of which is that
he was never suited to be CIC to begin with.

I'm going with that one.

CSM
06-29-2016, 07:32 PM
I honestly wasn't ready for THAT response. I never had a Sergeant Major in the field with me. I guess my response would be "one of you numbnuts get the Sergeant Major some gear and a weapon. What's the plan Sergeant Major?"

Crap, I couldn't even ever find my damned Captain. I was always on my own.

Something you have to understand is Army and Marine Corps Sergeant Majors are two totally different animals. I learned that on joint duty. Army SgtMaj's are more hands on. Marine SgtMaj's and 1stShirts are politicians. I'd never expect one to pick up a weapon.

I don't now much about Marine Corps CSMs or 1st Sergeants but I always had my own gear and weapons. I took care of my own stuff except for the radio in my vehicle.... my radio operator took care of that and the RO and I both performed the maintenance on the HMMWV. I did the PT test with every assigned unit plus regular PT with the Brigade HQ element. I went to every range qual for every type of weapon with every unit too. I didn't do all that to show off or to make other soldiers look bad. I did all that stuff so every enlisted soldier KNEW his top enlisted guy was more than just a pretty face and that I would ALWAYS do whatever they did .... and be damn good at it too. On top of that, I would work the Brigade TOC helping the S3 plan and execute operations. I liked to stay busy!

Gunny
06-29-2016, 08:28 PM
I don't now much about Marine Corps CSMs or 1st Sergeants but I always had my own gear and weapons. I took care of my own stuff except for the radio in my vehicle.... my radio operator took care of that and the RO and I both performed the maintenance on the HMMWV. I did the PT test with every assigned unit plus regular PT with the Brigade HQ element. I went to every range qual for every type of weapon with every unit too. I didn't do all that to show off or to make other soldiers look bad. I did all that stuff so every enlisted soldier KNEW his top enlisted guy was more than just a pretty face and that I would ALWAYS do whatever they did .... and be damn good at it too. On top of that, I would work the Brigade TOC helping the S3 plan and execute operations. I liked to stay busy!

Oh. and my grandfather is an Army CSM. Somebody dig him up and tell him he can't assault Omaha Beach. I'll watch. His dead body will kick your ass. That dude was so tough he scared the crap out of all of us.

But I wouldn't actually know how to handle a Sergeant Major in the field. That's a new one. Everyone's equal in a firefight.

CSM
06-29-2016, 09:23 PM
Oh. and my grandfather is an Army CSM. Somebody dig him up and tell him he can't assault Omaha Beach. I'll watch. His dead body will kick your ass. That dude was so tough he scared the crap out of all of us.

But I wouldn't actually know how to handle a Sergeant Major in the field. That's a new one. Everyone's equal in a firefight.

You are exactly right...everyone is equal in a firefight! If it's your unit, you run it...the CSM is just along for the ride and to bring "command emphasis" in when needed to support you. I would never think of interfering with the chain of command (the one actually on the ground that is) during an operation. I might speak a bit "firmly" with the pukes in the rear if the operation needed some support that wasn't forthcoming fast enough but that's about it.

Gunny
06-29-2016, 10:16 PM
You are exactly right...everyone is equal in a firefight! If it's your unit, you run it...the CSM is just along for the ride and to bring "command emphasis" in when needed to support you. I would never think of interfering with the chain of command (the one actually on the ground that is) during an operation. I might speak a bit "firmly" with the pukes in the rear if the operation needed some support that wasn't forthcoming fast enough but that's about it.

You know the drill, Sergeant Major. The command is yours. The op is mine. If I break ranks and ask for volunteers, we're all equal. I would not stand down. We're going in. And I'm a total cold blooded ass in combat. Anyone waiting on an apology can get in line.