PDA

View Full Version : Majority of Democrats want third term for Obama

jimnyc
06-30-2016, 12:34 PM
Sure, just cancel the election! What a bunch of shitheads.

-----

A strong majority of Democrats would cancel the 2016 presidential election between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump if it meant President Obama could serve another term, a new poll found.

Data provided to The Hill by the conservative polling outlet WPA Research found that 67 percent of Democrats would take a third term for Obama over a potential Clinton administration.

Only 28 percent said they’re ready to move on from the Obama White House, while 6 percent are undecided.

Obama is enjoying a surprisingly strong approval rating for a president serving out the final months of his second term.

A Washington Post-ABC News survey released this week found Obama’s net approval rating approaching 80 points in positive territory among Democrats. Former President Bill Clinton was at about 60 points positive within his own party at this point in 2000, while former President George W. Bush was under 40 with Republicans.

At the same time, a Gallup survey from April found Clinton’s net approval rating among Democrats hitting a new low. She had a 63-point net positive approval rating last November. That plummeted to only 36 points in April.

“The results should give pause to the Hillary Clinton campaign as Democratic respondents clearly prefer the status quo to a Clinton presidency,” a memo from WPA said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/286105-majority-of-democrats-want-third-term-for-obama

Noir
06-30-2016, 01:36 PM
The 'cancel the election garbage is a bit much (was that part of the question posed?) but I'm not surprised that the majority would rather a Obama 3rd term over a Hillary 1st term.

Elessar
06-30-2016, 01:53 PM
Sure, just cancel the election! What a bunch of shitheads.
-----
A strong majority of Democrats would cancel the 2016 presidential election between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump if it meant President Obama could serve another term, a new poll found.

You cannot just 'cancel the election' here, Noir. Not even Martial Law would allow that. Franklin Roosevelt
rode out 3 full terms and started a 4th when he died. None of those 4 elections were cancelled.

Just another indication the liberal Democrats want to subvert The Constitution and Federal Law.

Obama's approval ratings are flawed. Only liberals would set it that high in a poll.

Gunny
06-30-2016, 06:30 PM
He didn't deserve 1 term, much less a 3rd term. He's a waste of oxygen that obviously doesn't travel to his brain.

Trigg
07-01-2016, 08:34 AM
This should worry Hillary lol

fj1200
07-01-2016, 09:04 AM
We should have cancelled the '88 election and kept Ronald.

Abbey Marie
07-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Why do they care about exchanging one pandering liar for another?

Bilgerat
07-01-2016, 12:32 PM
The 'cancel the election garbage is a bit much (was that part of the question posed?) but I'm not surprised that the majority would rather a Obama 3rd term over a Hillary 1st term.

A Hildabeast 1st term will be an Obama 3rd term

Elessar
07-01-2016, 01:02 PM
A Hildabeast 1st term will be an Obama 3rd term

Yep! And I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that she would try to appoint him to the SC or
some high cabinet position.

Bilgerat
07-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Yep! And I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that she would try to appoint him to the SC or
some high cabinet position.

:pee:Well he IS a "Constitutional Scholar" :pee:

Elessar
07-01-2016, 02:50 PM
:pee:Well he IS a "Constitutional Scholar" :pee:

Right. Just like I am a Tibetan aviator!:laugh2:

gabosaurus
07-01-2016, 04:19 PM
I don't believe these numbers for a minute. Especially since they were allegedly gathered by "the conservative polling outlet WPA Research."
But I can see a bit of truth in them. Imagine asking anyone "would you rather keep Obama or vote for either Trump or Hillary Clinton?" :terror:

I want to place this in the same category as the early 2008 conspiracy theory that GW Bush was going to declare martial law rather than leave office the following January.

jimnyc
07-01-2016, 04:29 PM
I don't believe these numbers for a minute. Especially since they were allegedly gathered by "the conservative polling outlet WPA Research."
But I can see a bit of truth in them. Imagine asking anyone "would you rather keep Obama or vote for either Trump or Hillary Clinton?" :terror:

I want to place this in the same category as the early 2008 conspiracy theory that GW Bush was going to declare martial law rather than leave office the following January.

You've never even heard of the research company before reading it just now, guaranteed - just another way to ignore the results is all.

Obama's approval rating is very high if you read the article. No doubt at all that it's just BS for the election season, and of course the various liberal agencies out there simply help them make this stuff up.

gabosaurus
07-01-2016, 06:29 PM
I am familiar with all the poll companies. I trust none of them. Since polls are not very reliable. And results can be easily manipulated, starting with the test audience. Look at the Brexit polls. There was such a tight control group that they overlooked a broad portion of the country.
And, of course, liberals manipulate everything. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
07-01-2016, 06:34 PM
And, of course, liberals manipulate everything. :rolleyes:

They TRY to, anyway. If the first survey is perhaps somehow wrong, because they were "allegedly gathered" by some conservative group - then OBVIOUSLY the questions/answers about Obama and his approval rating HAVE GOT to be false, manipulated and steered to give what some want to hear. Why anyone would even remotely believe, for a single second, that his ratings could ever get that high, is insane.

gabosaurus
07-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Why anyone would even remotely believe, for a single second, that his ratings could ever get that high, is insane.

That is a good question. I just looked it up and the numbers startled me. I had no idea that the numbers were that high. I can't see how this many different services can produce around the same result.

Gallup Poll [a]
<tbody>

June 11-13, 2016
50%

Rasmussen Reports [b]
April 26–29, 2016
50%

FOX News [c]
April 11–13, 2016
49%

NBC/The Wall Street Journal [d]
April 10–14, 2016
49%

</tbody>

gabosaurus
07-01-2016, 06:45 PM
On the other hand, both Clinton and Trump have quite dismal approval ratings compared with previous candidates from their respective parties. Worst in decades, as a matter of fact.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/06/03/us/elections/trump-and-clinton-favorability.html?_r=0

jimnyc
07-01-2016, 06:49 PM
That is a good question. I just looked it up and the numbers startled me. I had no idea that the numbers were that high. I can't see how this many different services can produce around the same result.

Gallup Poll [a]
<tbody>

June 11-13, 2016
50%

Rasmussen Reports [b]
April 26–29, 2016
50%

FOX News [c]
April 11–13, 2016
49%

NBC/The Wall Street Journal [d]
April 10–14, 2016
49%

</tbody>

And how do you know which polls to believe and which not to believe? Surely we need to dismiss the Fox poll - and I believe you stated that Rasmussen was leaning right as well. Anything else we should dismiss here before we even bother to look at any numbers?

jimnyc
07-01-2016, 06:49 PM
On the other hand, both Clinton and Trump have quite dismal approval ratings compared with previous candidates from their respective parties. Worst in decades, as a matter of fact.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/06/03/us/elections/trump-and-clinton-favorability.html?_r=0

And the LEFTY LEANING NY Times? LOL

Trigg
07-02-2016, 01:26 PM

and yet.......BREAKING: Donald Trump Just Broke An HISTORIC Record – Never Before In History!

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/breaking-donald-trump-just-broke-historic-record-never-history/#ixzz4DHFT8LqF

stephanie
07-03-2016, 06:33 AM
The dumbing down of the Democrat base has been completed .

G-d save us all

Elessar
07-03-2016, 03:08 PM

Well...anyone that believes conspiracy theories have a few nuts and bolts loose inside the cranium.