PDA

View Full Version : Ocd

Gunny
07-01-2016, 07:57 AM
When I was living in a motel, I would clean the room up before the maid got there to clean the room up. That's when you KNOW there's something wrong.:laugh:

DLT
07-01-2016, 01:45 PM
When I was living in a motel, I would clean the room up before the maid got there to clean the room up. That's when you KNOW there's something wrong.:laugh:

That's not OCD. If it is, I've got it too. I'm the one that always has to clean house (like I was having company) before having a service person or repair person come in the house.

Bilgerat
07-01-2016, 02:33 PM
My future daughter-in-law is OCD, I sent this to her;

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ee/d9/40/eed9400369b13d32fd9b15c04f4ebaa8.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

gabosaurus
07-01-2016, 06:55 PM
There is a difference between OCD and being a neat freak. A real OCD person drives a normal person crazy.
Most interesting OCD habits I have observed.

**The woman obsessed with locking her door. She lost several jobs because of lateness, the result of driving back two or three times each morning.
**The man who bit his hand or knuckle multiple times before he could do ANYTHING. He ended up needing skin grafts.
**The guy who refused to enter any room or other location that had a 7 or 13 in the address. One of my instructors said he would have an actual panic attack if you attempted to force him.

But yes, my mom changed roommates in college because the other woman would compulsively pick up anything she tried to leave on a floor, bed, couch or countertop. My dad called her "Felix." :laugh:

Abbey Marie
07-01-2016, 08:22 PM
I had my first cleaning service ever in today. (We had a ton of construction dust, and my torn hip just doesn't cooperate). Of course, I cleaned before they got here.

:laugh2:

jimnyc
07-01-2016, 08:30 PM
I had my first cleaning service ever in today. (We had a ton of construction dust, and my torn hip just doesn't cooperate). Of course, I cleaned before they got here.

:laugh2:

See, I'm the opposite. If I know they would be cleaning a certain area, every piece of garbage, junk and anything else that needs to go will be tossed into that area!

Abbey Marie
07-01-2016, 08:32 PM
See, I'm the opposite. If I know they would be cleaning a certain area, every piece of garbage, junk and anything else that needs to go will be tossed into that area!

Lol! That's actually pretty clever.

gabosaurus
07-01-2016, 09:37 PM
My mom would always refuse to allow someone to clean. Even my dad. Because she had a very precise order of where things went. If you moved something and didn't put it back, my mom would have a fit.

When my husband and I first moved into our house in Huntington Beach, we were besieged by people wanting to clean our house, mow our grass, trim our trees and shrubs, etc. My father-in-law gave my husband a door sign that said "I don't need a cleaning woman. I married one."
It didn't stay there very long. :death: