PDA

View Full Version : K-8 school teaches white students they’re born racist

jimnyc
07-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Does anyone wonder where it starts?

-----

An elite Manhattan school is teaching white students as young as 6 that they’re born racist and should feel guilty benefiting from “white privilege,” while heaping praise and cupcakes on their black peers.

Administrators at the Bank Street School for Children on the Upper West Side claim it’s a novel approach to fighting discrimination, and that several other private New York schools are doing it, but even liberal parents aren’t buying it.

They complain the K-8 school of 430 kids is separating whites in classes where they’re made to feel awful about their “whiteness,” and all the “kids of color” in other rooms where they’re taught to feel proud about their race and are rewarded with treats and other privileges.

“Ever since Ferguson, the school has been increasing anti-white propaganda in its curriculum,” said a parent who requested anonymity because he has children currently enrolled in the school.

Bank Street has created a “dedicated space” in the school for “kids of color,” where they’re “embraced” by minority instructors and encouraged to “voice their feelings” and “share experiences about being a kid of color,” according to school presentation slides obtained by The Post.

Meanwhile, white kids are herded into separate classrooms and taught to raise their “awareness of the prevalence of Whiteness and privilege,” challenge “notions of colorblindness (and) assumptions of ‘normal,’ ‘good,’ and ‘American’” and “understand and own European ancestry and see the tie to privilege.”

The same slides point out that a number of leading private schools across the country also have segregated students by “race-based affinity groups.” It lists several in New York, including Riverdale Country School, Brooklyn Friends School, The Cathedral School, The Calhoun School, Ethical Culture Fieldston School, and Little Red School House and Elisabeth Irwin High School.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/01/elite-k-8-school-teaches-white-students-theyre-born-racist/

Abbey Marie
07-01-2016, 08:40 PM
If I could stand hot weather, I'd move to the Deep South.

jimnyc
07-01-2016, 09:05 PM

Too damn hot, I couldn't go either. My in-laws are down near Orlando. I won't go there anymore. It's like a skabillion degrees out during the day and "wind" is extinct down in that area. Nuh no, not for me!

But guess what? (prob for another thread....) my Dad is moving to Delaware! That's gonna be awesome, as I'll be able to drive and see him whenever I want, more or less.

gabosaurus
07-01-2016, 10:11 PM
That's what you get when you send your kids to some uppity private school. None of them are worth an ice cube in hell.

Elessar
07-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Damn.....

Has anyone thought about discrimination or racist instruction?

Could not care less if it is private or not. Kids that age do NOT need to be
filled with that kind of crap!

namvet
07-02-2016, 08:45 AM
there's hundreds of ways to dispose of the body

Trigg
07-02-2016, 01:17 PM

No need to go to extremes, just move to the Mid-West, we still have common sense.