PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s lies kill public’s trust

jimnyc
07-02-2016, 09:35 AM
President Barack Obama campaigned on a promise of hope and change — that his would be the most transparent administration in history.

What we’ve come to find out is Mr. Obama’s White House is one that promotes a culture of deceit, one that serially lies to the American public to protect his political legacy.

Mr. Obama will do anything, say anything, to secure his agenda. Hillary Clinton is also well-versed in this Saul Alinksy-type modus operandi, where you pick your target, freeze it, personalize it, then polarize it. Truth be damned.

Let’s review some of the falsehoods dictated to the American people by the White House — starting with the most recent. Then ask yourself — do you want another four years of this duplicity masterminded by Mrs. Clinton?

This week the Benghazi report was released, demonstrating how lying to the public has become standard operating procedure within the Obama administration.

Rep. Jim Jordan, Ohio Republican and Rep. Mike Pompeo, Kansas Republican, detailed how the administration knew almost immediately after the attack on the American consulate it was one of terrorism, but were unwilling to admit it to the American public.

Officials spoke privately of the 9/11-inspired terror event, both within their own circles and to foreign diplomats, and had eyewitness accounts confirming as much.

However, terrorism wasn’t the political narrative Mr. Obama wanted heading into an election season — especially since he’d been campaigning on the successes of killing Osama bin Laden and how al Qaeda had been “decimated” under his watch — so the truth had to be spun.

“Here’s what happened … You had a video that was released by somebody who lives here, sort of a shadowy character who — who made an extremely offensive video directed at — at Mohammed and Islam … making fun of the Prophet Muhammad. And so, this caused great offense in much of the Muslim world. But what also happened, extremists and terrorists used this as an excuse to attack a variety of our embassies, including the one, the consulate in Libya,” Mr. Obama explained to David Letterman at the time.

Not only was it a blatant lie, but it was also used to manipulate — to garner sympathy for the Muslim world, as if they were wrongly provoked. Mr. Obama was condemning us stupid Americans, for not knowing what offends the Muslims — for thinking we could be attacked simply because we’re infidels.

But the deception doesn’t stop there.

Earlier this month, the State Department was forced to admit it altered a press briefing video to hide an exchange in which a spokeswoman seemed to indicate officials lied when the Iranian nuclear talks began. Then there were reports that a White House transcript was altered, in another discussion about Iran.

Apparently, there’s lots to hide about the Iranian deal.

It was presented as an alternative to war, but really it was nothing more than a great capitulation to one of our most mortal enemies, so Mr. Obama could check off another so-called political accomplishment.

White House deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes admitted as much to The New York Times Magazine in May.

Mr. Rhodes boasted how he, at the president’s bidding, lied and spun concerns that the president wanted a deal with Iran’s nuclear-weapons program so bad he was making too many concessions to the mullahs.

Mr. Rhodes invented the public sales pitch that the White House was negotiating with a new moderate Iranian regime (not only is there no such thing, the negotiations started in 2012 before the new regime’s election) and bragged about how young reporters would believe anything he told them.

Apparently so.

Remember how the president repeatedly promised in his first term that if you liked your health-care plan you could keep it? The media ate it up. So Mr. Obama actively campaigned on the line to get buy-in for his Affordable Care Act all the while knowing it wasn’t true. It later came to light that White House policy advisers had told him to drop it, but were overruled by political aides.

Mr. Obama relied heavily on smoke and mirrors campaign to pass Obamacare as well.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/30/obamas-lies-kill-publics-trust/

gabosaurus
07-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Haven't seen anything from the Washington Times for a while. Good to see that the Moonies are still out there.

jimnyc
07-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Haven't seen anything from the Washington Times for a while. Good to see that the Moonies are still out there.

As usual, unable to address the subject and simply make lame comments about who wrote it or what agency it came from. The very same subject and story that is being covered out there by all the MSM. But I wouldn't want you to let anyone down by trying to have a normal conversation. Seriously, if you can't contribute to a thread, and can only center in on what you perceive is a bogus story as a result of where it's from - you should either be prepared to completely show it's a made up story - or probably better to just bypass the threads in question. But doing what you are doing serves no purpose.

And the very first little search to see if what you are saying is true, do they lean either way, or are they posting weird stuff.... perhaps you are right, moonies, clueless. :dunno:

---

Obama’s approval ratings good news for Hillary Clinton

If the fate of Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid rests in President Obama’s approval ratings, then her path to the White House looks to be paved with gold.

The Gallup daily poll of Mr. Obama’s job approval ticked up to the the highest point its been since January 2013 — at 53 percent — this week, four points higher than Ronald Reagan’s at this period of time in 1988.

History has proven, if the sitting president remains popular, it makes it that much harder for the opposing party’s candidate to win an open-seat election. Whereas, if Mr. Obama’s approval ratings were to dip below 50 percent, presumed Republican nominee Donald Trump would have an easier time defeating Mrs. Clinton.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/12/obamas-approval-ratings-good-news-hillary-clinton/

gabosaurus
07-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Dude, we all know that conservatives have pronounced Obama's time in office as a failure. Just as liberals previously pronounced GW Bush's reign as a failure. Why do we need to know the view of the Unification Church on the matter?

jimnyc
07-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Dude, we all know that conservatives have pronounced Obama's time in office as a failure. Just as liberals previously pronounced GW Bush's reign as a failure. Why do we need to know the view of the Unification Church on the matter?

Reread that article. There are a LOT more than just conservatives who feel that way and see things that way. And then it will matter what independents and moderates think. This goes towards his current presidency, and how a great segment of the public thinks. And then eventually it will go a long ways towards whatever legacy he will have.

But you don't even want to entertain a political article. You want to dismiss it before it ever even started.

gabosaurus
07-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Obama is not running for office. I doubt he cares what people think of him.

Elessar
07-02-2016, 01:59 PM

That is horse-poop! He wants his legacy honored. The problem is that his tenure is marked by scandal, deception,
selfish and narrow-minded edicts. In all my decades I have not seen a president so weak that refused to stand up
for the USA as he has done. He is ego-driven and narcissistic.

I'll bet he strongly would want an attempted appointment to the Supreme Court. Constitutional scholar, my hinie-hole.

jimnyc
07-02-2016, 02:16 PM

That is horse-poop! He wants his legacy honored. The problem is that his tenure is marked by scandal, deception,
selfish and narrow-minded edicts. In all my decades I have not seen a president so weak that refused to stand up
for the USA as he has done. He is ego-driven and narcissistic.

I'll bet he strongly would want an attempted appointment to the Supreme Court. Constitutional scholar, my hinie-hole.

Yeah right, like Gabby hasn't brought up George Bush a time or 2 or 78,000.

Drummond
07-03-2016, 02:57 AM

He cares, all right !! I still recall a sycophantic BBC interview from some months ago. In it he laments that he's seen more favourably overseas than he is in the US.

It's the same old story every time he and Michelle Obama turn up here. Some State-welcoming from the Queen - much publicised, of course - and then Michelle goes off to do a bit of PR salesmanship at some British school or other, in between shopping trips ...

Of course, the story was a little different the last time around - then, it was the run-up to our EU Referendum. Obama happily tried to squalidly threaten us into keeping within the EU. Something seen in its true light .. as a threat, and as interference in our affairs, one showing scant regard for British people AS British people ...

gabosaurus
07-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Yeah right, like Gabby hasn't brought up George Bush a time or 2 or 78,000.

Only after his repeated lies killed my trust. :cool: