PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Coasties need to be vigilant this weekend

gabosaurus
07-02-2016, 12:59 PM
My husband went up to the Bay Area to meet/schmooze with clients. One of such clients has an adult daughter who owns a very large sailboat. My daughter loves to go sailing with her. So that is how she is spending the holiday weekend.
I am staying home because I have spent way too many weekends hobnobbing with Republicans. :cool:

Elessar
07-02-2016, 01:34 PM
My husband went up to the Bay Area to meet/schmooze with clients. One of such clients has an adult daughter who owns a very large sailboat. My daughter loves to go sailing with her. So that is how she is spending the holiday weekend.
I am staying home because I have spent way too many weekends hobnobbing with Republicans. :cool:

Whoa...I am not even sure what the hell this is supposed to mean!

First off, the State is primarily responsible for inside the Colregs Demarcation line. USCG conducts SAR
in all Federal waters as well.

I sure hope the boater is smart enough to have a Marine-band VHF-FM radio as primary communications, vice
depending on a cell phone. Lifejackets for all on board and perhaps a Registered EPIRB or P-Pirb.

Hobnobbing with what? Scared to be educated Gabby?:laugh:

gabosaurus
07-02-2016, 09:07 PM
First off, the State is primarily responsible for inside the Colregs Demarcation line. USCG conducts SAR
in all Federal waters as well.

I sure hope the boater is smart enough to have a Marine-band VHF-FM radio as primary communications, vice
depending on a cell phone. Lifejackets for all on board and perhaps a Registered EPIRB or P-Pirb.

Since I am not a marine person in any way, I have no clue what you are talking about. :confused:
But the woman is in her mid-30s and has been sailing since she was able to walk. She is qualified to captain several sizes of boats. She has taught my daughter a lot about sailing. Perhaps she can become a Coastie.

Hobnobbing with what? Scared to be educated Gabby?
Hobnobbing with wealthy and powerful types usually means the men talk business and women listen. If it is just the women, they usually talk about their children, their wonderful homes and problems with their household help (I never admitted that I don't have household help).
Women are not expected to have political opinions, so I never express mine.

Elessar
07-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Since I am not a marine person in any way, I have no clue what you are talking about. :confused:
But the woman is in her mid-30s and has been sailing since she was able to walk. She is qualified to captain several sizes of boats. She has taught my daughter a lot about sailing. Perhaps she can become a Coastie.

Hobnobbing with wealthy and powerful types usually means the men talk business and women listen. If it is just the women, they usually talk about their children, their wonderful homes and problems with their household help (I never admitted that I don't have household help).
Women are not expected to have political opinions, so I never express mine.

I was not really picking on you. I could write you a book on the topic! I am glad she is a competent sailor, though.