PDA

View Full Version : Life's Little Mysteries

Elessar
07-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Note: This is intended to be silly and perhaps funny. Please do not wreck
it with personal attacks (tongue-in-cheek excepted) or politics.

Why is it, that every time I do laundry 90% of my undies come out of the
dryer inside out? Is there a gremlin hiding in that damned machine? My T-shirts
and pants do no do that.

namvet
07-03-2016, 08:05 AM
and they still have skid marks right???

Elessar
07-03-2016, 12:01 PM
and they still have skid marks right???

Nope! Clean as a whistle.

DLT
07-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Note: This is intended to be silly and perhaps funny. Please do not wreck
it with personal attacks (tongue-in-cheek excepted) or politics.

Why is it, that every time I do laundry 90% of my undies come out of the
dryer inside out? Is there a gremlin hiding in that damned machine? My T-shirts
and pants do no do that.

Why is it that one (only) sock always disappears. Never both socks. Always just one left there to remind you that you have a black hole/alternate dimension portal in your dryer. At least...that's the only logical explanation I can come up with...lol.

Perhaps...some freak with an inside-out panties fetish has figured out how to transport thru that portal and get in there and mess with your head?

Bilgerat
07-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Why is it that one (only) sock always disappears. Never both socks. Always just one left there to remind you that you have a black hole/alternate dimension portal in your dryer. At least...that's the only logical explanation I can come up with...lol.

Perhaps...some freak with an inside-out panties fetish has figured out how to transport thru that portal and get in there and mess with your head?

https://teepee12.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/buddysystemsocks.jpg?w=700

Elessar
07-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Why is it: Going through a supermarket aisle, some immensely fat person stops right along side a display with a cart,
stands to the side staring a the shelves, and blocks the whole aisle? Then gets indignant when you say "Excuse Me".
Electric cart riders are just as bad.

Elessar
07-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Why is it: Two acquaintances meet in a parking lot entry, roll down their windows, a proceed to chatter away
while not allowing other traffic to enter or exit?

gabosaurus
07-03-2016, 07:20 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/16urtl.jpg

sundaydriver
07-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Why do the neighbors cats come to my house with their muddy feet to sit on the vehicles and never, ever their owners vehicles?

Bilgerat
07-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Why is it: Two acquaintances meet in a parking lot entry, roll down their windows, a proceed to chatter away
while not allowing other traffic to enter or exit?

Oh man, this is the same thing that happens while shopping. Two "wide glides" meet and have to yap, all the while blocking the aisle.

I've been known to announce "Road Block in Aisle ___" :laugh:

Elessar
07-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Oh man, this is the same thing that happens while shopping. Two "wide glides" meet and have to yap, all the while blocking the aisle.

I've been known to announce "Road Block in Aisle ___" :laugh:

I saw / see that a lot on the entry to an eatery. Stop and freeze by the door,
blocking even the staff, and stare at the people sitting, relaxing, and eating.

I told the co-owner of my favorite in Trinidad CA that was called "Clumping":laugh:

Gunny
07-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Okay. I'm sitting here laughing so hard at this thread my eyes are watering. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Elessar
07-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Okay. I'm sitting here laughing so hard at this thread my eyes are watering. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

My mission here will continue!:laugh:

darin
07-13-2016, 01:03 AM
Why is it: The sounds of grilling food can make me hungry. The sound of laughter can make me happy. The sound of water makes me want to pee. Yet the sound of sleeping - snoring - keeps me awake?

crin63
07-13-2016, 01:30 AM
Some excessively oversized nasty looking female wearing very little at Walmart was looking at some kind of mosquito repellent stickers. I was a wee bit queasy just from the sight. As I am walking up I heard her say she could put 7 of them on her. I said out loud "or you could just try a flea dip" as I was walking passed her.

It was kinda like crop dusting.

Atticus Finch
07-13-2016, 03:57 AM
How about the phantom stool? You know you went but the toilet bowl is empty.

darin
07-13-2016, 05:22 AM

or the opposite. You go just a little, but then it's like you're wiping a god-dang magic marker...

Gunny
07-13-2016, 03:19 PM
or the opposite. You go just a little, but then it's like you're wiping a god-dang magic marker...

Wait until you get older, f*cker. Like wiping a paint brush. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Elessar
07-13-2016, 08:03 PM

Are you sure it was not a wet fart??:laugh:

Bilgerat
07-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Are you sure it was not a wet fart??:laugh:

After a good bender, I used to ponder

Do farts have lumps? :laugh:

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 05:03 PM

I always just figured it was people that weren't very responsible in using the machines, or folding and such. But for years and years and years I have been hearing this - from endless people. Obviously there is truth to it. Over the years I must have lost like 90 socks, therefore ruining 90 "pairs". WTF do they really go? If not in the machine, still in the hamper? Nope, not there. Still in the drawer? Nope, not there. Under, inside or around the machine? Nope, always triple check. And yet they just mysteriously continue to disappear.

And that pisses me off, because I hate to shop. So I gave up and just by them from Amazon, don't need to try that shit on. And it's like a recurring order, as they just keep going and going and going and going....

Gunny
07-14-2016, 08:16 PM
I always just figured it was people that weren't very responsible in using the machines, or folding and such. But for years and years and years I have been hearing this - from endless people. Obviously there is truth to it. Over the years I must have lost like 90 socks, therefore ruining 90 "pairs". WTF do they really go? If not in the machine, still in the hamper? Nope, not there. Still in the drawer? Nope, not there. Under, inside or around the machine? Nope, always triple check. And yet they just mysteriously continue to disappear.

And that pisses me off, because I hate to shop. So I gave up and just by them from Amazon, don't need to try that shit on. And it's like a recurring order, as they just keep going and going and going and going....

I solved the problem by just not wearing the damned things. I had to when I wore boots. I mostly wear sandals now. I did have the barber suggest a pedicure.:laugh: I'm like why? I walk around in the dirt on my feet. They're not supposed to be pretty.

namvet
07-15-2016, 08:23 PM
https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/e5/ca/ef/cracked-toilet-seat-gave.jpg

top that