PDA

View Full Version : Why the AR-15 is the ideal personal firearm

gabosaurus
07-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Interesting story. Four people taken from all walks of life discuss why they prefer the AR-15 as their personal weapon of choice.
Though I'm not sure whether to trust something I read in the liberal mainstream media. :rolleyes:

http://interactives.dallasnews.com/2016/gun-owners/

Elessar
07-03-2016, 07:55 PM
12 gauge pump gun! Or a .357 Wheel gun...not an AR-15.

aboutime
07-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Elessar. Obviously, after seeing this thread. We can rest assured that Gabby also agree's to take her next vacation with Congressman Johnson....when they go to Observe The TIPPING OF GUAM, dumping Marines, and their families into the Pacific????:dance::clap::laugh:

Elessar
07-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Elessar. Obviously, after seeing this thread. We can rest assured that Gabby also agree's to take her next vacation with Congressman Johnson....when they go to Observe The TIPPING OF GUAM, dumping Marines, and their families into the Pacific????:dance::clap::laugh:

Yeah...who can forget that wild-assed claim!:laugh2:

Gunny
07-08-2016, 10:18 PM
This Johnson idiot is an idiot. You can't own a personal firearm on Guam and could probably run from one end of that rock to the other before the bullet got there. Who is this idiot? Another wing-ding flying below the radar because the other leftwingnut criminals are worse? Charlie Rangel Jr?

Do these asshats get the mere simplicity of the fact our weapons are kept in the armory? Apparently we're less of a threat than blacks in Dallas. :rolleyes:

Elessar
07-09-2016, 12:46 AM
This Johnson idiot is an idiot. You can't own a personal firearm on Guam and could probably run from one end of that rock to the other before the bullet got there. Who is this idiot? Another wing-ding flying below the radar because the other leftwingnut criminals are worse? Charlie Rangel Jr?

Do these asshats get the mere simplicity of the fact our weapons are kept in the armory? Apparently we're less of a threat than blacks in Dallas. :rolleyes:

Let's be real. Idiots like him would not know an assault weapon from a squirt gun. You guys that humped weapons know better.

I get tired of trying to explain the difference. I do NOT believe that the general public needs 30 round magazines, though.

Semi-autos are trigger pull...not trigger press.

Side Note: Gabby has still not replied to my questions if she would give up her supposed firearms if a liberal 'ban'
and confiscation was enacted.

Gunny
07-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Let's be real. Idiots like him would not know an assault weapon from a squirt gun. You guys that humped weapons know better.

I get tired of trying to explain the difference. I do NOT believe that the general public needs 30 round magazines, though.

Semi-autos are trigger pull...not trigger press.

Side Note: Gabby has still not replied to my questions if she would give up her supposed firearms if a liberal 'ban'
and confiscation was enacted.

I honestly don't think the general public needs 30 rd mags either. And this is just my personal opinion. As a utility tool, I'll take a Winchester or Marlin Model 94. You can actually hunt with them and they are good for self defense.

I can use military weapons, but an AR-15 is pointless to me. It's made to kill people. I always thought it was a POS. I don't need to look cool. Give me an M-14 in .308. I can actually use it to hunt food. SO what if it weighs more?

And you may as well go watch your grass grow or listen to Hitlery blame the weapons as expect and answer from Gabby.

CSM
07-11-2016, 06:32 AM
I honestly don't think the general public needs 30 rd mags either. And this is just my personal opinion. As a utility tool, I'll take a Winchester or Marlin Model 94. You can actually hunt with them and they are good for self defense.

I can use military weapons, but an AR-15 is pointless to me. It's made to kill people. I always thought it was a POS. I don't need to look cool. Give me an M-14 in .308. I can actually use it to hunt food. SO what if it weighs more?

And you may as well go watch your grass grow or listen to Hitlery blame the weapons as expect and answer from Gabby.

M-14 .... hell yeah. I love that weapon. Accurate at long range and hits hard. Take down most big game animals as well as shoot through cinder block walls. The first military weapon I trained with in basic.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-11-2016, 08:39 AM
I favor the M14 over that of any battle rifle that has ever been made and that includes the AK47.
Second on my list is not an AR15 either, it is the
Brit 303 Lee–Enfield.
Third is the Springfield' 03....
Fourth the AK47.
AND A DISTANT 5TH PLACE WOULD BE THE AR15.
ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL PREFER THE 303, 308 WINCHESTER and 30'06 rounds over the 7.62's. --TYR

Gunny
07-11-2016, 12:18 PM
I favor the M14 over that of any battle rifle that has ever been made and that includes the AK47.
Brit 303 Lee–Enfield.
Fourth the AK47.
ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL PREFER THE 303, 308 WINCHESTER and 30'06 rounds over the 7.62's. --TYR

The advantage to an AK, which I do not prefer, is you can use your enemies ammo. It also is one of the most reliable machine guns ever made. It's a rip-off of the German MG from WWII. The Soviets were very unimaginative. All their stuff were stolen designs from other countries.

I prefer the M-14. Like the Sergeant Major, I was trained on it. Ma Bell could reach out and touch someone. :)

Elessar
07-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Brit 303 Lee–Enfield.
Fourth the AK47.

I had a Brit .303 (bolt-action) for a while. It was 'sportsterized' somewhat
and was a baby, flat-shooting cannon!

The head spacing went bad on it and a gunsmith told me it could not be fixed.
So I sold it as a collector's item. Little did I know I spoke with the wrong gunsmith.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-11-2016, 04:06 PM
I had a Brit .303 (bolt-action) for a while. It was 'sportsterized' somewhat
and was a baby, flat-shooting cannon!

The head spacing went bad on it and a gunsmith told me it could not be fixed.
So I sold it as a collector's item. Little did I know I spoke with the wrong gunsmith.
I favor the M14, with Brit 303 only a fraction behind taking second place.
That 303 round is one helluva wicked biaaatchhhh... penetration, penetration....-Tyr

Gunny
07-11-2016, 04:14 PM
I favor the M14, with Brit 303 only a fraction behind taking second place.
That 303 round is one helluva wicked biaaatchhhh... penetration, penetration....-Tyr

Y'all got to keep this up, huh?

I prefer an M40-A1. A modified Remington Model 700 at Quantico, VA with a 20x Unertl scope. I can do anything I want to with it.

Elessar
07-11-2016, 09:22 PM
M-14 .... hell yeah. I love that weapon. Accurate at long range and hits hard. Take down most big game animals as well as shoot through cinder block walls. The first military weapon I trained with in basic.

Lot's of 'Nam Vets I met highly favored the M-14 over the newer Mattel Toy AR and M-16.
I've never fired am M-14, but recoil never bothered me much, nor did weight.

Gunny
07-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Lot's of 'Nam Vets I met highly favored the M-14 over the newer Mattel Toy AR and M-16.
I've never fired am M-14, but recoil never bothered me much, nor did weight.

DOn't have to be a NamVet. Not in the Corps at least. We'll make do with anything and stretch it out as long as we can. My first rifle was an M-14 (in the military). And that sucker's got a kick. btw. It'll leave a mark. :laugh:

I think that's the closest I ever came to tears is when they made us turn in our 14s for some toy-ass rifle. I was like WTF am I supposed to do with THIS? Shoot hummingbirds?

Elessar
07-11-2016, 09:32 PM
DOn't have to be a NamVet. Not in the Corps at least. We'll make do with anything and stretch it out as long as we can. My first rifle was an M-14 (in the military). And that sucker's got a kick. btw. It'll leave a mark. :laugh:

I think that's the closest I ever came to tears is when they made us turn in our 14s for some toy-ass rifle. I was like WTF am I supposed to do with THIS? Shoot hummingbirds?

Dad told me the BAR of WWII had quite a jolt to it, but the heavy barrel lessened that some.

Gunny
07-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Dad told me the BAR of WWII had quite a jolt to it, but the heavy barrel lessened that some.

I've fired an M-1. Never a BAR. I would love to. All 3 weapons fire the same round. 7.62 mm (.308). The M-14 came after the M1A1 which were both stepped up version of the M-1.

The Stoner originally fired a .308 and the Army had them step it down to .223. That is what became the M-16.

Here's some trivia FUBAR for you: The original M-16 was designed to fire lubricated ammo. After purchasing a gazillion rounds of lubricated ammo, the Army told them manufacturer to make it fire dry ammo. But did they get red of the wet ammo? Hell no. They issued it out. THAT is where the Vietnam horror stories of the M-16 come from. The lubricant would heat up and lock the chamber.

Elessar
07-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Here's some trivia FUBAR for you: The original M-16 was designed to fire lubricated ammo. After purchasing a gazillion rounds of lubricated ammo, the Army told them manufacturer to make it fire dry ammo. But did they get red of the wet ammo? Hell no. They issued it out. THAT is where the Vietnam horror stories of the M-16 come from. The lubricant would heat up and lock the chamber.

I remember that....not to mention the wet ammo attracting dust and sand!

crin63
07-12-2016, 12:19 AM
.308 and 45acp are my favorite calibers.

I've only ever shot the civilian version M1a. Sweet, smooth and accurate.

My favorite is my Remington 700 .308 that's been tuned with a 16x Mark IV on top.

We usually use clay pigeons for targets. They're cheap, easy to see and small enough to make me feel good about my hits. They usually leave some shards behind for additional practice.