PDA

View Full Version : Where the Hell is....Gunny?

Elessar
07-04-2016, 11:39 AM
I sure hope he is doing O.K.

NightTrain
07-04-2016, 11:57 AM
He was having technical issues with his monitor... I expect he'll be back as soon as he gets it sorted out.

Sounded to me like he had a bunch of dust built up inside his tower causing an overheating problem.

Black Diamond
07-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Get that damn thing squared away you slimy scumbag.

hjmick
07-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Last I heard he was in New Mexico. Probably found something to do outdoors...

Maybe he went to the Church Street Café... or Casa de Bienvenidos...

GUNNY, YOU BASTARD!

Kathianne
07-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Either fixing his monitor or still partying with 1 year old! ;) Happy 4th, Gunny!

Elessar
07-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Either fixing his monitor or still partying with 1 year old! ;) Happy 4th, Gunny!

I just took my tower in for a full tech cleaning as well. First blew it clean my compressor,
then let the local tech fix all the stupid Windows 10 errors that came with the fee download.

Partying with the Little One still? He adores her, bless his Jarhead heart!

Abbey Marie
07-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Gunnery Sergeant, Report!

gabosaurus
07-04-2016, 08:27 PM
http://militaryhumor.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/military-humor-abstinent-sergeant-major-800x640.jpg

hjmick
07-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Except for the fact that R Lee Ermey retired a Staff Sergeant, not a Sergeant Major, cute joke.

Black Diamond
07-05-2016, 11:37 AM
He probably put his foot through his monitor when he found out the spurs won't win another title for at least 10 years after Durant signing.

jimnyc
07-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Gunny is doing just fine. Not so for his computer that is on life support and being tended to by the experts. More news to follow...

Black Diamond
07-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Gunny is doing just fine. Not so for his computer that is on life support and being tended to by the experts. More news to follow...

Geek squad?

NightTrain
07-06-2016, 12:02 PM

So does he sound like R. Lee Ermey? Did he make you do push ups when you called?

jimnyc
07-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Geek squad?

Nah, he said it's a little shop near him, and he said he lives in the middle of the earth - and that he likely won't see his computer again until Saturday. I told him what you said about the Spurs and he said to tell you that you can go "f" yourself, but not so politely. :)

So does he sound like R. Lee Ermey? Did he make you do push ups when you called?

No pushups and no Ermey! LOL

But just as much as some speak with me and swear they hear the NY accent (which I DO NOT have!), Gunny defines a southern redneck! I thought he was going to shoot and bury me through the phone. And he talks like the folks in Georgia, like when I first went there and my nephews heard me talk for the first time since they were like babies. The spaces are slowness in one speaking.

"Uncle Jimmy, You sure do talk funny". And I was like WTF?

Gunny is similar, maybe in a Ben Carson kinda way. Very smart, talking about history and other crap with his weird redneck accident, I had trouble understanding WTF he was saying a few times. :laugh: Damn redneck. :) Was nice speaking with him though, been quite a few years since we chatted.

Gunny
07-08-2016, 07:25 PM
I just took my tower in for a full tech cleaning as well. First blew it clean my compressor,
then let the local tech fix all the stupid Windows 10 errors that came with the fee download.

Partying with the Little One still? He adores her, bless his Jarhead heart!

Gunny don't mess with that tiny crap that don't fit his fingers. Got an electrical problem? No problem. But I can't even thread a needle, bubba. I got Frankenstein hands. As I have said before, I ain't screwing with anything above my level. I ain't sticking my hand inside no computer. Recipe for disaster.

As I told someone else, I want to see you stick your hand in a 277/480 switch. I'll bring the spit bucket and beer. :laugh: And a bodybag.

I'm just not paying more for this computer than it's worth. Got a family full of salesmen.

Elessar
07-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Gunny don't mess with that tiny crap that don't fit his fingers. Got an electrical problem? No problem. But I can't even thread a needle, bubba. I got Frankenstein hands. As I have said before, I ain't screwing with anything above my level. I ain't sticking my hand inside no computer. Recipe for disaster.

As I told someone else, I want to see you stick your hand in a 277/480 switch. I'll bring the spit bucket and beer. :laugh: And a bodybag.

I'm just not paying more for this computer than it's worth. Got a family full of salesmen.

My hands are not exactly tiny...got plenty of needle-nose pliers for that stuff! I should hire you to
check a couple of circuits. I can wire a light or an outlet...but circuits I just don't know enough about to take risks.

By The Way...Welcome Back!

Gunny
07-08-2016, 10:09 PM
My hands are not exactly tiny...got plenty of needle-nose pliers for that stuff! I should hire you to
check a couple of circuits. I can wire a light or an outlet...but circuits I just don't know enough about to take risks.

By The Way...Welcome Back!

As I've said before, we're all good at something. I could re-wire your house from the line (that would be pole to y'all). That includes meter, disconnects and panel. I can sit down and do the math on the load of your panel and what size panel you need. GEICO commercial time: that's what I do.

If you need something broken I can do that pretty good too.

If I need my PC fixed? It's going to the shop. I'm good at the language and how to make one work. Them little bitty parts are going to someone that knows about those little bitty parts.

And I got plenty of needle nose pliers. And every other kind of pliers. Let's see what I can touch in the CPU. :laugh:

Not to sound like Dirty Harry but a man's got to know his limitations.

Elessar
07-09-2016, 02:16 PM
As I've said before, we're all good at something. I could re-wire your house from the line (that would be pole to y'all). That includes meter, disconnects and panel. I can sit down and do the math on the load of your panel and what size panel you need. GEICO commercial time: that's what I do.

Not to sound like Dirty Harry but a man's got to know his limitations.

Give me a piece of line (rope) and I can whip up an eye-splice, long splice, or short splice in minutes -
depending on the type of line. Double-braid is a bit more time consuming, though. I even rigged an
eye-splice in shot line - which is tedious! Shot line is only 1/8 inch in diameter.

My Granddad was a Master Electrician. He worked on setting up a power plant near
Mount Storm, WVA.

Gunny
07-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Nah, he said it's a little shop near him, and he said he lives in the middle of the earth - and that he likely won't see his computer again until Saturday. I told him what you said about the Spurs and he said to tell you that you can go "f" yourself, but not so politely. :)

No pushups and no Ermey! LOL

But just as much as some speak with me and swear they hear the NY accent (which I DO NOT have!), Gunny defines a southern redneck! I thought he was going to shoot and bury me through the phone. And he talks like the folks in Georgia, like when I first went there and my nephews heard me talk for the first time since they were like babies. The spaces are slowness in one speaking.

"Uncle Jimmy, You sure do talk funny". And I was like WTF?

Gunny is similar, maybe in a Ben Carson kinda way. Very smart, talking about history and other crap with his weird redneck accident, I had trouble understanding WTF he was saying a few times. :laugh: Damn redneck. :) Was nice speaking with him though, been quite a few years since we chatted.

I hate to point this out to you, but do y'all ever think we think y'all talk goofy as hell? Always adding r's where they don't belong and deleting them where they do.

No offene, but you sound just as funny to me as I do to you. :)

Gunny
07-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Give me a piece of line (rope) and I can whip up an eye-splice, long splice, or short splice in minutes -
depending on the type of line. Double-braid is a bit more time consuming, though. I even rigged an
eye-splice in shot line - which is tedious! Shot line is only 1/8 inch in diameter.

My Granddad was a Master Electrician. He worked on setting up a power plant near
Mount Storm, WVA.

I think I can still tie a square knot and a half hitch. :laugh:

Elessar
07-09-2016, 02:45 PM
I think I can still tie a square knot and a half hitch. :laugh:

I could teach you the "Eight Basic Knots" in 20 minutes. My Dad made me learn to
tie them in the dark and even behind my back. I blew away the 'instructors' in boot camp
when I tied them so fast....they said I cheated!:laugh:

Gunny
07-09-2016, 03:23 PM
I could teach you the "Eight Basic Knots" in 20 minutes. My Dad made me learn to
tie them in the dark and even behind my back. I blew away the 'instructors' in boot camp
when I tied them so fast....they said I cheated!:laugh:

I can break down an M-16 and put it back together in a couple of minutes. Blindfolded.

Take a good look at the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. If you note, the anchor is fouled by a rope. Because we suck as Sailors. Why do you think we don't drive our own boats? F8ck knows where we'd end up (Tahiti hopefully). :laugh: