PDA

View Full Version : James Comey just had his "Bill Buckner Moment"

Russ
07-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Anyone remember Bill Buckner? He was a Major League Baseball player for over 20 years, was an All-Star and batted over .300 several times, the MLB Batting Champ one year, and is in the top 70 all-time for hits. Most people with a baseball career like that are in the MLB Hall of Fame.
Unfortunately for Bill, he made a big mistake near the end of his career that overshadowed everything he'd done previously. He was playing for Boston in the 6th game of the World Series, and his team took a 2 run lead in the 10th inning. Boston got two outs, and all they had to do was get one more out and they'd be the champs. That's when Bill had his moment - he badly bobbled a grounder to 1st base that would have been the final out, and Boston ended up losing the game and later lost the World Series. And no one ever remembered his All-Star career after that - his memory became nothing but that bobbled grounder.
That is what James Comey did today. He apparently has had an all star FBI career up until now, but this farce is the only thing he will be remembered for (or deserves to be rememberd for).
Sorry James, but you just became Bill Buckner junior, forever more. :facepalm99:

Abbey Marie
07-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Nice analogy. Do you think he was threatened, or given a ton of money/promises of reward?

I expect Vince Foster's name came up.

Elessar
07-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Check this thread out....Jim and I both nailed it.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?55644-Waiting-for-Comey-statement

Black Diamond
07-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Anyone remember Bill Buckner? He was a Major League Baseball player for over 20 years, was an All-Star and batted over .300 several times, the MLB Batting Champ one year, and is in the top 70 all-time for hits. Most people with a baseball career like that are in the MLB Hall of Fame.
Unfortunately for Bill, he made a big mistake near the end of his career that overshadowed everything he'd done previously. He was playing for Boston in the 6th game of the World Series, and his team took a 2 run lead in the 10th inning. Boston got two outs, and all they had to do was get one more out and they'd be the champs. That's when Bill had his moment - he badly bobbled a grounder to 1st base that would have been the final out, and Boston ended up losing the game and later lost the World Series. And no one ever remembered his All-Star career after that - his memory became nothing but that bobbled grounder.
That is what James Comey did today. He apparently has had an all star FBI career up until now, but this farce is the only thing he will be remembered for (or deserves to be rememberd for).
Sorry James, but you just became Bill Buckner junior, forever more. :facepalm99:
Yeah I don't think Buckner tanked it on purpose.

Elessar
07-05-2016, 08:37 PM

Yeah, I don't either....he was a pure Pro. Tough as they came for that era, damn near as
tough as Pete Rose. Funny thing about grounders...even only the smallest piece of gravel or the spin on
the ball can make them go nutsie!

Elessar
07-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Duplicate...deleted.

aboutime
07-05-2016, 09:25 PM

http://youtu.be/18caPNisP2U
Comey isn't the Dedicated FBI man everybody thought he was. At least Buckner made an HONEST mistake.

That play wasn't "RIGGED"!

Black Diamond
07-05-2016, 09:26 PM
http://youtu.be/18caPNisP2U
Comey isn't the Dedicated FBI man everybody thought he was. At least Buckner made an HONEST mistake.

That play wasn't "RIGGED"!

You said it more directly than I did.

gabosaurus
07-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Better to say he has his Steve Bartman moment. :laugh:

stephanie
07-06-2016, 07:17 AM
I think he raked Hillary over the coals. he might have been "forced" to fall on the sword by these crooks, the Clintons, Obama, etc. But he made sure he gave Ammo to the other side for use Against her. already out by the way.

take a looksi and don't forget to vote out these crooks.

snip:
Trump releases damning video contrasting Clinton, Comey statements

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/videos/10157263351880725/

Russ
07-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Nice analogy. Do you think he was threatened, or given a ton of money/promises of reward?

I expect Vince Foster's name came up.

Yes, maybe they gave him a choice - he could become Bill Buckner Junior, or else he'd be Vince Foster Junior. ;)

Russ
07-06-2016, 08:58 PM

Of course he didn't. But my point wasn't about tanking... it was more about how you can have an all-star career for twenty years and then erase it in two seconds if you commit a big enough bonehead move toward the end of your career. Comey will be remembered for this, not for the previous twenty years of his career.

Black Diamond
07-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Of course he didn't. But my point wasn't about tanking... it was more about how you can have an all-star career for twenty years and then erase it in two seconds if you commit a big enough bonehead move toward the end of your career. Comey will be remembered for this, not for the previous twenty years of his career.
I know. I think Comey tanked it on purpose or was forced to tank.
That in my opinion is the difference between the two men.

Black Diamond
07-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Yes, maybe they gave him a choice - he could become Bill Buckner Junior, or else he'd be Vince Foster Junior. ;)

You just made my point extremely well.

namvet
07-08-2016, 11:05 AM
can't prove it but I think Comey is in the tank for Loretta stench to provide protection for these VIP liberal retards. and im bettin' there was a suitcase fulla $$$ on that plane

aboutime
07-08-2016, 07:05 PM
can't prove it but I think Comey is in the tank for Loretta stench to provide protection for these VIP liberal retards. and im bettin' there was a suitcase fulla $$$ on that plane

namvetI now believe, anyone related to the Obama administration, in any way, who wants a democrat in the White House.....IS IN THE TANK!The CESSPOOL we all know as Washington DC Politics.

Gunny
07-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Up to me. he'd be stripped and drummed out.

Elessar
07-13-2016, 06:44 PM
It's getting better.

From Newsmax:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/fbi-nondisclosure-hillary-clinton-email-scandal/2016/07/13/id/738441/?ns_mail_uid=28698617&ns_mail_job=1677716_07132016&s=al&dkt_nbr=be1ydhvm