PDA

View Full Version : More issues I have with Johnson

jimnyc
07-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Polling at a decent level, I've started to read more and more about him as well. I'd rather he had a harsher stance on abortion. I disagree with him that global warming is caused by man. He disagreed with deportations of criminals, and would prefer they get employed. I disagree, I don't like rewarding criminals. He agreed with the occupy wall street filthy animals, and that's hard for me to digest on any level.

gabosaurus
07-06-2016, 10:06 PM
If Johnson starts polling better numbers, where are those votes coming from? Or, more appropriately, who is losing them?

jimnyc
07-06-2016, 10:07 PM
If Johnson starts polling better numbers, where are those votes coming from? Or, more appropriately, who is losing them?

No thanks.

Black Diamond
07-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Michael Badnarik.

fj1200
07-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Polling at a decent level, I've started to read more and more about him as well. I'd rather he had a harsher stance on abortion. I disagree with him that global warming is caused by man. He disagreed with deportations of criminals, and would prefer they get employed. I disagree, I don't like rewarding criminals. He agreed with the occupy wall street filthy animals, and that's hard for me to digest on any level.

Any specifics?

One poll I saw awhile back suggested he pulled equally from D and R.

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Any specifics?

Yes, he agreed with them for what they were doing on the streets and why they were angry and such. My opinion was that they were acting 100% inappropriately and like homeless filth. I wouldn't have even given them the time of day. I'm sure he agreed much more with why they were doing so, maybe anti-wall street crap, but personally I would never visit with them and encourage the shit that was going on there. Hopefully we don't need to rehash their behavior. I don't think "rewarding" them by meeting with them while under such conditions. But again, that's me. I'm sure some will disagree with his abortion stance as well.

fj1200
07-07-2016, 12:11 PM
I just thought some quotes would be helpful. :)

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 12:17 PM
I just thought some quotes would be helpful. :)

I thought we were speaking generally, and you would be aware of such, or capable of doing a quick google search on something like "gary johnson occupy wall street" - but let me help you out my best friend! :) :) I love you man, but you still can't have any of my Bud Light!

-----

"I’ve been trying to figure out what the 'Occupy' protesters are protesting, so this week, while in New York, I took the time to visit the protesters and just talk to them. What I found is pretty straightforward: They are angry about a system that is being gamed for the benefit of a connected few. I also concluded that it is a mistake to dismiss these protests, as the Establishment is trying to do, as a bunch of malcontents.

The fact is, Americans are angry, and Wall Street may be as good a target as any. Why shouldn’t we be protesting the fact that our tax dollars were used to bail out AIG and General Motors and a bunch of banks, while the rest of us — who aren’t too big to fail — are left to sink or swim in an economy the politicians have strangled with deficit spending, over-regulation and punitive taxation?...

The system is corrupt. There is no other way to describe it, and it’s time we faced that simple truth. And maybe instead of dismissing or trying to manipulate the Occupiers to partisan advantage, we should all just go join them. All we need to agree about is that the status quo sucks.”

http://2012election.procon.org/view.answers.election.php?questionID=1729

fj1200
07-07-2016, 12:21 PM
I thought we were speaking generally, and you would be aware of such, or capable of doing a quick google search on something like "gary johnson occupy wall street" - but let me help you out my best friend! :) :) I love you man, but you still can't have any of my Bud Light!

-----

"I’ve been trying to figure out what the 'Occupy' protesters are protesting, so this week, while in New York, I took the time to visit the protesters and just talk to them. What I found is pretty straightforward: They are angry about a system that is being gamed for the benefit of a connected few. I also concluded that it is a mistake to dismiss these protests, as the Establishment is trying to do, as a bunch of malcontents.

The fact is, Americans are angry, and Wall Street may be as good a target as any. Why shouldn’t we be protesting the fact that our tax dollars were used to bail out AIG and General Motors and a bunch of banks, while the rest of us — who aren’t too big to fail — are left to sink or swim in an economy the politicians have strangled with deficit spending, over-regulation and punitive taxation?...

The system is corrupt. There is no other way to describe it, and it’s time we faced that simple truth. And maybe instead of dismissing or trying to manipulate the Occupiers to partisan advantage, we should all just go join them. All we need to agree about is that the status quo sucks.”

So you're upset that he engaged citizens, investigated issues of the day, opposed the establishment (before it was popular to do so), and espoused conservative viewpoints... the bastard.

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 12:23 PM
So you're upset that he engaged citizens, investigated issues of the day, opposed the establishment (before it was popular to do so), and espoused conservative viewpoints... the bastard.

No, engaging folks peeing and shitting in public, assaulting people, sexual assaults, general filth, disrupting innocent businesses. Sorry, I don't believe in rewarding people for shitting in public after trying to rape people as a method to seek change.

Black Diamond
07-07-2016, 12:25 PM
No, engaging folks peeing and shitting in public, assaulting people, sexual assaults, general filth, disrupting innocent businesses. Sorry, I don't believe in rewarding people for shitting in public after trying to rape people as a method to seek change.

I thought you had an open mind. :)

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 12:27 PM
I thought you had an open mind. :)

Call me a "poopaphobic" :)

fj1200
07-07-2016, 12:30 PM

I don't see in the quote that he suggested rewarding them for such behavior.

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 12:35 PM
I don't see in the quote that he suggested rewarding them for such behavior.

Semantics. A politician meeting with the public, to hear them out I suppose, is a sort of reward, IMO. I completely disagree with even having had given them the time of day, unless they were acting like human beings, of which they were not.

I'm sorry you disagree with me disagreeing with him agreeing with them. I go back to my opening post, and stand by it. I simply disagree with him for having met with them. Call me nuts, others think so too.

Black Diamond
07-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Semantics. A politician meeting with the public, to hear them out I suppose, is a sort of reward, IMO. I completely disagree with even having had given them the time of day, unless they were acting like human beings, of which they were not.

I'm sorry you disagree with me disagreeing with him agreeing with them. I go back to my opening post, and stand by it. I simply disagree with him for having met with them. Call me nuts, others think so too.

Didn't Ron Paul have a similar meeting with the 9/11 troofers?

stephanie
07-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Notice we never hear from him unless it's to dump on Trump? he is in this election for ONE THING. to disrupt the votes for the real candidate. he's a lowlife and a traitor in my book

hjmick
07-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Call me a "poopaphobic" :)

Okay, poopaphobic, will you be changing your screen name as well?

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 12:50 PM

"jimnyc_hates_poop"? "bigoted_poopman"? :laugh:

fj1200
07-07-2016, 12:51 PM

We see what we want to see. But if not calling them filthy animals is tantamount to reward then...

Trump’s entire comments on this matter were rather surprising, starting with his initial impression of the protesters as “very well-dressed,” suggesting they were wealthy themselves: “probably half of their parents worked on Wall Street or for Wall Street-related groups,” he argued. “This is not a poor group of protesters.” That said, Trump added that he found them productive in some regards. “I cherish the protests in a way,” he told Van Susteren, because I may not agree with them as a group, but I do agree it’s time to protest.” Trump concluded that he did think “we should protest how poorly our country is doing,” particularly the fact that the American economy was “being eaten alive by countries that could care less about us, that are at economic war with us.”
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/donald-trump-to-greta-van-susteren-i-cherish-the-well-dressed-wall-street-protesters/

:unsure:

stephanie
07-07-2016, 12:55 PM

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/Me/Muttley.gif (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/alaskamomma/media/Me/Muttley.gif.html)

hi hjmick, long time no see. lol

stephanie
07-07-2016, 12:58 PM
"jimnyc_hates_poop"? "bigoted_poopman"? :laugh:

alright you two. http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/Me/1lmao.gif (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/alaskamomma/media/Me/1lmao.gif.html)

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 01:00 PM
We see what we want to see. But if not calling them filthy animals is tantamount to reward then...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/donald-trump-to-greta-van-susteren-i-cherish-the-well-dressed-wall-street-protesters/

:unsure:

Did he go down on the street and meet with the grimy pooping bastards? If he did, he's an effing idiot.

fj1200
07-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Did he go down on the street and meet with the grimy pooping bastards? If he did, he's an effing idiot.

Couldn't tell ya. I can only tell ya that he "cherishes" them. :dunno:

hjmick
07-07-2016, 01:03 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/Me/Muttley.gif (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/alaskamomma/media/Me/Muttley.gif.html)

hi hjmick, long time no see. lol

Indeed. Good to see you around.

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Couldn't tell ya. I can only tell ya that he "cherishes" them. :dunno:

Yeah, well he certainly isn't right on every issue either. But anyone getting down with the pigs only rewards their behavior in such instances, IMO, and gives them reason to continue their behavior.

fj1200
07-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Yeah, well he certainly isn't right on every issue either. But anyone getting down with the pigs only rewards their behavior in such instances, IMO, and gives them reason to continue their behavior.

On the one hand, yes he did talk to them. On the other hand he completely disagrees with them as far as solutions IMO whereas your candidate "cherishes" them. BTW your stated premise is that he agrees with OWS seems to be wrong.

He agreed with the occupy wall street filthy animals...

-----

... while the rest of us — who aren’t too big to fail — are left to sink or swim in an economy the politicians have strangled with deficit spending, over-regulation and punitive taxation?...

I'm pretty sure OWS would not agree with that. So you think he rewarded them but to "cherish" someone is it's own reward is it not?

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 01:30 PM
On the one hand, yes he did talk to them. On the other hand he completely disagrees with them as far as solutions IMO whereas your candidate "cherishes" them. BTW your stated premise is that he agrees with OWS seems to be wrong.

I'm pretty sure OWS would not agree with that. So you think he rewarded them but to "cherish" someone is it's own reward is it not?

You can try and deflect and point to Trump all you like, I don't agree with him, so you're wasting your time.

Maybe Johnson was too busy talking drugs with them, or perhaps they had good drugs there. Would explain why he met with folks that he disagrees with completely.

fj1200
07-08-2016, 08:27 AM
You can try and deflect and point to Trump all you like, I don't agree with him, so you're wasting your time.

Maybe Johnson was too busy talking drugs with them, or perhaps they had good drugs there. Would explain why he met with folks that he disagrees with completely.

I'm not deflecting, I'm pointing out an incorrect premise and faulty logic along with trying to detect some consistency in applying standards. Since you're supporting trump this particular issue is at least a wash since he seems to have at least a similar stance to Johnson.