PDA

View Full Version : Trump-Gingrich Ticket Would Be Unstoppable

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 06:15 AM
Unstoppable? No. But I love this ticket. I can't find a single person who wouldn't bring a little baggage, other than maybe Condi, or Carson. But Gingrich, as I said previously, would bring a ton of experience and an ability to be a bulldog on the trail. He 'should' be able to devour whoever Hillary picks as VP in debates. Yes, I have that much faith in him as a debating person, he's that good. But yes, I know folks have their reservations. But I think this would still be a positive for his campaign. Example - even though I like her, should he have picked Palin, most would have seen it as a negative. Anyway, that's who I'm hoping for now, instead of Christie.

-----

Load up on popcorn: The Republican ticket may be poised to go to 11. According to numerous reports, Donald Trump is considering Newt Gingrich as his running mate. And as traffic-baiters like to say on the Internet: You won't believe what happens next!

But first I should come clean. I like Gingrich. My wife worked for him for several years.

Whatever his faults, the former House speaker — and architect of the "Republican Revolution" in 1994 — is a brilliant man with almost encyclopedic knowledge of political history and a grab bag of other topics as well. When John Boehner stepped down from the speakership last year, I proposed in this space that Gingrich serve as his temporary replacement.

I should also say that picking Gingrich could be a brilliant idea. Trump has said, admirably, that he wants someone who knows how Washington works. For good and for ill, Gingrich fits that bill. He understands the legislative process, knows everybody, and can navigate the vast ecosystem of lobbyists to his advantage. (Gingrich earned nearly $1.8 million from Freddie Mac serving as a consulting "historian.")

Gingrich may have mastered the language of taking on "the Washington elites," but being one has been his job description for nearly 30 years.

Over roughly the same period, I have to say, Gingrich foreshadowed Trumpism. In the 1990s, he used talk radio much the way Trump has exploited social media to get his message past the gatekeepers. In 2012, Gingrich leveraged the debates to dominate the news cycle like a force of nature, attacking — often with devastating efficacy — the presumptions and arrogance of the media.

Trump has made it clear that he's more interested in winning over disaffected Democrats than reluctant conservatives. Gingrich beat him to the punch there, too. Gingrich masterminded much of the GOP's attempt to push white working-class Democrats into the Republican column.

http://www.newsmax.com/JonahGoldberg/trump-gingrich-republican-vp/2016/07/06/id/737324/

crin63
07-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Newt neutered himself when he sat the couch with Pelosi to tell us we need to address climate change.

All it takes 1 really stupid move to wipe out a person's credibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Newt neutered himself when he sat the couch with Pelosi to tell us we need to address climate change.

I'm certainly not thrilled with those believing in man made climate change crap - and Johnson believes that too. The good news is that Trump is the only one that is against stating it's man made. So while I disagree with anyone who claims it's man made and the world will end in 10 more years, I don't think it does much harm.

Probably more harm from sitting down with that brain dead monster on his right. :)

fj1200
07-07-2016, 12:15 PM
They would be able to debate free trade between the two of them.

stephanie
07-07-2016, 12:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154

I had forgotten about that picture. man oh man, I like him, for he's tough and pretty straight forward. but damn that picture makes me now wonder. He should probably pick a woman and then watch the Democrat party with their LameLeftwing medias rip into her and maybe show their base just how much they care about. Womeeeeen folks. or a black person for the same reason I posted about a women.

ah heck now you went and done it.

good post, got me thinking about it.

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Sadly though, Newt is FAR from being the only rightie who believes in the climate change / man made crap. Apparently almost half of congressional republicans (as of last year) thought the same. Here is the list against at least. Being lazy with searches today, if accurate, that means 40+% think like Newt. :(

-----

Climate change is happening, humans are the cause, and a shocking number of congressional Republicans — over 56 percent — deny or question the science. CAP Action conducted a fresh analysis of public statements from current Representatives and Senators from the 114th Congress on climate change. Roll over any state on the map below for information on its resident climate science deniers, or click on the state to be taken to a new tab with full quotes and figures for each state.

All told, 170 elected representatives in the 114th Congress have taken over $63.8 million from the fossil fuel industry that’s driving the carbon emissions which cause climate change. They deny what over 97 percent of scientists say is happening — current human activity creates the greenhouse gas emissions that trap heat within the atmosphere and cause climate change. And their constituents are paying the price, with Americans across the nation suffering 500 climate-related national disaster declarations since 2011.

This list will be updated regularly.

ALABAMA

Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-AL-04): “I fall into the second group of people who believe, as do many very credible scientists, that the earth is currently in a natural warming cycle rather than a man-made climate change. Many scientists believe that natural cycles of warming and cooling have existed since the beginning of Earth. If we take the current models of climate prediction and apply those same models to what actually happened in the last thirty years, the models are shown to be very flawed. In addition, what knowledge we do have of a warming period in the Middle Ages cannot be explained by current models which are focused on greenhouse gas reductions.” [Daily Mountain Eagle Op-Ed, 12/13/10]

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL-05): “I’m also old enough to remember when the same left-wing part of our society was creating a global cooling scare in order to generate funds for their pet projects. So 30-some years ago the big scare was global cooling, and once they drained that [topic], they shifted to global warming. So I’m approaching the issue with a healthy degree of skepticism. If the evidence is there to prove it, then so be it.” [Science Insider, 2/9/11]

Rep. Gary Palmer (R-AL-06): “The science that shows we haven’t had a temperature increase in 17 or 18 years. The science that says global climate change is more a function of nature and solar activity than it is anything man does.” [RayComGroup, 7/18/14]

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL): Sen. Jeff Sessions was more than surprised when informed by Sen. Barbara Boxer that roughly 98 percent of climate scientists accepted that anthropogenic warming was real and serious — he was outraged:

SESSIONS: Madam Chairman, I am offended by that, I’m offended by that — I didn’t say anything about the scientists. I said the data shows [sic] it is not warming to the degree that a lot of people predicted, not close to that much…

BOXER: The conclusion that you’re coming to is shared by 1-2 percent of the scientists. You shouldn’t be offended by that. That’s the fact.

SESSIONS: I don’t believe that’s correct.

Rest of list here - http://billmoyers.com/2015/02/03/congress-climate-deniers/

Black Diamond
07-07-2016, 12:49 PM
It would be unlikely newt would do anything about the "problem"

crin63
07-07-2016, 02:05 PM
I'm certainly not thrilled with those believing in man made climate change crap - and Johnson believes that too. The good news is that Trump is the only one that is against stating it's man made. So while I disagree with anyone who claims it's man made and the world will end in 10 more years, I don't think it does much harm.

Probably more harm from sitting down with that brain dead monster on his right. :)

I had forgotten about that picture. man oh man, I like him, for he's tough and pretty straight forward. but damn that picture makes me now wonder. He should probably pick a woman and then watch the Democrat party with their LameLeftwing medias rip into her and maybe show their base just how much they care about. Womeeeeen folks. or a black person for the same reason I posted about a women.

ah heck now you went and done it.

good post, got me thinking about it.

I greatly admired Newt during his time as speaker of the house. All that was erased when he sat on the couch with Pelosi. I don't trust him anymore. When someone gives aid and comfort to the enemy they are a traitor, someone not to be trusted (genuine repentance aside).

I guess I better be careful since Trump is guilty of the same. On 2nd thought, they would make a good team. :poke:

Kathianne
07-07-2016, 05:29 PM
From what I've seen in the past 12 hours or so, looks like Gingrich. Then again, who knows?