PDA

View Full Version : Comey challenges truthfulness of Clinton's email defenses

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 11:39 AM
FBI Director James Comey confirmed on Thursday that some of Hillary Clinton's statements and explanations about her email server to the House Benghazi Committee last October were not true, as evidenced by the bureau's investigation into whether she mishandled classified information.

During an extended exchange with Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), Comey affirmed that the FBI's investigation found information marked classified on her server even after Clinton had said that she had neither sent nor received any items marked classified.

"That is not true," Comey said. "There were a small number of portion markings on, I think, three of the documents."

Asked whether Clinton's testimony that she did not email "any classified material to anyone on my email" and "there is no classified material" was true, Comey responded, "No, there was classified material emailed."

"Secretary Clinton said she used one device. Was that true?" Gowdy asked, to which Comey answered, "She used multiple devices during the four years of her term as secretary of state."

Gowdy then asked whether it was true that Clinton, as she said, returned all work-related emails to the State Department.

"No, we found work-related emails, thousands that were not returned," Comey said.

"Secretary Clinton said neither she or anyone else deleted work-related emails from her personal account. Was that true?" Gowdy asked.

"That's a harder one to answer," Comey responded. "We found traces of work-related emails in, on devices or in slack space. Whether they were deleted or whether when a server changed out something happened to them, there is no doubt that the work-related emails that were removed electronically from the email system."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-comey-testimony/2016/07/clinton-untrue-statements-fbi-comey-225216

hjmick
07-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Gowdy is a pitbull...

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Gowdy is a pitbull...

I love watching him questioning! He's always VERY well prepared, VERY well spoken and will nail you to the wall!

Elessar
07-07-2016, 12:54 PM
It is simple as I have stated before.

If one sentence is preceded by these symbols, then the whole document is classified:

(C) Indicates Confidential;
(S) Indicates Secret;
(TS) Indicates Top Secret.

Add to that is FOUO which means For Official Use Only and is NOT to be re-transmitted except by
permission of the originator.

Then there are some labeled "Sensitive" from a particular agency, and like FOUO, is Not to be
released without permission.

Let Gowdy rip him a new asshole!