PDA

View Full Version : And the Best City in the World... THE WORLD... is...

hjmick
07-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Charleston, South Carolina.

As voted by the readers of Travel & Leisure magazine...

Travel & Leisure names Charleston, South Carolina, World's Best City (http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/travel-plus-leisure-names-charleston-south-carolina-worlds-best-city/ar-BBu2uCb)

And on the list of World's Best Islands? Sandwiched between Maui and Kauai at #8 is Hilton Head. Hilton Head is also in SOUTH CAROLINA!

I gotta say, I lived in Ohio, Texas, California for 34 years, New Mexico for 3, and now the Charleston area for 4, and this may be my favorite of them all. The only other place I might consider living at this point in my life is Alaska. Sadly, the missus doesn't favor the cold...

jimnyc
07-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Charleston, South Carolina.

As voted by the readers of Travel & Leisure magazine...

Travel & Leisure names Charleston, South Carolina, World's Best City (http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/travel-plus-leisure-names-charleston-south-carolina-worlds-best-city/ar-BBu2uCb)

And on the list of World's Best Islands? Sandwiched between Maui and Kauai at #8 is Hilton Head. Hilton Head is also in SOUTH CAROLINA!

I gotta say, I lived in Ohio, Texas, California for 34 years, New Mexico for 3, and now the Charleston area for 4, and this may be my favorite of them all. The only other place I might consider living at this point in my life is Alaska. Sadly, the missus doesn't favor the cold...

Visited Charleston a ton and love it!! And I've been at a shore house a couple of times in Hilton Head and loved that too!

hjmick
07-07-2016, 01:24 PM
See there folks? if poopaphobic thinks it's a great place, it must be!

The First Annual Meeting of Debate Politics-aholics shall be in Charleston! At one of our many local breweries!

fj1200
07-07-2016, 01:25 PM
See there folks? if poopaphobic thinks it's a great place, it must be!

The First Annual Meeting of Debate Politics-aholics shall be in Charleston! At one of our many local breweries!

One that brews root beer please.

hjmick
07-07-2016, 01:29 PM

I think there is one... I'll have to visit them all to find it...

fj1200
07-08-2016, 08:01 AM
I think there is one... I'll have to visit them all to find it...

Good God man; what are you waiting for?!?

Black Diamond
07-08-2016, 09:35 AM

Not your father's root beer :cool:

Black Diamond
07-08-2016, 09:36 AM
hjmick. Is Charleston better than Savannah ? In your opinion.

hjmick
07-08-2016, 11:01 AM
@hjmick (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=208). Is Charleston better than Savannah ? In your opinion.

Sadly I have not yet made it down to Savannah. My gut tells me they are probably equal, though those I talk to and all I've read indicates Savannah is one of the most beautiful cities around. I hope to head down there this fall, after the humidity breaks...

fj1200
07-09-2016, 03:04 PM
@hjmick (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=208). Is Charleston better than Savannah ? In your opinion.

Sadly I have not yet made it down to Savannah. My gut tells me they are probably equal, though those I talk to and all I've read indicates Savannah is one of the most beautiful cities around. I hope to head down there this fall, after the humidity breaks...

I've only been to Charleston once but Savannah a number of times and I would give the nod to Savannah if you compare the historic districts. If you compare more of the area then I'd probably give the nod to Charleston. Savannah does not have an aircraft carrier. :eek:

Black Diamond
08-03-2016, 06:06 PM
I've only been to Charleston once but Savannah a number of times and I would give the nod to Savannah if you compare the historic districts. If you compare more of the area then I'd probably give the nod to Charleston. Savannah does not have an aircraft carrier. :eek:

fj1200.

Took the wife to Savannah over the weekend for her 40th. Cool town for weekend getaways. Lots of history and old buildings. And we got to meet Paula Deen. :)