PDA

View Full Version : Trump finally made a smart move

crin63
07-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Trump and Cruz finally had a sit-down. Smart move on Trump's part, finally. Cruz has enough delegates that they were going to force Trump to let Cruz speak at the convention. It sounds like its getting to close to sending the whole thing to convention floor so candidates can battle it out. Trump better start mending fences and courting conservatives.

[QUOTE]HOUSTON, Texas – Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier issued the following statement regarding the meeting between U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Donald Trump this morning:
“Sen. Cruz and Donald Trump had a good meeting this morning. There was no discussion of any endorsement. Mr. Trump asked Sen. Cruz to speak at the Republican convention, and Sen. Cruz said he would be happy to do so. Mr. Trump also asked Sen. Cruz for his counsel on future judicial nominations, and Cruz responded he would continue to do everything he can to help ensure principled constitutionalists on the courts."/QUOTE]

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/07/07/breaking-ted-cruz-camp-issues-statement-private-trump-meeting-endorsement-rumors-speaking-convention/

Kathianne
07-07-2016, 08:47 PM
I think he's been very clear as have many supporters that they don't need 'fake conservatives,' they'll win BIG without them. Indeed, many promise to punish those that voted against him if he wins and blame them if he loses.

He doesn't want unity, I can nearly respect that.

namvet
07-08-2016, 10:50 AM
the GOP is gonna put Hitlery in. take it to the bank

crin63
07-08-2016, 11:26 AM
I keep reading that Trump only has 900 delegates that will support him at the convention. Not enough to carry the nomination.

Black Diamond
07-08-2016, 12:32 PM
I keep reading that Trump only has 900 delegates that will support him at the convention. Not enough to carry the nomination.

Um... he has over 1500. These are bound delegates. You support changing the rules until you get the result you want.

And if Cruz is going to show up to Cleveland and give speeches about how Hillary needs to lose, I'm all for him making an appearance. If he's there to say "NeverTrump", he can go fuck himself.

Elessar
07-08-2016, 12:40 PM
I think, myself, that some folks fail to understand disagreements between adults are natural.
They may become personal, Yes. But that does not mean there is hatred involved.

I disagree with a few folks here (not going to name-drop), but that does not mean I hate them.

A face to face out in the real world might prove to be delightful in many instances unless
threats have been demonstrated.

Black Diamond
07-08-2016, 12:45 PM
I think, myself, that some folks fail to understand disagreements between adults are natural.
They may become personal, Yes. But that does not mean there is hatred involved.

I disagree with a few folks here (not going to name-drop), but that does not mean I hate them.

A face to face out in the real world might prove to be delightful in many instances unless
threats have been demonstrated.

Hmm. Did I or someone else make threats ?? I'll buy you a beer anytime :)

Black Diamond
07-08-2016, 12:45 PM

And crin too.

Elessar
07-08-2016, 01:00 PM

Of course you nor any others here did not.

But I sure as hell saw and got a lot in other forums where I was a Mod or Admin. Childishness
as far as I am concerned.:beer:

crin63
07-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Um... he has over 1500. These are bound delegates. You support changing the rules until you get the result you want.

And if Cruz is going to show up to Cleveland and give speeches about how Hillary needs to lose, I'm all for him making an appearance. If he's there to say "NeverTrump", he can go fuck himself.

I've been clear about my position. I hope Trump walks away from the convention without the nomination but that was not my point.

My point is that Trump needs to start courting delegates and Conservatives to get them to vote for him. That was a good first step for him. That he was trying to keep Cruz from speaking at the convention was not going to do it. Trump has a long way to go mending fences with Conservatives if he wants to get their votes.

I follow several of people who talk to delegates and have delegates contact them. They say that only about 900 are actually bound. They're also saying the rules committee is 6 votes away from putting the nomination out on the floor of the convention for the all the delegates to vote for a nominee.