PDA

View Full Version : 10 Dallas cops shot, at least 3 cops dead.

Black Diamond
07-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Yikes.

Black Diamond
07-07-2016, 10:56 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/07/07/report-cops-shot-dallas-protest/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon#

Black Diamond
07-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Suspect has reportedly turned himself in.

Abbey Marie
07-07-2016, 11:55 PM
I just saw video of a shooter gunning down a police officer. Not something I ever expected to see. It's so hard to see such a thing.

Kathianne
07-08-2016, 05:15 AM
Just woke to this news. Something is going to give, civilization perhaps? This was planned and didn't come from the people that were peacefully protesting.

stephanie
07-08-2016, 06:54 AM
All during the DNCs goon squad (those so peaceful BLM who should be labeled, domestic terrorist) out there protesting. and you voted for this. ?

why should we NOT expect these incidents. Here is your dear leader trying to calm things down in the country.

snip:
A History Of Obama’s Violent Rhetoric
1. “Whose Ass To Kick”

Obama got very defensive when questioned about his inaction on the BP oil spill during an interview for American television on June 7, 2010 and said the following:

all of them here:
http://www.therightperspective.org/2010/06/12/a-history-of-obamas-violent-rhetoric/

namvet
07-08-2016, 09:28 AM
SOS different day

Black Diamond
07-08-2016, 09:49 AM
SOS different day

Only in that Obama is blaming guns.

namvet
07-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Only in that Obama is blaming guns.

who give a shit what a retarded nigger thinks

Elessar
07-08-2016, 01:28 PM
As usual, Obama blames the instrument used and not the intent of the one operating it.

From The Patriot Post:

http://The horrific news from Dallas this morning is that five police officers were murdered at a "Black Lives Matter" protest. As we go to press, the only officer to be identified is Brent Thompson of Dallas Area Rapid Transit, who had just married another officer two weeks ago. Seven more officers were wounded, as were several other people.
The protesters were gathered to object to two fatal police encounters this week, in which black men were killed. With Dallas police serving as crowd control, four suspects opened fire on them, at least two reportedly from "ambush-style" sniper positions. One suspect was killed after a standoff, and three others have been detained. Dallas Police Chief David Brown said one assailant told authorities "he was upset about the recent police shootings" and "wanted to kill white people, especially white officers."

While in Warsaw for a NATO summit, Barack Obama weighed in, offering condolences, praising police and Black Lives Matter protesters. He then pivoted to — what else — gun control, saying, "When people are armed with powerful weapons, unfortunately it makes attacks like these more deadly and more tragic and we're going to have to consider those realities as well."
If bad guys killing cops is a "gun problem," why is police shooting too many people racism? Regarding Obama's predictable political pivot shifting blame to "powerful weapons," the most powerful weapon is his political rhetoric, dividing instead of uniting America on every issue.
Indeed, in his remarks about Dallas, Obama echoed his "racial disparity in the justice system" diatribe from just hours earlier, when Obama called police shootings earlier in the week "symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system." He rattled off some horrible-sounding statistics to prove his point. Only then did he offer faint praise. "Now let me just say that we have extraordinary appreciation and respect for the vast majority of police officers who put their line on the lives every day." And as soon as he'd said that, he reiterated that he put together a "task force" to look into racist policing practices.

He slammed jurisdictions that had not yet adopted its recommendations. That was the stage he set when it came time to express condolences after Dallas.
We're sure police would welcome his support if it was authentic. But Obama, Hillary Clinton and their fellow NeoComs perpetuate the urban poverty plantations where 95% of our nation's violence occurs, then paint all cops as "racist" after there are deadly confrontations with the Demos' gang-banger constituency. In turn, that results in the murder of law enforcement officers. And by the way, we're waiting on Obama's order to lower flags to half-mast.

A final thought and the bottom line: The people responsible for these murders are the murderers themselves. (http://The horrific news from Dallas this morning is that five police officers were murdered at a "Black Lives Matter" protest. As we go to press, the only officer to be identified is Brent Thompson of Dallas Area Rapid Transit, who had just married another officer two weeks ago. Seven more officers were wounded, as were several other people. The protesters were gathered to object to two fatal police encounters this week, in which black men were killed. With Dallas police serving as crowd control, four suspects opened fire on them, at least two reportedly from "ambush-style" sniper positions. One suspect was killed after a standoff, and three others have been detained. Dallas Police Chief David Brown said one assailant told authorities "he was upset about the recent police shootings" and "wanted to kill white people, especially white officers."While in Warsaw for a NATO summit, Barack Obama weighed in, offering condolences, praising police and Black Lives Matter protesters. He then pivoted to — what else — gun control, saying, "When people are armed with powerful weapons, unfortunately it makes attacks like these more deadly and more tragic and we're going to have to consider those realities as well."If bad guys killing cops is a "gun problem," why is police shooting too many people racism? Regarding Obama's predictable political pivot shifting blame to "powerful weapons," the most powerful weapon is his political rhetoric, dividing instead of uniting America on every issue.Indeed, in his remarks about Dallas, Obama echoed his "racial disparity in the justice system" diatribe from just hours earlier, when Obama called police shootings earlier in the week "symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system." He rattled off some horrible-sounding statistics to prove his point.Only then did he offer faint praise. "Now let me just say that we have extraordinary appreciation and respect for the vast majority of police officers who put their line on the lives every day."And as soon as he'd said that, he reiterated that he put together a "task force" to look into racist policing practices. He slammed jurisdictions that had not yet adopted its recommendations.That was the stage he set when it came time to express condolences after Dallas. We're sure police would welcome his support if it was authentic. But Obama, Hillary Clinton and their fellow NeoComs perpetuate the urban poverty plantations where 95% of our nation's violence occurs, then paint all cops as "racist" after there are deadly confrontations with the Demos' gang-banger constituency. In turn, that results in the murder of law enforcement officers. And by the way, we're waiting on Obama's order to lower flags to half-mast.A final thought and the bottom line: The people responsible for these murders are the murderers themselves.)

KarlMarx
07-09-2016, 11:14 AM
We have a professional troublemaker as commander in chief, a criminal enabler as the Attorney General, neither who is dedicated to the idea of rule of law, and both praising a movement (BLM) that was founded on the hatred of the police.

Should anyone be surprised at what happened?

Both of those clowns are encouraging the BLM folks to continue with their "struggle".... against who? The police?

The reason why this country is in the shape it's in is 100% due to the fact that Obama and his band of Marxist goons are running things.

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 11:19 AM
We have a professional troublemaker as commander in chief, a criminal enabler as the Attorney General, neither who is dedicated to the idea of rule of law, and both praising a movement (BLM) that was founded on the hatred of the police.

Should anyone be surprised at what happened?

Both of those clowns are encouraging the BLM folks to continue with their "struggle".... against who? The police?

The reason why this country is in the shape it's in is 100% due to the fact that Obama and his band of Marxist goons are running things.
I worry that Dallas is just the beginning.

jimnyc
07-09-2016, 12:12 PM
And more cop shootings around the country as well. One in Georgia and I forget where the other was, where someone called 911 and ambushed the cop. Hillary is telling whites we need to listen more to the blacks, and to change our ways. New Black Panthers are calling for more violence and deaths. This whole thing is a shame. And I shake my head seeing that so many around the country are supporting and/or applauding these events. The good thing is, I do see a lot of folks also coming out of all of this looking for it all to stop. Shooting innocent cops is not the answer though.

I like Trump's response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkIKoCpJZ7c

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 12:17 PM
And more cop shootings around the country as well. One in Georgia and I forget where the other was, where someone called 911 and ambushed the cop. Hillary is telling whites we need to listen more to the blacks, and to change our ways. New Black Panthers are calling for more violence and deaths. This whole thing is a shame. And I shake my head seeing that so many around the country are supporting and/or applauding these events. The good thing is, I do see a lot of folks also coming out of all of this looking for it all to stop. Shooting innocent cops is not the answer though.

I like Trump's response.

Missouri traffic stop. Shot the cop in the back 3 times.

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Phoenix protestors yelling at police "we should shoot you".

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Obama didn't mention the slain cops by name, but mentioned the dead blacks from Minnesota and baton rouge.

Gunny
07-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Obama didn't mention the slain cops by name, but mentioned the dead blacks from Minnesota and baton rouge.

He's a POS. Same as Shitlery apologizing for whites. Anyone that votes for her is just a complete dumbass in my book.

Obama's just blaming the guns. When are leftwingers going to look at the fact that is they who promote this behavior? When was the last unjustifiable shooting by a white, gun-owning citizen against these dumbasses? Never hear about those, do we? Who wants to report a righteous shooting.

Not in the agenda.

Elessar
07-09-2016, 01:22 PM
He's a POS. Same as Shitlery apologizing for whites. Anyone that votes for her is just a complete dumbass in my book.

Obama's just blaming the guns. When are leftwingers going to look at the fact that is they who promote this behavior? When was the last unjustifiable shooting by a white, gun-owning citizen against these dumbasses? Never hear about those, do we? Who wants to report a righteous shooting.

Not in the agenda.

...and this racial domestic divide has been fomenting ever since Obama took office.
Empower the radicals, disparage police and L.E. for doing their jobs; they are human, too...subject to
emotion and burdened with having to make split second decisions that they are trained to not like.

The sooner the liberals are shoved aside, the better.

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 01:29 PM
...and this racial domestic divide has been fomenting ever since Obama took office.
Empower the radicals, disparage police and L.E. for doing their jobs; they are human, too...subject to
emotion and burdened with having to make split second decisions that they are trained to not like.

Liberals keep saying the killings of cops by BLM are rare, but the don't say the questionable killings of blacks by cops are rare.

Gunny
07-09-2016, 01:30 PM

I used to try to figure out people who know nothing about killing trying to be experts on it. They act like the people that have to do it go home and right to bed without missing a beat. I'd call someone that did a sociopath.

I feel sorry for the cops. And I don't even like cops. But I understand their position. Not once have I heard one of these MSM puppets as a cop involved in a shooting how he sleeps at nigh. How's the family?

Elessar
07-09-2016, 01:43 PM
I used to try to figure out people who know nothing about killing trying to be experts on it. They act like the people that have to do it go home and right to bed without missing a beat. I'd call someone that did a sociopath.

I feel sorry for the cops. And I don't even like cops. But I understand their position. Not once have I heard one of these MSM puppets as a cop involved in a shooting how he sleeps at nigh. How's the family?

I like Cops. I had to work with many over the years. I encountered a couple of crooked ones, but compare that
to military people as well. There are some rotten apples in every barrel.

Just like you front-line guys, these officers have to try and lay their heads down at night (or day)
and wake up to face the next assignment. I regretted cases with loss of life. Many times it
was senseless due to ignorance and poor judgement on the part of the individual vicitim. Rarely was
it due to my shipmate's neglect or attention to mission.

Cops and ground pounders have it a bit different, I know. But the same empathy applies to them
from me.

Elessar
07-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Eureka CA Police Department pipes in to offer representation for the slain officers:

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2016/jul/8/eureka-police-respond-dallas-shootings-offering-of/

Gunny
07-09-2016, 04:02 PM
I like Cops. I had to work with many over the years. I encountered a couple of crooked ones, but compare that
to military people as well. There are some rotten apples in every barrel.

Just like you front-line guys, these officers have to try and lay their heads down at night (or day)
and wake up to face the next assignment. I regretted cases with loss of life. Many times it
was senseless due to ignorance and poor judgement on the part of the individual vicitim. Rarely was
it due to my shipmate's neglect or attention to mission.

Cops and ground pounders have it a bit different, I know. But the same empathy applies to them
from me.

Eureka CA Police Department pipes in to offer representation for the slain officers:

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2016/jul/8/eureka-police-respond-dallas-shootings-offering-of/

You and I have a different experience with police. When I lived in Miami as a teen I WAS your enemy.

I grew up. I understand the job. I feel for the families because I had to talk to more than one.

jimnyc
07-09-2016, 04:51 PM
A little bit of my faith has been restored. :)

And of course not from leaders, just from regular every day folks coming from a prayer service. We need more of this.

Crowds Line Up To Hug Police Officers In Dallas After Prayer Service

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/96273" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 05:04 PM

And of course not from leaders, just from regular every day folks coming from a prayer service. We need more of this.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/96273" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
Unfortunate it doesn't come from leaders as well but i agree with you

Gunny
07-09-2016, 05:10 PM

<iframe src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/96273" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

People are such idiots. You picked the damned state, BLM idiots. When Charles Whitman shot those people from the UT tower there were more rednecks with guns than cops and a damned redneck helped kill the f*cker.

I never get this crap. You come f*cking around in Texas, someone WILL draw down on your ass. If we don't kill you, the state will. What part of THAT don't these dipshit criminals understand?

Geez,if I was going to be a damned criminal I'm looking for states that don't have the damned death penalty. But they're ALWAYS in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, FL, GA and AL. Just WTF do you think is going to happen to you?

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 05:27 PM
People are such idiots. You picked the damned state, BLM idiots. When Charles Whitman shot those people from the UT tower there were more rednecks with guns than cops and a damned redneck helped kill the f*cker.

I never get this crap. You come f*cking around in Texas, someone WILL draw down on your ass. If we don't kill you, the state will. What part of THAT don't these dipshit criminals understand?

Geez,if I was going to be a damned criminal I'm looking for states that don't have the damned death penalty. But they're ALWAYS in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, FL, GA and AL. Just WTF do you think is going to happen to you?
Ride the lighting bitches

The other thing is Obama could start by telling these jerks to stop. If guns were outlawed tomorrow, niggers would still be shooting cops, in part because Obama doesn't tell them to stop.

jimnyc
07-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Has anyone mentioned that this dirtbag was a member of the new black panthers? And that of course they are calling more more? I don't understand how that group is able to exist.

Gunny
07-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Has anyone mentioned that this dirtbag was a member of the new black panthers? And that of course they are calling more more? I don't understand how that group is able to exist.

These goofs? Black Panthers? Pffft. These chumps wouldn't have lasted a minute in the 60s. I am by NO means a proponent of the Black Panthers. But they didn't run around just murdering people.

What O-blah-blah WON'T say is this is racist. And it ain't white racism. This is an idiot with a gun. And as I said before I got back online, no way one shooter did that.

Where's the outcry when white officers are murdered? I don't see any rioting nor looting. I see a lot of sorrow and a bunch of wimpy lefties apologizing for being white.

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Dallas police headquarters now on lockdown.

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 06:39 PM
An anonymous threat was issued. Swat teams sweeping parking garage

Gunny
07-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Dallas police headquarters now on lockdown.

You got love us Texans though. You journalists get the f*ck out. And we didn't get the O-blah-blah memo on no tactical gear. :grenade:

Kathianne
07-09-2016, 07:10 PM
I've been very impressed with the department, they seem very much deserving of their reputation.

Black Diamond
07-09-2016, 07:21 PM
I've been very impressed with the department, they seem very much deserving of their reputation.
I like the police chief. He said what Obama won't.

Gunny
07-09-2016, 07:39 PM

Note the contrast between Philly and Dallas. The former burned and looted their own neighborhood. The latter had a memorial service.

KarlMarx
07-10-2016, 06:37 AM
I think people are getting damned tired of the insinuations that they are racists by BLM and the Obama Administration. I think most people believe this is a good country. I am hoping that the outcome of the email scandal and these senseless shootings will spell the end of any chance for a Democratic victory on the fall.

I want to hope it spells the end of the Clintons but that might be too much to ask for

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 10:13 AM

Me too, the chief seemed as professional as possible when dealing with 11 of his officers being down.

I just read about this officer. His son shot a cop the year he was made chief, and the son was killed as well. I think his brother was killed too. He's been through much, but came out on top.

Kathianne
07-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Me too, the chief seemed as professional as possible when dealing with 11 of his officers being down.

I just read about this officer. His son shot a cop the year he was made chief, and the son was killed as well. I think his brother was killed too. He's been through much, but came out on top.
Watched him this morning on CNN w/Tapper. Very impressive.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 10:22 AM
I just spent a great length of time this morning with my friend who is a sergeant in the next town over from me, but is literally like a mile away. He was an officer in NYC for awhile and now here in Westchester County. He's former Army as well. He's old enough to have seen racial issues from the original Black Panther group many years back. He DID say he sees both sides of the issue. He also thinks leaders, starting from the top, are wrongly addressing things in the past few years. In his own words - division.

Alton Sterling
Philando Castile

Have you heard these names this past week? These are the names of the 2 guys shot by police. How many of the 11 police officers that were shot can you name?

And some assholes around the 'net are complaining that they should have continued to talk to the nice guy, he had "rights" too, and it was WRONG to blow him up.

That's right, tied 3/4 of a lb of C4 to the nice little robot and sent it to talk to this scumbag. Instead of saying hello, it said *BOOM*.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Watched him this morning on CNN w/Tapper. Very impressive.

The first few times he addressed the media, you could see the emotion in him, as if he was going to cry. Not like a baby of course, but you could see the entire thing shocked him.

Black Diamond
07-10-2016, 10:25 AM
I just spent a great length of time this morning with my friend who is a sergeant in the next town over from me, but is literally like a mile away. He was an officer in NYC for awhile and now here in Westchester County. He's former Army as well. He's old enough to have seen racial issues from the original Black Panther group many years back. He DID say he sees both sides of the issue. He also thinks leaders, starting from the top, are wrongly addressing things in the past few years. In his own words - division.

Alton Sterling
Philando Castile

Have you heard these names this past week? These are the names of the 2 guys shot by police. How many of the 11 police officers that were shot can you name?

And some assholes around the 'net are complaining that they should have continued to talk to the nice guy, he had "rights" too, and it was WRONG to blow him up.

That's right, tied 3/4 of a lb of C4 to the nice little robot and sent it to talk to this scumbag. Instead of saying hello, it said *BOOM*.

Obama should have memorized their names for his press conference yesterday.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Obama should have memorized their names for his press conference yesterday.

Killed in the line of duty, trying to protect citizens from some of those very bullets, doing absolutely nothing wrong themselves. They are heroes in my opinion.

This is one of those worthy of being honored, although I admit he shouldn't be dead either. I'm just pointing out that the Prez mentions names of folks like this, and not the same for heroes in the line of duty.

Ok- can't find the image. This man is a member of the Crips gang, and has an arrest record from the tip of my head to my toes. He was carrying a gun.

Black Diamond
07-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Killed in the line of duty, trying to protect citizens from some of those very bullets, doing absolutely nothing wrong themselves. They are heroes in my opinion.

This is one of those worthy of being honored, although I admit he shouldn't be dead either. I'm just pointing out that the Prez mentions names of folks like this, and not the same for heroes in the line of duty.

Ok- can't find the image. This man is a member of the Crips gang, and has an arrest record from the tip of my head to my toes. He was carrying a gun.

I think we are on the same page. I thought Obama's press conference was discpicable.

Gunny
07-10-2016, 11:41 AM

There's that word. I doubt one of them considered themselves heroes. I hate it when people overuse and misuse it. Not saying you aren't sincere, but when you use a word to death it loses its meaning.

I hate hearing "thanks for your service" from some insincere jerkoff in the grocery store who doesn't know me from Adam. And I don't like being called a hero. I bet these cops who died doing their jobs would tell you just that if they could.

They stand in the line of fire and our illustrious non-CinC has made them targets with his racism and rhetoric. If you're a white cop, it's the gun's fault. If you're a black shot by a whte cop committing a crime, it's racism.

I'm waiting for an official report. Also heard he's a meth-head.

Black Diamond
07-10-2016, 11:56 AM
There's that word. I doubt one of them considered themselves heroes. I hate it when people overuse and misuse it. Not saying you aren't sincere, but when you use a word to death it loses its meaning.

I hate hearing "thanks for your service" from some insincere jerkoff in the grocery store who doesn't know me from Adam. And I don't like being called a hero. I bet these cops who died doing their jobs would tell you just that if they could.

They stand in the line of fire and our illustrious non-CinC has made them targets with his racism and rhetoric. If you're a white cop, it's the gun's fault. If you're a black shot by a whte cop committing a crime, it's racism.

There's something heroic about shielding people from gunfire. If a civilian did that, they'd be called hero too. cops and servicemen and women get pissed on. It takes shit like this to wake people up.

Question is, how long before they go back to sleep.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 12:01 PM

I say it in this instance as I'm to understand that many of them were dodging bullets and running into the line of fire - while trying to get citizens out of harms way. That IS a hero in my book. :)

Gunny
07-10-2016, 12:17 PM
There's something heroic about shielding people from gunfire. If a civilian did that, they'd be called hero too. cops and servicemen and women get pissed on. It takes shit like this to wake people up.

Question is, how long before they go back to sleep.

"Bout as long as it takes the media to quit beating this dead horse and move on to another one. The MO is the same. They're as predictable as an Arab waterboy. People don't look at what they don't want to see.

I personally don't like cheapening words. If everybody's a "hero", what word comes next? I'm not a "hero" for doing my job. What I signed up to do. Putting on that uniform doesn't make me special. I've seen electricians do some amazing sh*t that was far more dangerous than getting shot at.

I'm not disrespecting anyone involved here. Just the misuse of the word. It's become so ingrained in our society over the last 15 years it's second nature. But then what do you call a real hero? What's the next level? Someone who stands above the rest?

Like the mom who took a bullet to protect her kids? THAT to me is a hero. She laid on her child for over 5 minutes before anyone got to her. But SHE was willing to take that bullet to protect her own.

Abbey Marie
07-11-2016, 11:08 PM
I am wondering what revelarts and indago have to say about the Dallas shootings...

Abbey Marie
07-11-2016, 11:11 PM
George W. would have been there comforting the families.

Black Diamond
07-11-2016, 11:17 PM
George W. would have been there comforting the families.

I'm guessing he would have gone to some funerals?

Elessar
07-12-2016, 12:16 AM
I am wondering what @revelarts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1760) and @indago (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3381) have to say about the Dallas shootings...

The silence from them is deafening. Likely searching for quotes excusing the actions of this person.

Black Diamond
07-12-2016, 01:17 AM
The silence from them is deafening. Likely searching for quotes excusing the actions of this person.

Standing with the President , possibly??

Gunny
07-12-2016, 08:19 AM

Not sure what's up with rev. he's been on. Must be busy or something. A few others think their 2 posts once a week being missing is some form of protest. :laugh:

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 10:13 AM
I am wondering what @revelarts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1760) and @indago (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3381) have to say about the Dallas shootings...

I have zero doubt that Rev will condemn the shootings. Still odd that he's been so quiet. But I don't think it's quiet on this, he's been quiet on everything.

sundaydriver
07-12-2016, 11:57 AM
I like Trump's response.

Trump finally listened to someone when he was told to shut up, face the camera, and just read what we wrote for ya.

namvet
07-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Hitlery blames all us white folks and the cops

Gunny
07-12-2016, 02:59 PM
I have zero doubt that Rev will condemn the shootings. Still odd that he's been so quiet. But I don't think it's quiet on this, he's been quiet on everything.

He was on yesterday, so who knows? I argue with rev, but I don't dislike him. Probably busy or maybe just tired and needs a break.

Abbey Marie
07-12-2016, 04:26 PM
He was on yesterday, so who knows? I argue with rev, but I don't dislike him. Probably busy or maybe just tired and needs a break.

Rev's cool, and I like and respect him a lot.

Kathianne
07-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Rev's cool, and I like and respect him a lot.
Agree, he's one of my favorite posters. He takes a lot of gruff just because others disagree with him, but he nearly always backs up what he says. Others should attempt to refute his points or his 'facts' with others, rather than knocking him.

Gunny
07-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Agree, he's one of my favorite posters. He takes a lot of gruff just because others disagree with him, but he nearly always backs up what he says. Others should attempt to refute his points or his 'facts' with others, rather than knocking him.

I just like getting in his ass. :laugh: But I do that to everyone. It is not personal though. I'm usually laughing when I post.

Rev has a posting style I don't like. In all fairness, I've gotten on Jim about doing the same thing. I quit picking apart pundit's novels 10 years ago because it means nothing. You pick it apart and you get a two word response. I'm not investing my time for a 2 word response.

If this is a board issue he needs to address the staff so we know what it is. If it's a personal issue, we'll just have to ride the lightening until he comes back.

Black Diamond
07-12-2016, 05:33 PM
I just like getting in his ass. :laugh: But I do that to everyone. It is not personal though. I'm usually laughing when I post.

Rev has a posting style I don't like. In all fairness, I've gotten on Jim about doing the same thing. I quit picking apart pundit's novels 10 years ago because it means nothing. You pick it apart and you get a two word response. I'm not investing my time for a 2 word response.

If this is a board issue he needs to address the staff so we know what it is. If it's a personal issue, we'll just have to ride the lightening until he comes back.
You seem preoccupied with electrocution :).

Black Diamond
07-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Rev has never been one to run from controversy.

Gunny
07-12-2016, 05:56 PM
You seem preoccupied with electrocution :).

My grandfather was an electrician. Once I retired frome the Corps, I became one too. It's about the worlds we live in. I treat electricity the same as I do live ammo and weapons.

I don't fear electricity. I respect it. Same with live ammo and weapons.

Black Diamond
07-12-2016, 06:12 PM
My grandfather was an electrician. Once I retired frome the Corps, I became one too. It's about the worlds we live in. I treat electricity the same as I do live ammo and weapons.

I don't fear electricity. I respect it. Same with live ammo and weapons.
How often do you use the term 480?

Gunny
07-12-2016, 06:17 PM
How often do you use the term 480?

Not sure. 480 is a combined 3 phase 277 volt power output. It works on a "Y" leg. A two phase doesn't operated the same way and has a high leg.

Elessar
07-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Not sure what's up with rev. he's been on. Must be busy or something. A few others think their 2 posts once a week being missing is some form of protest. :laugh:

I have to be clear. I do not dislike him - that is not possible since I have never
met him personally.

just some of the baffling posting style that is annoying: Say what YOU mean
and not use cut and paste quotes.

Kathianne
07-12-2016, 06:58 PM
My opinion is just as costly as others. ;) If one doesn't like another's 'style' scroll past, at least that's what I do. If they're too long or you don't want to link chase, ignore.

IMO it's wrong to slam someone's opinion on a discussion board, without reading what they're saying. Some say it with their own words, others combine with links or cut and paste. Some just post links. Read what you like, the styles you like. Comment on those you agree or disagree with for substance, not style.

Abbey Marie
07-12-2016, 08:00 PM
My opinion is just as costly as others. ;) If one doesn't like another's 'style' scroll past, at least that's what I do. If they're too long or you don't want to link chase, ignore.

IMO it's wrong to slam someone's opinion on a discussion board, without reading what they're saying. Some say it with their own words, others combine with links or cut and paste. Some just post links. Read what you like, the styles you like. Comment on those you agree or disagree with for substance, not style.

We have had people here criticized for too many posts, too few posts, too many links, too many words, not enough words, etc., etc. Excellent advice- read what you want, skip what you don't like stylistically.

Gunny
07-13-2016, 12:32 PM

We have had people here criticized for too many posts, too few posts, too many links, too many words, not enough words, etc., etc. Excellent advice- read what you want, skip what you don't like stylistically.

Y'all womens is taking this the wrong way. I'm sure there are more than a few people that don't like what I post. It's a personal opinion. I :poke: at everyone about everything. I was just wondering where he's been. How people post is their business. I have no problem with rev.

BUT ... I DON'T come on here to hold hands and sing Kumbya. :laugh:

Kathianne
07-13-2016, 12:35 PM
Y'all womens is taking this the wrong way. I'm sure there are more than a few people that don't like what I post. It's a personal opinion. I :poke: at everyone about everything. I was just wondering where he's been. How people post is their business. I have no problem with rev.

BUT ... I DON'T come on here to hold hands and sing Kumbya. :laugh:

Me neither. There's lots of times I've told a poster in pm that they might try something a bit different, especially if they really seem to want to be 'heard.' However, there comes a time that their style just isn't what I want to read, so wa la, I just skim by. Nothing to be done, by them or myself. I feel no push to make others feel the same as I or gang up on something that is MY personal opinion.

Elessar
07-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Me neither. There's lots of times I've told a poster in pm that they might try something a bit different, especially if they really seem to want to be 'heard.' However, there comes a time that their style just isn't what I want to read, so wa la, I just skim by. Nothing to be done, by them or myself. I feel no push to make others feel the same as I or gang up on something that is MY personal opinion.

I gloss over lots of things written thinking many are not worth responding to.

I may ask someone to clarify something said though.

Kathianne
07-13-2016, 12:44 PM

I think that is exactly the right thing to do. Obviously you read enough to ask a reasonable question or point out inconsistencies.

Black Diamond
07-13-2016, 12:46 PM

my point was if he didn't cram all his views into one post, he would be more likely to have his points addressed. it was as much for his benefit as anyone else's

Kathianne
07-13-2016, 01:06 PM
my point was if he didn't cram all his views into one post, he would be more likely to have his points addressed. it was as much for his benefit as anyone else's

Perhaps, but not sure how criticizing style in public makes one feel they should listen? You like having someone do so when everyone is reading?

I for one find a critique of 'What crap! I'm not reading something that long or with that many links. Screw you,' not all that constructive. Not saying you wrote such, but I've seen versions of it and find them worthless and hurtful.

Gunny
07-13-2016, 01:22 PM

I'll make the same point I've always made. If I want to read a book, I'll get one. If I want to hear what someone who doesn't participate in the discussion has to say, I'll find that person. This is about OUR opinions. Using a link to back that up is fine and dandy. Using the link as your post is not. That is a personal preference,. not a demand.

Sadly, the art of writing/journalism has been lost. First rule: attract the reader with your first paragraph. THEN explain it in 3-5 paragraphs. When I see a wall of words that's just a paste, I respond to the thread title or just ignore it.

People are people and message boards are or at least used to be opinion-oriented. And THAT is MY opinion. Tell me what YOU think. I can read articles without any help.