PDA

View Full Version : Candian Football League

Gunny
07-09-2016, 12:15 AM
They're kind of weird but more fun to watch than the NFL. We need a Pittsburgh CFL team. They're close enough to Cana - duh. :laugh:

jimnyc
07-09-2016, 12:17 PM
The CFL is a pretty decent league, and a little more wide open. A lot of NFL has beens end up there, or sometimes folks that didn't make it start there, and then the NFL lures them away. Still fun watching when ya can't get a good NFL game!

Gunny
07-09-2016, 12:36 PM
The CFL is a pretty decent league, and a little more wide open. A lot of NFL has beens end up there, or sometimes folks that didn't make it start there, and then the NFL lures them away. Still fun watching when ya can't get a good NFL game!

They've been showing them on Thursday and Friday here. Got some strange rules. I'd venture a guess that most of the players are from the US. Been that way since forever. At least the 60s.

But they remind me of the old NFL. They are there to play the game, not get rich. NFL players are all about greed. They used to have day jobs and played the game just to play the game,

Elessar
07-09-2016, 02:02 PM
There are a lot of very skilled players in the CFL, and it is a wide-open game!

Gunny
07-09-2016, 02:10 PM
There are a lot of very skilled players in the CFL, and it is a wide-open game!

I still hate the roughing the passer ruler. If you can't run with the big dogs. stay under the porch. Geez. Some lame calls. And Canadians will review everything.

But again, I LIKE these guys.