PDA

View Full Version : Potential Trump VP slams Clinton

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 11:56 AM
He says the election is about national security, in which I agree. I disagree with the abortion stance. But like I have said about others, will be similar with him. While I disagree, a retired general as VP will not be changing our laws on abortion, so in a sense, it doesn't matter. The issue DOES matter to me though, so don't misunderstand ME.

-----

CLEVELAND — The latest name to surface in Donald Trump's vice presidential search criticized Democrat Hillary Clinton on Sunday for what he called a lack of leadership in the wake of last week's shootings involving police and African Americans.

Retired Gen. Michael Flynn, speaking on ABC's This Week, also indicated he supports abortion rights and downplayed the significance of the same-sex marriage issue, saying the election should be about national security.

"It's about leadership, and it's about responsible leadership as well," Flynn told ABC. "The country is going in the wrong direction."

Flynn said Clinton's comments after this week's violence — the shooting deaths of two African-American men by police and the killings of five police officers in Dallas — were "totally irresponsible when she talked about white people being to blame. I mean, that is so irresponsible."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/07/10/michael-flynn-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-this-week/86916542/

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 11:59 AM
I read a bit about him a little earlier and like what I see. Anyone know more about him from over the years? Any of our military folks? Here's his Wiki bio, at least parts:

-----

Michael T. Flynn is a retired United States Army lieutenant general[2][3] who served as the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, commander of the Joint Functional Component Command for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and chair of the Military Intelligence Board from July 24, 2012, to August 2, 2014.[4] Prior to this he served as assistant director of national intelligence. He consistently pushed for greater information and intelligence sharing and was a leading figure in coalition and special operations intelligence operations. Flynn co-authored a report in January 2010 through the Center for a New American Security entitled Fixing Intel: A Blueprint for Making Intelligence Relevant in Afghanistan,[5] that criticized the intelligence community for lacking an understanding of the human-socio context of the battlefield in Afghanistan.

Flynn's military career was primarily operational, with numerous combat arms, conventional and special operations senior intelligence assignments. He also served as the senior intelligence officer for the Joint Special Operations Command, where he was credited with creating innovative techniques for interrogation operations and operations-intelligence fusion, leading to major breakthroughs in counterterrorism operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere against Al-Qaeda and its associated movements. Flynn is a published author, with articles appearing in Small Wars Journal, Military Review, Joint Forces Quarterly, the Center for a New American Security, and other military and intelligence publications.

2001 to 2012

Flynn served as the assistant chief of staff, G2, XVIII Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, from June 2001 and the director of intelligence, Joint Task Force 180 in Afghanistan until July 2002. He commanded the 111th Military Intelligence Brigade from June 2002 to June 2004. [3]

Flynn was the director of intelligence for Joint Special Operations Command from July 2004 to June 2007, with service in Afghanistan (Operation Enduring Freedom) and Iraq (Operation Iraqi Freedom). He served as the director of intelligence, United States Central Command from June 2007 to July 2008, as the director of intelligence, Joint Staff from July, 2008 to June, 2009, then the director of intelligence, International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan from June 2009 to October 2010. [3]

In September 2011, Flynn was promoted to Lieutenant General and assigned to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. His duties included public, private, and international outreach and engagement. Flynn's primary influence within the U.S. intelligence community was with regard to operational units across all the services, especially in the intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance arenas, as well as information technology and organizational design.

Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency

On April 17, 2012, President Barack Obama nominated Flynn to be the 18th director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.[14][15] Flynn took command of the DIA in July 2012.[16] In October 2012 Flynn announced plans to release his paper "VISION2020: Accelerating Change Through Integration", a broad look at how the Defense Intelligence Agency must transform to meet the national security challenges for the 21st Century.[17]

On April 30, 2014, Flynn announced his retirement effective later in 2014, about a year earlier than he had been scheduled to leave his position.[18][19] He retired as of August 7, 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn

Black Diamond
07-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Flynn is a registered democrat. Hmmmm

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Flynn is a registered democrat. Hmmmm

He's a military man, while a dem. As a VP, and if to be used for national security, or international issues, I would trust him over ANY politician out there. I'm sure there are bad eggs - but when I see a life long veteran like that, his politics don't matter much as much to me. Of course some will claim it's all part of the fix, or to help toss things - but I think it would be awesome, and maybe even help a few come across the aisle.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 12:15 PM
A little more about him. First, from what I understand, he 'strongly dislikes' both Obama and Hillary.

-----

CNN) Donald Trump, in dropping hints about his potential running mate, has said that he is looking for a "political person" who could help him with the workings of Congress. A top aide, Corey Lewandowski, has said the pick will have "federal legislative experience." But there are some indications that a non-political candidate may be on Trump's radar: Trump has asked about Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn in the context of his search for a vice president, a source familiar with the conversation told CNN.

When asked about the possibility of serving as Trump's running mate, Flynn's chief of staff didn't dismiss the idea. "We are not going to comment at this time. Let's let the process play itself out," said Michael G. Flynn, the general's son and top aide, told CNN. Flynn might seem an unlikely choice given his lack of political experience -- and the fact that he's a registered Democrat. "If someone were to look it up right now, I'm a registered Democrat, and I'm OK with that," he told Foreign Policy, adding, he is "about as centrist as possible."

But Trump has promised to "knock out ISIS" and Flynn boasts an impressive military resume. The presumptive Republican nominee told Fox News' Greta Van Susteren in May that he had one person in mind for the job who is "not government-related as much" but who would "fit the role very nicely." If Trump were to go this route and decide he wanted an out-of-the-box pick, Flynn would fit the bill. So, with the potential to play spoiler in a politician-heavy VP field, who exactly is Lt. General Michael Flynn?

-----

Military background

In 1981 Flynn was commissioned in the U.S. Army as a second lieutenant in Military Intelligence and assigned as a paratrooper to the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Flynn is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island, has an MBA, and a degree from the U.S. Naval War College. Flynn has held a number of military intelligence leadership posts, including commander of a military intelligence battalion in Afghanistan, director of Intelligence for United States Central Command, which oversees all U.S. military operations in the Middle East, and director of Intelligence for the Joint Staff.

Most recently, Flynn was the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency before he was forced out after facing "pressure from Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. and others in recent months," according to The Washington Post. The Military Times reported that he was "forced out of his role after sparring with Obama advisers on a range of policy decisions. "I was asked to step down," Flynn told Foreign Policy. "It wasn't necessarily the timing that I wanted, but I understand."

-----

Entering politics

After leaving the DIA, Flynn became a harsh critic of the Obama administration's military and foreign policy, as well as a frequent commentator on the 2016 race. Flynn told Al-Jazeera that he thought the Obama administration's drone policy was a failed strategy and told CNN that the White House ignored reports prefacing the rise of ISIS in 2011 and 2012 because they did not fit its re-election "narrative."

In an interview with the German publication Der Spiegel, Flynn said that removing Saddam Hussein in Iraq and Moammar Gadhafi in Libya helped destabilize the region.

He also told CNN's Jake Tapper that he thought Hillary Clinton should withdraw from the presidential race while the FBI investigate her use of a private email server for official government communication while secretary of state.
"If it were me, I would have been out the door and probably in jail." Flynn said, adding that Clinton demonstrated a "lack of accountability, frankly, in a person who should have been much more responsible in her actions as the secretary of state of the United States of America." When pressed by Tapper, however, Flynn said, "I don't have any personal evidence" of any wrongdoing on behalf of Clinton. Trump connection Flynn told CNN in February that he has been advising Trump "on a range of issues," such as national security and foreign policy. Flynn has taken to Twitter to re-tweet Trump often, including key Trump foreign policy points such as "In trade, military and EVERYTHING else, it will be AMERICA FIRST! This will quickly lead to our ultimate goal: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/26/politics/michael-flynn-donald-trump-vp-search/index.html

Black Diamond
07-10-2016, 12:16 PM
He's a military man, while a dem. As a VP, and if to be used for national security, or international issues, I would trust him over ANY politician out there. I'm sure there are bad eggs - but when I see a life long veteran like that, his politics don't matter much as much to me. Of course some will claim it's all part of the fix, or to help toss things - but I think it would be awesome, and maybe even help a few come across the aisle.

Yeah I worry about people staying home or voting for that idiot Johnson. Trump does things that make me shake my head sometimes but he continues to win.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Yeah I worry about people staying home or voting for that idiot Johnson. Trump does things that make me shake my head sometimes but he continues to win.

No doubt. He needs to ban himself from Twitter - and have a public relations person handle it for him. I love the fact that he speaks from the hip and speaks what he means - but he should still think about what he says, like anyone else should. He's no professional speaker, that's for damn sure. We saw an awesome speaker in Obama, and now we know that a great speaker doesn't equate to shit in the oval office.

Johnson will take votes away, no doubt about that. He'll likely be taking voters from both sides. Hopefully we won't see a Perot or Nader.

Gunny
07-10-2016, 12:33 PM
No doubt. He needs to ban himself from Twitter - and have a public relations person handle it for him. I love the fact that he speaks from the hip and speaks what he means - but he should still think about what he says, like anyone else should. He's no professional speaker, that's for damn sure. We saw an awesome speaker in Obama, and now we know that a great speaker doesn't equate to shit in the oval office.

Johnson will take votes away, no doubt about that. He'll likely be taking voters from both sides. Hopefully we won't see a Perot or Nader.

Him and a bunch of sports celebrities.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Him and a bunch of sports celebrities.

I joined twitter a long time back. I posted @ towards Kim Kardashian ONCE, and it wasn't even cursing, and they banned me for like 1 or 3 days? Can't remember. I'm still a member, but no interest in posting. Fucking terrorists can post, but I can't tell that blob of crap what I think of her. :rolleyes:

Gunny
07-10-2016, 01:10 PM
I joined twitter a long time back. I posted @ towards Kim Kardashian ONCE, and it wasn't even cursing, and they banned me for like 1 or 3 days? Can't remember. I'm still a member, but no interest in posting. Fucking terrorists can post, but I can't tell that blob of crap what I think of her. :rolleyes:

That's where we (the included we) differ from them. I haven't been on on a single leftwing board where you could speak your mind. They just ban you. Only losers walk away from a fight.

I don't agree with a lot of you on various issues for whatever reason. But I accept you as people. THAT is true liberalism. This NAZI crap they call "liberal" is anything but. They're intolerant, liars and cheats. Everything I could hate in a human being. There's no difference between these asshats and ISIS. They just think it's okay to kill what they don't agree with. They couldn't argue with a 2nd grader so they just silence them.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 01:18 PM
That's where we (the included we) differ from them. I haven't been on on a single leftwing board where you could speak your mind. They just ban you. Only losers walk away from a fight.

I don't agree with a lot of you on various issues for whatever reason. But I accept you as people. THAT is true liberalism. This NAZI crap they call "liberal" is anything but. They're intolerant, liars and cheats. Everything I could hate in a human being. There's no difference between these asshats and ISIS. They just think it's okay to kill what they don't agree with. They couldn't argue with a 2nd grader so they just silence them.

You don't agree with me but still accept me as "people". Why thank you, buddy! :)

I agree with your point. I have been banned from quite a few left leaning forums, and I'd say about 90% of the time it was for your basic posting of back and forth, no trolling and no cussing or anything like that, mainly for disagreeing and posting "good" stuff about republicans and such.

And in real life many would love the same. Leave the left in charge, make the right shut up and maybe even fine them for things if they could (global warming).

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 01:34 PM
He obviously disagrees with Obama on this one. One can't even say the words, and that person fires someone who does state the obvious.

-----

The military fired me for calling our enemies radical jihadis

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who is reportedly being vetted by Donald Trump as a potential running mate, was fired as head of the *Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) in the winter of 2014 after three decades in the military. Here he tells the real story of his departure from his post and why America is not getting any closer to winning the war on terror.

Two years ago, I was called into a meeting with the undersecretary of defense for intelligence and the director of national intelligence, and after some “niceties,” I was told by the USDI that I was being let go from DIA. It was definitely an uncomfortable moment (I suspect more for them than me).

I asked the DNI (Gen. James Clapper) if my leadership of the agency was in question and he said it was not; had it been, he said, they would have relieved me on the spot.

I knew then it had more to do with the stand I took on radical Islamism and the expansion of al Qaeda and its associated movements. I felt the intel system was way too politicized, especially in the Defense Department. After being fired, I left the meeting thinking, “Here we are in the middle of a war, I had a significant amount of combat experience (nearly five years) against this determined enemy on the battlefield and served at senior levels, and here it was, the bureaucracy was letting me go.” Amazing.

At the time, I was working very hard to change the culture of DIA from one overly focused on Washington, DC, to a culture that focused on our forward-based war fighters and commanders. It was not an easy shift, but it was necessary and exactly the reason I was put into the job in the first place.

In the end, I was pissed but knew that I had maintained my integrity and was determined in the few months I had left to continue the changes I was instituting and to keep beating the drum about the vicious enemy we were facing (still are).

I would not change a lick how I operate. Our country has too much at stake.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/09/the-military-fired-me-for-calling-our-enemies-radical-jihadis/

Gunny
07-10-2016, 01:39 PM
You don't agree with me but still accept me as "people". Why thank you, buddy! :)

I agree with your point. I have been banned from quite a few left leaning forums, and I'd say about 90% of the time it was for your basic posting of back and forth, no trolling and no cussing or anything like that, mainly for disagreeing and posting "good" stuff about republicans and such.

And in real life many would love the same. Leave the left in charge, make the right shut up and maybe even fine them for things if they could (global warming).

A couple of topics over here. One. we all relate to ourselves and our lives. We all have different positions in life. You like all the vets on the board but if you notice, we speak a different language. That doesn't make us always better. Just different.

And I'm from before your time. You were allowed to be wrong and make mistakes when I was growing up. This zero mistake mentality came out in the 80s. The Gunner kept some boxing mitts hanging above his desk on the wall. You could take the charge sheet or go out back with the Gunner. Gunner Brown was MY hero. That dude was a SOB. But when you have to choose between a stripe and having the Gunner kick your ass all over the picnic table, you chose picnic table. Nowadays, they'd just fry your ass.

You have to know how to read people. Something the left doesn't do. They want zombies. I see little difference between them and the NAZIs. Look at all the Germans who had no idea what was going on because of Hitler's follies. The left in collusion with the MSM is no different.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Btw, to be clear, while I wouldn't mind him getting the nod, which is kinda what I mean with this thread - I'm still thinking that Gingrich is my first hope for his pick. :)

Black Diamond
07-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Btw, to be clear, while I wouldn't mind him getting the nod, which is kinda what I mean with this thread - I'm still thinking that Gingrich is my first hope for his pick. :)

At least you didn't say let me be clear.

Gunny
07-10-2016, 05:28 PM

I'd vote for Newt in a second. He got shamed out of office for accepting some unauthorized gifts? At least he wasn't putting classified info on an unsecure server. Or doing nothing when we have our diplomats under attack.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 05:35 PM
I'd vote for Newt in a second. He got shamed out of office for accepting some unauthorized gifts? At least he wasn't putting classified info on an unsecure server. Or doing nothing when we have our diplomats under attack.

If he gets picked, it will be fun watching him get to speak more and more about the Clinton's, from the early 90's until today. He's a smart cookie and quick on his feet.

Hillary has lied to the American people like 5 times minimum with her server, and as many times to congress. Doesn't she get held accountable for lying to congress? Or is that a dumb question?

Gunny
07-10-2016, 05:40 PM
If he gets picked, it will be fun watching him get to speak more and more about the Clinton's, from the early 90's until today. He's a smart cookie and quick on his feet.

Hillary has lied to the American people like 5 times minimum with her server, and as many times to congress. Doesn't she get held accountable for lying to congress? Or is that a dumb question?

The sad truth is, the law seems to not get it. Obama lied his way into office. Hitlery has lied her ass off for 30 years or more, she's a criminal, stupid, and the left is still going to vote for her.

There's a time to look at the reality of the situation and deal despite one's idealism.

jimnyc
07-10-2016, 05:45 PM
The sad truth is, the law seems to not get it. Obama lied his way into office. Hitlery has lied her ass off for 30 years or more, she's a criminal, stupid, and the left is still going to vote for her.

There's a time to look at the reality of the situation and deal despite one's idealism.

That's where the right needs to figure something out, or lose. The left and their inability to give a shit about morals or crimes is what will likely get Hillary elected. The right needs to completely come together as a whole to beat her - or the next 4-8 years will be rough. And even worse, even if only 4 years, she will have nominated a left leaning SC judge already by then.

Gunny
07-10-2016, 05:53 PM
That's where the right needs to figure something out, or lose. The left and their inability to give a shit about morals or crimes is what will likely get Hillary elected. The right needs to completely come together as a whole to beat her - or the next 4-8 years will be rough. And even worse, even if only 4 years, she will have nominated a left leaning SC judge already by then.

THAT is my biggest concern. Want to sit on your idealism? Fine. Do it on your own time, not mine. You learn to use what you're given. Standing alone proclaiming your superiority or being (in the case of leftwingers) sheep proves nothing to me.

You of all people know exactly what I think of Trump. But when it's time to circle the wagons you circle the damned wagons and it ain't to negotiated nor lose. Some of these people act like they'd stand in the middle of the wagons and do nothing because they don't agree that indian's shooting a f-ing arrow at your ass.

Talking time's over. We're stuck with what we have. We need to use it.

Black Diamond
07-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Be just like Trump to pick none of the folks on his list.

Shock the world with Rubio. Or even bigger..

Cruz, whom I can't stand.

Gunny
07-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Be just like Trump to pick none of the folks on his list.

Shock the world with Rubio. Or even bigger..

Cruz, whom I can't stand.

Cruz and Rublio lost it with me when they started whining. I don't like Trump. but I can respect he made them play HIS game. Instead of manning up they started crying. I have zero respect for that. One, never play another man's game. Two, instead of crying figure out how to win. Neither of those two did either.

Black Diamond
07-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Cruz and Rublio lost it with me when they started whining. I don't like Trump. but I can respect he made them play HIS game. Instead of manning up they started crying. I have zero respect for that. One, never play another man's game. Two, instead of crying figure out how to win. Neither of those two did either.
Rubio lost it for me when he didn't show up to the Omnibus vote and said it was as good as voting against it. And let's not forget how rattled he got.

Cruz i just can't stand I can't even put my finger on why. Manipulator maybe.

Elessar
07-10-2016, 07:37 PM

I favor Newt as well for his political experience, knowledge of foreign affairs, and domestic issues.

Sure - he has some skeletons in the closet, but if anyone can name a person of high visibility that does not,
they can accept my invitation to kiss their ass in the Middle of Yankee Stadium and I'll give them a week to
sell tickets to the event.:laugh:

The General would be much better suited in a Cabinet or Intelligence position.

Black Diamond
07-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Lol. Now It's looking like it's Pence.

Gunny
07-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Rubio lost it for me when he didn't show up to the Omnibus vote and said it was as good as voting against it. And let's not forget how rattled he got.

Cruz i just can't stand I can't even put my finger on why. Manipulator maybe.

He needs to pick a Southerner. If I was him I'd pick Henry Bonilla. Lots of Southerners and Mexicans in that vote. No one seems to notice we ain't too fond of New Yorkers down here. But if you're going to run one and when, play the game.

JFK and especially RFK HATED LBJ. But apparently not enough to lose the Southern vote. I wouldn't choose either Rubio or Cruz because they let their asses get kicked. If I was Rubio or Cruz, I'd tell Trump to shove it at the suggestion. I'm not working for someone I let publicly humiliate me. Call them what you want, that was brilliant strategy. Trump better come up with some, He's not going to win on his own.

fj1200
07-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Seems the arguments against Johnson are falling away bit by bit.

Kathianne
07-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Seems the arguments against Johnson are falling away bit by bit.Can only speak for myself, like any other candidate I've voted for, there are areas of disagreement. What I find with him though, is consistency and lack of lying while in office. He's not a perfect libertarian or conservative, but I can live with that.

Black Diamond
07-11-2016, 01:34 PM

Yeah I am sure he's the next President. And Dennis Rodman is the next dictator of North Korea.

fj1200
07-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Yeah I am sure he's the next President. And Dennis Rodman is the next dictator of North Korea.

He's the most qualified person currently running for the office and the only conservative to boot. To your point though both Johnson and Rodman will do a better job than any current or potential occupants of either position you mention.

jimnyc
07-11-2016, 02:03 PM

I don't call them "arguments". I have reasons that I don't like Johnson and not a single one of them is somehow "falling away" or whatever.

How much are the polls increasing as he beats these arguments? I think he's at 6.7%, looking at an aggregate 4 way poll:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_st ein-5952.html

Black Diamond
07-11-2016, 02:22 PM
I don't call them "arguments". I have reasons that I don't like Johnson and not a single one of them is somehow "falling away" or whatever.

How much are the polls increasing as he beats these arguments? I think he's at 6.7%, looking at an aggregate 4 way poll:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_st ein-5952.html

Link makes you wonder if Stein will take a lot of Hillary's support.

fj1200
07-12-2016, 09:03 AM

My mistake. I figured when your candidate or his VP possibility has the same view...

Gunny
07-12-2016, 09:15 AM
He's the most qualified person currently running for the office and the only conservative to boot. To your point though both Johnson and Rodman will do a better job than any current or potential occupants of either position you mention.

I got news for you ... there's NOTHING from the state of New Mexico that ain't RINO. There's nothing conservative about that idiot. I'd as soon vote for Spongebob.

The people that call themselves conservative here are totally dependent on a welfare state. The wouldn't be considered conservative even in CA.

fj1200
07-12-2016, 09:28 AM
I got news for you ... there's NOTHING from the state of New Mexico that ain't RINO. There's nothing conservative about that idiot. I'd as soon vote for Spongebob.

The people that call themselves conservative here are totally dependent on a welfare state. The wouldn't be considered conservative even in CA.

Lower taxes, reduced regulation, free trade, etc. :dunno: He's got the others beat.

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 09:29 AM
My mistake. I figured when your candidate or his VP possibility has the same view...

Has what to do with 6.7%?

Nothing. As usual.

fj1200
07-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Has what to do with 6.7%?

Nothing. As usual.

Did I reference his polling numbers? You raised a strawman.

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Did I reference his polling numbers? You raised a strawman.

I was making a point, a relation - that your belief that he is somehow doing well, while his poll numbers, nationally, with all 4 running, he's dropped.

You brought in a completely different subject, because you didn't like me pointing out that his polls don't pan out as well as your great arguments that had everything falling away.

Gunny
07-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Lower taxes, reduced regulation, free trade, etc. :dunno: He's got the others beat.

Try higher taxes on every-f-ing-thing. This place is tax Hell.

fj1200
07-12-2016, 09:44 AM
I was making a point, a relation - that your belief that he is somehow doing well, while his poll numbers, nationally, with all 4 running, he's dropped.

You brought in a completely different subject, because you didn't like me pointing out that his polls don't pan out as well as your great arguments that had everything falling away.

You misconstrued my post. I made no point about his poll numbers.

Try higher taxes on every-f-ing-thing. This place is tax Hell.

Through determination and wearing down the opposition, he has had legislative successes. He has cut the state income tax, the gasoline tax, the state capital gains tax, and the unemployment tax.
http://reason.com/blog/2016/05/25/gary-johnsons-new-mexico-fiscal-record-d

All of this in a blue state even.

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 09:49 AM
You misconstrued my post. I made no point about his poll numbers..

Nope. I was clear. You made a post about arguments falling away. I made a post showing that apparently doesn't do jack shit to help his polling numbers, apparently. That's MY point.

fj1200
07-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Nope. I was clear. You made a post about arguments falling away. I made a post showing that apparently doesn't do jack shit to help his polling numbers, apparently. That's MY point.

And they are. I made no point about his poll numbers.

Gunny
07-12-2016, 09:54 AM
You misconstrued my post. I made no point about his poll numbers.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/05/25/gary-johnsons-new-mexico-fiscal-record-d

All of this in a blue state even.

You can link all you want. I live here.

fj1200
07-12-2016, 09:59 AM
You can link all you want. I live here.

I quoted the relevant portion.

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 10:00 AM
And they are. I made no point about his poll numbers.

Well, I for one haven't seen anything fall away. Other than his poll numbers.

fj1200
07-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Well, I for one haven't seen anything fall away. Other than his poll numbers.

Of course not.

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Of course not.

You're a waste of time anymore to attempt to discuss anything with. Games and one liners. Have a nice day, buddy.

Black Diamond
07-12-2016, 10:40 AM
You're a waste of time anymore to attempt to discuss anything with. Games and one liners. Have a nice day, buddy.

jimnyc I wonder if Stein is digging into Johnson's"neither one" vote

DLT
07-12-2016, 11:15 AM
He says the election is about national security, in which I agree. I disagree with the abortion stance. But like I have said about others, will be similar with him. While I disagree, a retired general as VP will not be changing our laws on abortion, so in a sense, it doesn't matter. The issue DOES matter to me though, so don't misunderstand ME.

-----

CLEVELAND — The latest name to surface in Donald Trump's vice presidential search criticized Democrat Hillary Clinton on Sunday for what he called a lack of leadership in the wake of last week's shootings involving police and African Americans.

Retired Gen. Michael Flynn, speaking on ABC's This Week, also indicated he supports abortion rights and downplayed the significance of the same-sex marriage issue, saying the election should be about national security.

"It's about leadership, and it's about responsible leadership as well," Flynn told ABC. "The country is going in the wrong direction."

Flynn said Clinton's comments after this week's violence — the shooting deaths of two African-American men by police and the killings of five police officers in Dallas — were "totally irresponsible when she talked about white people being to blame. I mean, that is so irresponsible."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/07/10/michael-flynn-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-this-week/86916542/

He may have slammed Hillary...but he still sounds like a squish to me.

It doesn't really matter who Trump picks as a VP. The fix for Hillary is in and anybody that can't read that writing on the wall isn't literate.

JS....

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 11:35 AM
The fix for Hillary is in and anybody that can't read that writing on the wall isn't literate.

I hate to become a conspiracy theorist and outright say things are fixed. But hell, who could have watched the entire email scandal play out, see the results, and then see no charges? I have zero doubt that the fix was in on that one. And if it can be on something like that, involving such high ranking officials, with so much damning evidence out there, then nothing would surprise me anymore. Yes, I believe that it has been decided already. I hope to God I'm wrong, but my belief is that I'm correct.

Black Diamond
07-12-2016, 12:02 PM
I hate to become a conspiracy theorist and outright say things are fixed. But hell, who could have watched the entire email scandal play out, see the results, and then see no charges? I have zero doubt that the fix was in on that one. And if it can be on something like that, involving such high ranking officials, with so much damning evidence out there, then nothing would surprise me anymore. Yes, I believe that it has been decided already. I hope to God I'm wrong, but my belief is that I'm correct.
Lynch wouldn't have prosecuted no matter what Comey said.
But I still think he was threatened or bribed.

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Lynch wouldn't have prosecuted no matter what Comey said.
But I still think he was threatened or bribed.

She was found guilty and received no sentence, basically. And now, I believe, she'll be placed into her next position. I really don't get it. Why in the world does ANYONE like this woman anymore?

Black Diamond
07-12-2016, 01:22 PM
She was found guilty and received no sentence, basically. And now, I believe, she'll be placed into her next position. I really don't get it. Why in the world does ANYONE like this woman anymore?

She had no competition in the first round except a full blown communist. Now she has name recognition and her name isn't Trump

Black Diamond
07-12-2016, 01:23 PM
She had no competition in the first round except a full blown communist. Now she has name recognition and her name isn't Trump

I forgot to mention there are those who will vote for her based on her anatomy.

Gunny
07-12-2016, 03:41 PM
People refuse to make distinctions between beliefs. The same as the West and the Middle East. For the purposes of this discussion, I told wife #2 when we left Virginia for CA she could just quit calling herself a "liberal".

Wheter anyone likes it or not, this nation is divided regionally. A conservative in NY is NOT a conservative in GA nor CA. In that regard, and this is not an attack, but a conservative from Chicago is not a conservative down here.

One of the biggest shocks I've had (that weren't electrical) was NM is right next door to TX. It's like moving from Mars to Venus. This place is the biggest welfare state I've ever lived in. And any idea they don't tax you to death here, is just wrong.

Point is, people that don't live here don't need to tell us what it's like here. I'll cut my hand off before voting for a NM Governor.

Elessar
07-12-2016, 06:16 PM

Johnson is as loony as Ron Paul.

"Guam is going to tilt and sink"?

He has the same belief as Paul's as cutting the military, legalizing all drugs, open borders,
illegal immigration reprieve, and creating a nation of 330+ million people of being isolationists.

How ding-bat-shitty can that be?