PDA

View Full Version : OMG O-blah-blah is in Dallas

Gunny
07-12-2016, 04:04 PM
The Great Divider is proclaiming we aren't divided. Then I get a Hitlery commercial.

Somebody just shoot me.

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 04:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_SAnEEYrH8

Gunny
07-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Freakin' copycat. Guess YOUR glass is half full huh? Feel free to tag my thread into yours.

Gunny
07-12-2016, 04:23 PM
And now Juan Williams is on. I'd LOVE to hit him in his suck.

jimnyc
07-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Freakin' copycat. Guess YOUR glass is half full huh? Feel free to tag my thread into yours.

Merged :)

Bilgerat
07-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Any chance we can get him to take a motorcade by the old book depository?

:boom2: :boom2: :boom2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Gunny
07-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Any chance we can get him to take a motorcade by the old book depository?

:boom2: :boom2: :boom2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I always laugh at that crap. Any jarhead that can't hit a target at 275 ft is a loser and doesn't get through boot camp. To hear tell it, you'd think is was mile long shot with a bbgun. :laugh:

Elessar
07-12-2016, 06:52 PM
The Great Divider is proclaiming we aren't divided. Then I get a Hitlery commercial.

Somebody just shoot me.

He is so deluded, racist, dumb, in denial, and narcissistic.

"If Ignorance is Bliss", he is the happiest Son-of-a-Bitch in the Nation.

Elessar
07-12-2016, 07:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_SAnEEYrH8

That was outstanding. You are right - A Leader Was There!

Gunny
07-12-2016, 07:41 PM
He is so deluded, racist, dumb, in denial, and narcissistic.

"If Ignorance is Bliss", he is the happiest Son-of-a-Bitch in the Nation.

I think you got him pegged. Got to spread it around some.

Elessar
07-12-2016, 08:09 PM
That was outstanding. You are right - A Leader Was There!

Jimmy said it first...One important thing is GWB speaks for the heart in a calm , folksy manner.
He does not speak down to people.

Elessar
07-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Compare and Contrast GWB's speech to Obama's...something one writer called
Another Coffin-Top Speech. From the 'Patriot Post":

http://It started off well enough. Barack Obama’s speech at the memorial for the five slain Dallas police officers began with appropriate solemnity and sorrow, complete with Scripture references and gratitude for the work law enforcement officers do all over the country. He told personal stories about each of the five officers. But then, as he always does, he got to himself (45 first-person mentions) and his political agenda. After proclaiming “we are not as divided as we seem,” he proceeded to divide everyone by their tribal grievances. He again accused police departments of racism. And he ticked off a few of his agenda items: “As a society, we choose to underinvest in decent schools.” Actually, we spend more on education per capita than any other nation. But spending does not automatically equal success. “We allow poverty to fester so that entire neighborhoods offer no prospect for gainful employment.” Those are the cities run for decades by leftist policies that we call Democrat urban poverty plantations. “We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book.” What foolish nonsense. But at the same time, Obama said nothing about the thousands of people shot this year — mostly blacks by other blacks — on the aforementioned poverty planation in Chicago. In any case, this was an inappropriate venue for a stump speech. As Charles C.W. Cooke observed, “This, remember, was a funeral — a funeral for one of the police officers who was murdered last Thursday. It wasn’t a rally. It wasn’t a White House press conference. It wasn’t a public statement, hastily arranged on the airport tarmac. It was a funeral.” Unfortunately, Obama has a repugnant habit of standing on coffins to give his moralizing lectures.

Gunny
07-13-2016, 02:13 PM
Jimmy said it first...One important thing is GWB speaks for the heart in a calm , folksy manner.
He does not speak down to people.

I like George. Not all of his decisions, but he's from a hundred or so miles from where I am. I used to love it when he'd screw up and laugh at himself. Can you picture Hitlery doing THAT? She'd have a freakin' heart attack and deny it ever happened.

Elessar
07-13-2016, 05:59 PM
I like George. Not all of his decisions, but he's from a hundred or so miles from where I am. I used to love it when he'd screw up and laugh at himself. Can you picture Hitlery doing THAT? She'd have a freakin' heart attack and deny it ever happened.

Difference is, he has an open heart and personality, folksy and laughs at his own gaffes. His empathy and support of Vets
is not even close to being matched by Obama or Hillary. He could be stubborn and tough, but only with good reason.
He was not in the job For Himself! Type of guy you could walk up to, shake his hand, pass the time of day, and walk away
smiling.

Obama or Hillary? Selfish and ego-driven. I'd wear surgical gloves before shaking hands with either.

Gunny
07-13-2016, 06:21 PM
Difference is, he has an open heart and personality, folksy and laughs at his own gaffes. His empathy and support of Vets
is not even close to being matched by Obama or Hillary. He could be stubborn and tough, but only with good reason.
He was not in the job For Himself! Type of guy you could walk up to, shake his hand, pass the time of day, and walk away
smiling.

Obama or Hillary? Selfish and ego-driven. I'd wear surgical gloves before shaking hands with either.

I learned a lesson in second grade that always stuck with me. I got called out at the plate when I slid in perfectly. I started crying. The coach's wife walked up to me and asked if I was going to quit acting like a baby because she didn't have another 2nd baseman.

It's always stuck with me. You ain't got time to stand around and cry when it's time to man up and play the game. It stuck with me in the Middle East, and ANY first responder can say the same .... You go forward. You don't stand and whine.

And if I do something stupid? Crap I have to quit laughing at myself before I can get my sh*t together. As I said, that was one thing I loved about GWB. He'd goof up and just laugh at himself. Crap, I'm in charge of a company of Marines and screw up on the ladderwell? Big freakin' deal. Just add it to the list of Gunny screw-ups.

These people refuse to admit they're screwups. And other screwups believe them.

Elessar
07-13-2016, 07:54 PM
It's always stuck with me. You ain't got time to stand around and cry when it's time to man up and play the game. It stuck with me in the Middle East, and ANY first responder can say the same .... You go forward. You don't stand and whine.

As I said, that was one thing I loved about GWB. He'd goof up and just laugh at himself.

These people refuse to admit they're screwups. And other screwups believe them.

Snipped for brevity.

I hear you...you didn't have luxury I had at looking someone in the eyes and saying "Explain, because I disagree", which happened many
times. But when the chips were down and no time to discuss, you put on your game face and press forward - then adapt and proceed as
best you and your units can.

Gunny
07-14-2016, 12:39 AM
Snipped for brevity.

I hear you...you didn't have luxury I had at looking someone in the eyes and saying "Explain, because I disagree", which happened many
times. But when the chips were down and no time to discuss, you put on your game face and press forward - then adapt and proceed as
best you and your units can.

I just don't get the zero defect mentality nor the people that refuse to admit they're wrong. I can hear it like yesterday when I sheered the lug off my grandfather's car. "Boy, you got to get a hold on those arms. You keep breaking stuff." Took me to the Western Auto and bought me a torque wrench. Made me me pay for the bolt and replace it.

Don't think I've never disagreed. I used to laugh at the jerks I worked for in the electrical field. I've argued with a 3 Star that could have destroyed my career. And you want to get in my face?

The point I'm making is when you spend your time making life or death decisions, a simple f*ck up means nothing. Nobody died.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 07:01 AM
I always laugh at that crap. Any jarhead that can't hit a target at 275 ft is a loser and doesn't get through boot camp. To hear tell it, you'd think is was mile long shot with a bbgun. :laugh:
I wonder how Marines who made sharpshooter would feel about being called "an average shot at best". Oliver Stone claims Oswald was an average shooter at best and he made sharpshooter.

Gunny
07-14-2016, 11:33 AM
I wonder how Marines who made sharpshooter would feel about being called "an average shot at best". Oliver Stone claims Oswald was an average shooter at best and he made sharpshooter.

Marines qualify at 200, 300 and 500 meters. A sharpshooter, in his day, means he scored in the middle. That means out of a possible 250 points he got a minimum of 210. The range JFK was shot at would be right on top of the target for us. And using a bolt action rifle from a rest? I'd turn in my ID card if I couldn't hit that shot.

Elessar
07-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Marines qualify at 200, 300 and 500 meters. A sharpshooter, in his day, means he scored in the middle. That means out of a possible 250 points he got a minimum of 210. The range JFK was shot at would be right on top of the target for us. And using a bolt action rifle from a rest? I'd turn in my ID card if I couldn't hit that shot.

That always makes me wonder at the attraction of these 'semi-auto' rifles. They are
not at all as stable or balanced as a good bolt or even lever rifle.

Must be a Hollywood thing!:laugh:

Gunny
07-14-2016, 01:34 PM
That always makes me wonder at the attraction of these 'semi-auto' rifles. They are
not at all as stable or balanced as a good bolt or even lever rifle.

Must be a Hollywood thing!:laugh:

What they did right before I retired was shut the auto off. Three round bursts. You had to game the trigger pull because each had a different pull. Making a big deal out of "semi-auto" is just stupid. "Semi-auto" means single shot.

I have fired automatic weapons only a few times. The M-60 and Ma Deuce. Waste of rounds to me. They're a last resort. Give me my bolt action Remington or an M-14.