PDA

View Full Version : Confederate Flag Controversy, Again.

Elessar
07-13-2016, 12:37 PM
If that thing is flying or placed at a Confederate Soldier's Grave, leave it alone.

Many of the CSA Officers were West Point Graduates. There was still very strong
'State First' sentiment back then.

I've always just felt that banner was simply attractive and never once considered
it a symbol of racism, unlike too many today.

From 'The Lost Coast Outpost':

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2016/jul/12/huffman-slams-paul-ryan-house-republicans-killing/

Black Diamond
07-13-2016, 12:42 PM
bringing this to a vote would divide the country even more. we don't need this right now.

Elessar
07-13-2016, 12:49 PM
bringing this to a vote would divide the country even more. we don't need this right now.

I believe you are correct, and Mr. Ryan was correct in striking it down.

Huffman is an ultra-liberal and needs to tend more to his electorate than to
poke his nose into something he is not living. When I lived in that District
he was the furthest choice for House of Representatives in my mind. Never once
did he visit our Command, unlike his predecessor who was also a Democrat.

Gunny
07-13-2016, 12:56 PM
If that thing is flying or placed at a Confederate Soldier's Grave, leave it alone.

Many of the CSA Officers were West Point Graduates. There was still very strong
'State First' sentiment back then.

I've always just felt that banner was simply attractive and never once considered
it a symbol of racism, unlike too many today.

From 'The Lost Coast Outpost':

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2016/jul/12/huffman-slams-paul-ryan-house-republicans-killing/

My family fought in the 17th Alabama. You just go on up around New Market to that old church cemetery and start touching flags. You can learn a WHOLE new meaning to the word "hillbilly" up there doing crap like that.

I posted this before, but is actually a British Naval Standard from WAY before the US Civil War. It is a combination of St Andrews cross and the Flag of Great Britain. Oddly enough and quite overlooked ... Britain was one of the first countries to abolish slavery.

crin63
07-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Regardless of opinion, it was an American flag. It should be revered as such. Americans died fighting under those colors.

Gunny
07-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Regardless of opinion, it was an American flag. It should be revered as such. Americans died fighting under those colors.

What it is, is just another excuse for whiners to create hatred and whine. The very people that whine about the Battle Flag are the same ones that protest and tear up their own neighborhoods. Hypocrites to the last man.

Elessar
07-13-2016, 05:20 PM
What it is, is just another excuse for whiners to create hatred and whine. The very people that whine about the Battle Flag are the same ones that protest and tear up their own neighborhoods. Hypocrites to the last man.

And yet many of those have no problem seeing a Mexican flag hoisted up at a school.

Gunny
07-13-2016, 06:42 PM
And yet many of those have no problem seeing a Mexican flag hoisted up at a school.

I'd bet money most of these whiners couldn't identify the Stars n Bars ... the official flag of the CSA. That battle flag is NOT it.

Elessar
07-13-2016, 07:03 PM
I'd bet money most of these whiners couldn't identify the Stars n Bars ... the official flag of the CSA. That battle flag is NOT it.

That is exactly correct.

crin63
07-13-2016, 11:13 PM

Agreed! My family were all CSA and one was Capt 19th Texas Infantry.