PDA

View Full Version : Dozens dead in Nice in Bastille Day attack.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 05:05 PM
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dozens-killed-when-truck-drives-into-crowd-in-nice-france-2016-07-14?siteid=rss

truck rams through crowd. Death toll over 30.

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 05:39 PM
Wow, that's an awful lot dead from a truck driving into a crowd. With that amount of bodies - no doubt that whatever model vehicle that was needs to be banned.

Kathianne
07-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Now the reporting is over 60 dead. Guns are banned in FR, but somehow the lorry driver had one and used it. Also reports of hostages taken in hotel and attached restaurant. Since the driver of lorry was killed by police, must have been another or more aiding.

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 05:43 PM
Now the reporting is over 60 dead. Guns are banned in FR, but somehow the lorry driver had one and used it. Also reports of hostages taken in hotel and attached restaurant. Since the driver of lorry was killed by police, must have been another or more aiding.

I need to go read around, just finished dinner. Amazing that this has killed over 60 folks. Guy must have been flying, and of course continued on after the first hit. :(

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 05:44 PM
Yikes, and the Eiffel tower fire?

https://i.imgur.com/EeGvFgm.jpg

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 05:46 PM
I had no idea this was an all out terror attack, I thought it was an accident at first. This is inane.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Death toll at least 60 now

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Yikes, and the Eiffel tower fire?

https://i.imgur.com/EeGvFgm.jpg

What the hell !!!

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 05:57 PM
A lot of info here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691019/Several-people-injured-truck-crashes-crowd-Bastille-Day-celebrations-Nice.html

BREAKING NEWS: At least 60 dead and shots fired as lorry RAMS into crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice leaving bodies strewn across the road in suspected Terror attack

-At least 60 people are feared dead and 150 have been injured in a Bastille Day attack in Nice, southern France
-Eyewitnesses reported a gunfight between police responding to the attack and suspects at the scene
-Gunmen are believed to have taken hostages in two hotel and a restaurant in the city according to witnesses
-Witnesses said the driver crashed his truck into a group of people, jumped down and opened fire with a gun
-Thousands of people were in the city watching Bastille Day fireworks when the attack began

At least 60 people are dead with more than 100 injured after a truck mounted a pavement in Nice during Bastille Day celebrations.

Gunshots rang out in the streets, with gunmen targeting hotels and cafes in the port city as residents were warned to lock themselves in doors for their safety . The RAID anti-terror squad has been deployed to the city.

Hundreds of people were watching fireworks along the promenade when the attack began.

The gunman jumped out of the truck after ploughing through the pedestrians and started opening fire. Officials said the driver was shot dead near the scene.

A second suspect is thought to be on the run.

An eyewitness said he saw a truck driver slam a vehicle into a crowd of revelers in the French resort city of Nice and then emerge shooting, killing many.

Wassim Bouhlel, said Nice's Promenade du Paillon, said that he saw a truck drive into the crowd and then witnessed the man emerge with a gun and start shooting.

'There was carnage on the road,' Bouhlel said. 'Bodies everywhere.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691019/Several-people-injured-truck-crashes-crowd-Bastille-Day-celebrations-Nice.html

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 06:07 PM
Latest is 73 dead. :(

Elessar
07-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Oh My Lord! What. The. Fu**!

...and Obama and Hillary insist terrorism is not a problem?

Nice 'Junior Varsity' you have there Obama!

Kathianne
07-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Reports: https://twitter.com/pzf?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Enews%7Ctwgr% 5Eauthor

No hostages and whatever is going on at Eiffel Tower is unrelated to this attack.

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Shall we take bets?

Most likely an older white christian male?

Kathianne
07-14-2016, 06:10 PM
Shall we take bets?

Most likely an older white christian male?

Breaking News Feed ‏@pzf (https://twitter.com/pzf)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/pzf/status/753727310382133248)</small>
TERROR ATTACK:- Nice, France- Truck plows into crowd- 73+ dead- 120+ injured- 50 in critical condition- Grenades and ammo found

412 retweets125 likes
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Reply
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Retweet
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">

</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More
</button>

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Oh My Lord! What. The. Fu**!

...and Obama and Hillary insist terrorism is not a problem?

Nice 'Junior Varsity' you have there Obama!

Yup. Announce a date that you will be leaving, help them with their planning. Mock them as somehow less than capable. I'm sorry, but I lay the majority of the responsibility on his shoulders. He's an effing idiot, and now that ISIS is here, it only getting harder and harder, as this dipshit does less and less.

Reports: https://twitter.com/pzf?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Enews%7Ctwgr% 5Eauthor

No hostages and whatever is going on at Eiffel Tower is unrelated to this attack.

That's good at least, and I see Drudge moved it from the top of their page too. I was afraid that the tower was somehow in danger.

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Breaking News Feed ‏@pzf (https://twitter.com/pzf)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/pzf/status/753727310382133248)</small>
TERROR ATTACK:- Nice, France- Truck plows into crowd- 73+ dead- 120+ injured- 50 in critical condition- Grenades and ammo found

412 retweets125 likes
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Reply
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Retweet
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">

</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More
</button>

And another 50 critical. Wow, this is going to end up bad, the numbers I mean. And no doubt IMO that this will end up being another claimed by ISIS, or inspired or whatever. Already more than Orlando and this was a damn truck!!

Kathianne
07-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Good for the French. They're saying they are starting 'with the assumption of terrorism' then will work to rule it out.

That's the opposite of here, thus why gun control is first brought up.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 06:17 PM
French President probably won't be mentioning truck control. Just a guess.

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 06:19 PM
That didn't take long:

Revenge Killing: ISIS Supporters Celebrate Nice Attack

ISIS is celebrating the apparent terrorist attack in Nice, France, on Thursday as retaliation for the death of Abu Omar al-Shishani—the terror group’s so-called “minister of war”—who was killed earlier this year by coalition forces while fighting in Iraq.

Reportedly more than 60 people were killed and dozens more were injured when a truck barreled through a large crowd of people celebrating Bastille Day, a French holiday commemorating the storming of the famous Parisian fortress in 1789, an important milestone in the French Revolution. The driver of the truck reportedly was killed by French authorities.

“This is the begining [sic] of the attack to take the holy revenge for the killing of Abu Omar Shishani, may Allah accept him,” a jihadi posted on the ISIS al-Minbar forum shortly after the attack. Another supporter posted on Twitter: “The spark of the attacks on the name of Abu Omar Shishani has just begun from France, the next will be worse and bitter.”

https://www.vocativ.com/340859/preview/?preview=1&time=1468537685

Elessar
07-14-2016, 06:20 PM

'Gun Control' advocates...take frikkin' heed. You can whine to ban them all you want,
but where there is a will to get or import one (or many) illegally, there's a way.

Stupid blind bastages...

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 06:21 PM
Trump cancelling his veep announcement tomorrow because of this attack.

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 06:23 PM
Trump cancelling his veep announcement tomorrow because of this attack.

Wow to that too. Link? And I think this shouldn't be overlooked or overshadowed somehow, if at all possible. I'm surprised he would do so, honestly.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 06:25 PM
saying it on fox. i will get the link.

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 06:27 PM
saying it on fox. i will get the link.

Found it here too. Good for him, good choice to wait.

Trump postpones running mate announcement following France attack

Republican Donald Trump announced Thursday that he would postpone the announcement of his vice presidential candidate, citing the attack in France.

Trump’s announcement on Twitter offered no details of when the decision would be announced. Trump’s postponement came after dozens were killed in Nice, France apparently struck down by a truck during Bastille Day celebrations.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/trump-postpones-running-mate-announcement-following-france-attack-1.1630520

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 06:27 PM
here's a link on it.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/14/trump-cancels-vp-announcement-truck-attack-kills-70-nice-france.html

Elessar
07-14-2016, 06:28 PM
This truly makes me heartsick in many ways.

For the innocents slain, maimed, and their loved ones.

For our limp-dic*** 'leadership' poo-pooing off the threat when it first
surfaced.

For the liberal whiners here and across Europe that chant for peace and tolerance in
the face of this GLOBAL THREAT! They will murder you as well, whiners! You
just cannot see or accept that. How ignorant can you be?

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 06:31 PM
here's a link on it.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/14/trump-cancels-vp-announcement-truck-attack-kills-70-nice-france.html

These are some seriously crazy times we are living in. At this point one has to wonder if it's 'more' than out of control. Just how far are they spread? Which countries do they have people in? What in the world is it ultimately going to take to stop them?

And who is it that wants to keep sending refugees all over America? How is this working out over there? Are they pleased yet?

And no, not all muslims, nor was it ever that - but now more than ever, I truly think incoming refugees need to be looked into. Especially those from any countries that are experiencing unrest. And then definitely, 100% when it comes to folks that literally cannot be vetted.

Kathianne
07-14-2016, 06:39 PM
seems the attack started with shooting to enter cordoned off boulevard, then he picked up speed driving 20-30 mph for over a mile, mowing down people. Police have entered the truck which has more weapons, grenades, and explosives. Looks to be 'lucky' that he was killed before being able to detonate the explosives. CNN reporting that seems to be military grade explosives, because homemade ones would have likely gone off with how many shots were taken at the truck by police.

aboutime
07-14-2016, 07:24 PM
I can only blame OBAMA and HILLARY, with all of the Democrat politicians who LOOK THE OTHER WAY all the time, in order to get, and maintain Power over the UNEDUCATED AMERICANS who constantly VOTE FOR THEM. I Blame Obama for bowing down to our enemies, and for giving them the VACUUM he created by withdrawing our troops ANNOUNCING their departure to allow our enemies to TAKE OVER. Obama and Hillary are responsible for ISIS, or ISIL no matter what we call them. And OBAMA is afraid to say ISLAMIC TERRORISTS because I believe..."HE IS ONE!"

namvet
07-14-2016, 07:28 PM
France is the softest target ISIS has. they'll never learn. weak and feeble today=dead

Drummond
07-14-2016, 07:43 PM
This truly makes me heartsick in many ways.

For the innocents slain, maimed, and their loved ones.

For our limp-dic*** 'leadership' poo-pooing off the threat when it first
surfaced.

For the liberal whiners here and across Europe that chant for peace and tolerance in
the face of this GLOBAL THREAT! They will murder you as well, whiners! You
just cannot see or accept that. How ignorant can you be?

How ignorant, Elessar ? You just wouldn't believe the answer to that one.

The media over here will do what they always do. They'll refer to 'extremists' being responsible ... because, by using that term, they separate the perpetrators out from 'wider Islam', which will be inviolably regarded as 'moderate' and 'peaceful'.

I can't imagine any instance, one or many, of attacks that won't see Islam sanitised in that way. Oh, and any speculation of 'refugees' playing any part will be admitted (if true, of course) only if it's unavoidable ...

Elessar
07-14-2016, 07:45 PM
I can only blame OBAMA and HILLARY, with all of the Democrat politicians who LOOK THE OTHER WAY all the time, in order to get, and maintain Power over the UNEDUCATED AMERICANS who constantly VOTE FOR THEM. I Blame Obama for bowing down to our enemies, and for giving them the VACUUM he created by withdrawing our troops ANNOUNCING their departure to allow our enemies to TAKE OVER. Obama and Hillary are responsible for ISIS, or ISIL no matter what we call them. And OBAMA is afraid to say ISLAMIC TERRORISTS because I believe..."HE IS ONE!"

Simple, AT.

Obama has No Balls, except for golf balls and basketballs.

See how effective his 'Community Organizer' stint in Chicago has been? One killing
by black-on-black every 14 hours.

And idiotic liberals pushed him as the Post Turtle and Walking Eagle he is to
lead the world's most influential Nation?

Gunny
07-14-2016, 07:56 PM
Was watching the ESPYs for awhile last night some black activists used it as a platform for gun control rhetoric. I had to turn it off.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Was watching the ESPYs for awhile last night some black activists used it as a platform for gun control rhetoric. I had to turn it off.yeah i cant stand that network. they gave caitlyn jenner an award for bravery. screw them. and costas too.

Gunny
07-14-2016, 08:18 PM
yeah i cant stand that network. they gave caitlyn jenner an award for bravery. screw them. and costas too.

They must have not killed enough blacks. Obama's not in a rush to get all over my tv channels blaming the gun.

aboutime
07-14-2016, 08:28 PM
They must have not killed enough blacks. Obama's not in a rush to get all over my tv channels blaming the gun.

gunny. This time, Obama can't blame the Guns. HE'S RESPONSIBLE for every attack on Civilians, claimed by ISIS, anywhere around the World today.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 09:23 PM
Gingrich just hit a home run on Hannity.

Elessar
07-14-2016, 09:29 PM
gunny. This time, Obama can't blame the Guns. HE'S RESPONSIBLE for every attack on Civilians, claimed by ISIS, anywhere around the World today.

He had his chance 5 years ago to begin to stomp out these cockroaches. <- there is his Fukkin' "Legacy"

namvet
07-14-2016, 09:40 PM
Gingrich just hit a home run on Hannity.

I just heard him say Osama will come on TV tomorrow and tell us this attack was caused by trucks. we have way to many trucks LMFAO !!!

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 09:42 PM
I just heard him say Osama will come on TV tomorrow and tell us this attack was caused by trucks. we have way to many trucks LMFAO !!!
yup. that was part of his home run interview.

Gunny
07-14-2016, 10:01 PM
He had his chance 5 years ago to begin to stomp out these cockroaches. <- there is his Fukkin' "Legacy"

He is a rat unleashing the plague on the world. The left fears Gingrich. It's why they picked him apart and him busted for some BS gifts. But they'll goose step right up and vote for Ms "I didn't Know". Or her lame-ass "it was classified later" BS.

Elessar
07-14-2016, 10:16 PM
I also find the lack of silence in statements from Obama, Hilary, and the rest of the liberals to be deafening.

How far in denial that this is a scourge to our free world can these worthless worms carry this?

Gunny
07-14-2016, 10:21 PM
I also find the lack of silence in statements from Obama, Hilary, and the rest of the liberals to be deafening.

How far in denial that this is a scourge to our free world can these worthless worms carry this?

Bet money that when O-Useless gets on he'll blame everything and anything except Islamic terrorism. I know ... let's sue the truck manufacturer. :rolleyes: Outlaw trucks.

Like I said, they didn't kill enough black people or he'd be all over the tube claiming it was a racist hate crime.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 10:56 PM
Bet money that when O-Useless gets on he'll blame everything and anything except Islamic terrorism. I know ... let's sue the truck manufacturer. :rolleyes: Outlaw trucks.

Like I said, they didn't kill enough black people or he'd be all over the tube claiming it was a racist hate crime.

How come it's not a hate crime to kill someone because they aren't Muslim?

Gunny
07-14-2016, 11:15 PM
How come it's not a hate crime to kill someone because they aren't Muslim?

Because they aren't white. If they were white and straight, it'd be a hate crime. I mean for real. Whose religion is picking on whom?

Abbey Marie
07-15-2016, 12:53 AM
In times of crisis, the world used to look to the USA. Under Obama, they can't anymore. I fear for all of us.

What the heck happened at the Eiffel Tower?!

Noir
07-15-2016, 05:36 AM
What the heck happened at the Eiffel Tower?!

There was a planned fireworks display, one of the firework trucks malfunctioned thus all the firework smoke around the tower and the truck itself on fire. Seems to have been pretty awfully times so it too looked like an attack.

I find the speed at which people are using this tragity to make political statements (ie 'gun control') to be at odds with the consensus on this forum that the 'left' doesn't wait for the body's to go cold in a gun massacre In the states before they 'make it political'. So are you guys making this political so quickly to be ironic, or what?

namvet
07-15-2016, 08:17 AM
how much explosive could you pack in this??

http://blog.garlock.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/RedTractorTrailer.jpg

had this raghead in Nice set off the trailer bye bye Nice and you can park this in front of the WH or anywhere

CSM
07-15-2016, 08:41 AM
It is reported that there were more guns and grenades in the truck as well as military grade explosives. Good thing all of those things are banned and "under control" in France. Just imagine the carnage if they were not ..... oh wait..... never mind!

Black Diamond
07-15-2016, 09:33 AM
There was a planned fireworks display, one of the firework trucks malfunctioned thus all the firework smoke around the tower and the truck itself on fire. Seems to have been pretty awfully times so it too looked like an attack.

I find the speed at which people are using this tragity to make political statements (ie 'gun control') to be at odds with the consensus on this forum that the 'left' doesn't wait for the body's to go cold in a gun massacre In the states before they 'make it political'. So are you guys making this political so quickly to be ironic, or what?

Following the lead of our President.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-15-2016, 09:44 AM
Rumor has it that the obama jumped right on top of this horrific tragedy--he sent an immediate message advising France to ban all Assault trucks.
Nothing about the guns and explosives found in that truck since his buddies(his muslim brothers in arms) need those to make it a fair fight (liberal ideology at play).
I feel sorry for the tens of millions here that have not figured he is not only a "muslim-in-hiding" but is also acting on his own holy Jihad AGAINST THIS NATION.
He pulled out giving back American blood-soaked territory in Iraq, gave Iran billions to arm and use to kill our military in proxy wars and throttled Israel in order to give Iran its nukes.
He has further opened our borders to invaders, insulted and alienated our allies, helped almost every socialist/communist nation on earth and
weakened our military as much as he could get by with (purged it of well trained and combat experienced officers/troops years ago, etc.)
Adding insult to great injury the worthless ffing maggot has traveled the world apologizing for the great sins of our nation!
Add to that his great accomplishment of even further dividing this nation and any rational person would see he does this as an enemy of this nation that the dem/socialist morons and their leeches were dumb enough to install him to lead.

Make no mistake thinking that it is his simply being stupid and inept.
Its a well executed agenda , failing only when and where very great opposition here stopped it .-Tyr

Black Diamond
07-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Rumor has it that the obama jumped right on top of this horrific tragedy--he sent an immediate message advising France to ban all Assault trucks.
Nothing about the guns and explosives found in that truck since his buddies(his muslim brothers in arms) need those to make it a fair fight (liberal ideology at play).
I feel sorry for the tens of millions here that have not figured he is not only a "muslim-in-hiding" but is also acting on his own holy Jihad AGAINST THIS NATION.
He pulled out giving back American blood-soaked territory in Iraq, gave Iran billions to arm and use to kill our military in proxy wars and throttled Israel in order to give Iran its nukes.
He has further opened our borders to invaders, insulted and alienated our allies, helped almost every socialist/communist nation on earth and
weakened our military as much as he could get by with (purged it of well trained and combat experienced officers/troops years ago, etc.)
Adding insult to great injury the worthless ffing maggot has traveled the world apologizing for the great sins of our nation!
Add to that his great accomplishment of even further dividing this nation and any rational person would see he does this as an enemy of this nation that the dem/socialist morons and their leeches were dumb enough to install him to lead.

Make no mistake thinking that it is his simply being stupid and inept.
Its a well executed agenda , failing only when and where very great opposition here stopped it .-Tyr

We should have banned fertilizer after Oklahoma City and airplanes/box cutters after 9/11

namvet
07-15-2016, 10:48 AM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2wg6oh0.jpg

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 11:05 AM

What specifically do you think people are jumping too fast on?

That he was a muslim? That it was a terror attack? That folks would use it to call for gun control? He WAS a muslim, that was obvious. ISIS instantly took credit. It WAS a terror attack. MANY on the left instantly went to gun control again. I'm curious what you think people are jumping on too quickly about.

BTW - here's what a human cockroach looks like.

https://i.imgur.com/juAu6A4.jpg

Abbey Marie
07-15-2016, 11:20 AM

If you are referring to my comment about Obama, I did not make the attack itself political (i.e., blaming guns or Muslims). I made a comment about our fearful (non) leader. Not the same thing at all. But for the record, I don't care if people make it "political" as you accuse. You must know that being PC is a dangerous thing in these times.

PixieStix
07-15-2016, 11:20 AM
His first name is mohmed, his last words were allahu akbar. And I am pretty sure he read "Inspire" AKA the jihadist magazine.....nah, he musta been crazy and unemployed. I am a white blue eyed infidel living in Cleveland. Should I be afraid Noir? Or shall I make sure to tow the leftist politically correct line and ignore the fact that islamic jihad IS a political ideology that wants to control the world and wants to kill me AND YOU.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/jihadist-magazine-called-truck/2016/07/14/id/738766/

Black Diamond
07-15-2016, 11:22 AM
His first name is mohmed, his last words were allahu akbar. And I am pretty sure he read "Inspire" AKA the jihadist magazine.....nah, he musta been crazy and unemployed. I am a white blue eyed infidel living in Cleveland. Should I be afraid Noir? Or shall I make sure to tow the leftist politically correct line and ignore the fact that islamic jihad IS a political ideology that wants to control the world and wants to kill me AND YOU.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/jihadist-magazine-called-truck/2016/07/14/id/738766/
You should quit being racist and be an advocate for truck control

KarlMarx
07-15-2016, 11:27 AM
What specifically do you think people are jumping too fast on?

That he was a muslim? That it was a terror attack? That folks would use it to call for gun control? He WAS a muslim, that was obvious. ISIS instantly took credit. It WAS a terror attack. MANY on the left instantly went to gun control again. I'm curious what you think people are jumping on too quickly about.

BTW - here's what a human cockroach looks like.

https://i.imgur.com/juAu6A4.jpg

Not all Germans were Nazis but all Nazis were Germans

The same principal applies to Moslems and Terrorists

PixieStix
07-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Not all Germans were Nazis but all Nazis were Germans

The same principal applies to Moslems and Terrorists

But all 21st century terrorists are Muslim

namvet
07-15-2016, 11:31 AM
most of these kamikaze pilots are poor and feeble minded. they're promised martyrdom and a new life. and they buy it

Abbey Marie
07-15-2016, 11:40 AM
You should quit being racist and be an advocate for truck control

I wonder how long leftists in the 30s/40s tried to tell people they were bigots and were "politicizing" Hitler's roundup of Jews?

Black Diamond
07-15-2016, 01:27 PM
I wonder how long leftists in the 30s/40s tried to tell people they were bigots and were "politicizing" Hitler's roundup of Jews?

Anti Germans

Black Diamond
07-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Krautophobes.

namvet
07-15-2016, 01:31 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/1z1d6ok.jpg

Kathianne
07-15-2016, 01:33 PM

Actually Hitler and Mussolini had their fans here, right up to Dec. 7, 1941. Then it stopped.

Black Diamond
07-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Actually Hitler and Mussolini had their fans here, right up to Dec. 7, 1941. Then it stopped.

They were anticommunists

Kathianne
07-15-2016, 02:03 PM
They were anticommunists

A lot were anti-semites and really liked the order of fascism.

Elessar
07-15-2016, 02:16 PM

Being Direct and right up front to call it what it is. The truck did not operate itself; it did not load a weapon or grenades itself;
it did not start shooting on it's own. The Irony is liberals tend to always blame the instrument and not the person(s) wielding them.

Elessar
07-15-2016, 02:26 PM
If you are referring to my comment about Obama, I did not make the attack itself political (i.e., blaming guns or Muslims). I made a comment about our fearful (non) leader. Not the same thing at all. But for the record, I don't care if people make it "political" as you accuse. You must know that being PC is a dangerous thing in these times.

Abbey...being PC is cowering to crybabies. Polite used to always be the rule.
Now people of solid mind and beliefs are supposed to back off when some liberal,
black, or GBLTQ activist or whiner defies majority logic and opinion.

Gunny
07-15-2016, 02:54 PM

You crack me up. I have a hard time even taking you seriously. You constantly argue against common sense, logic and the obvious.

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 02:59 PM
You crack me up. I have a hard time even taking you seriously. You constantly argue against common sense, logic and the obvious.

I have no idea what he is blaming us for, or thinks we jump on too quickly. And yet, the folks jumping too quickly and with retarded comments and guns and such are once again - all from the left.

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 05:03 PM

C'mon, you been back several times since I asked, I'm dying to know what you meant by this!! In what way are we all making this political? By pointing out blame?, speaking the obvious? Did we jump to erroneous conclusions? Did we make things up? Bring up something political that was somehow made up and/or not brewing for a very long time?

KarlMarx
07-15-2016, 05:14 PM

Yes indeed, they did, Kathianne. Including, at first, FDR and Thomas Watson (as in the head of IBM, Thomas Watson).

In England, many in the aristocracy were Nazi sympathizers even during the war.

KarlMarx
07-15-2016, 05:19 PM
A lot were anti-semites and really liked the order of fascism.

Actually, Mussolini and Hitler were both anti-communist and (at least Hitler was) anti-semitic.

Mussolini and Hitler were a type of socialist who believed in corporatism... a semi capitalistic (you got to keep your property) and semi-communist (the government told you what you were to do with your property) type of socialism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism#Fascist_corporatism

Drummond
07-15-2016, 06:39 PM
In case anyone's interested ... media coverage here in the UK of this attack has followed predictable lines.

I watched the BBC's reporting, when the news broke. They reported the facts as known ... BUT ... totally avoided calling it, themselves, a terrorist attack. The BC has a policy of choosing to avoid the very word 'terrorist' in its reports, unless quoting others .. and this time, they not only did the same thing, but a little later when an American commentator was being spoken to, the BBC questioner commented with 'some surprise' that Obama had been willing to publicly recognise it as a terrorist attack as quickly as he had !

I had the impression that the BBC was actively avoiding any recognition of it as terrorism, unless actually FORCED to !!

That was last night. Today, on LBC radio, presenters are giving short shrift to callers who express any 'Islamophobic' sentiment at all, in the wake of it. More so than usually, in fact.

I'm left with the impression that our media quantify the seriousness of a terrorist attack, to determine how much MORE they have to do, to sanitise Islam and maintain an intolerance to anyone speaking out against it !!

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 06:51 PM
In case anyone's interested ... media coverage here in the UK of this attack has followed predictable lines.

I watched the BBC's reporting, when the news broke. They reported the facts as known ... BUT ... totally avoided calling it, themselves, a terrorist attack. The BC has a policy of choosing to avoid the very word 'terrorist' in its reports, unless quoting others .. and this time, they not only did the same thing, but a little later when an American commentator was being spoken to, the BBC questioner commented with 'some surprise' that Obama had been willing to publicly recognise it as a terrorist attack as quickly as he had !

I had the impression that the BBC was actively avoiding any recognition of it as terrorism, unless actually FORCED to !!

That was last night. Today, on LBC radio, presenters are giving short shrift to callers who express any 'Islamophobic' sentiment at all, in the wake of it. More so than usually, in fact.

I'm left with the impression that our media quantify the seriousness of a terrorist attack, to determine how much MORE they have to do, to sanitise Islam and maintain an intolerance to anyone speaking out against it !!

In the media over there, or leaders, how far do they go in blaming "radical islam"? I only ask, because as you know, those words seemingly are stricken from Obama's vocabulary.

Noir
07-15-2016, 06:59 PM
C'mon, you been back several times since I asked, I'm dying to know what you meant by this!! In what way are we all making this political? By pointing out blame?, speaking the obvious? Did we jump to erroneous conclusions? Did we make things up? Bring up something political that was somehow made up and/or not brewing for a very long time?

I get time to get on to read snippets but postings a lil longer needed. Patience Jim (:
As an example - there are a few posts mockingly suggesting 'trucks should be banned' in a way to mock how the left would say 'guns should be banned' after a shooting...however it is worthy of note that when the lefties say 'guns should be banned' after a shooting folks on the right like to say how those on the left are using a tragedy/massacre for their own political ends.
So, given that to be the case, how is this any different?

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 07:04 PM
I get time to get on to read snippets but postings a lil longer needed. Patience Jim (:
As an example - there are a few posts mockingly suggesting 'trucks should be banned' in a way to mock how the left would say 'guns should be banned' after a shooting...however it is worthy of note that when the lefties say 'guns should be banned' after a shooting folks on the right like to say how those on the left are using a tragedy/massacre for their own political ends.

First off, come gimme a big kiss :wraparms:

I think it's the frustration that we ALL have that attacks continue and people die. It's also frustrating when some on the left call for changing constitutional rights as a result, when it makes no sense. And what you are seeing is sarcasm as a result based on that. I don't think the humor, even if you call it bad humor, is somehow making it political. It's sarcasm in reply to those on the left that would use such things to make it political.

Example, I think I would be using it for political reasons, if I turned around and tried to push local representatives to change gun laws, carry laws, to make things easier based on such an attack.

Gunny
07-15-2016, 07:20 PM
First off, come gimme a big kiss :wraparms:

I think it's the frustration that we ALL have that attacks continue and people die. It's also frustrating when some on the left call for changing constitutional rights as a result, when it makes no sense. And what you are seeing is sarcasm as a result based on that. I don't think the humor, even if you call it bad humor, is somehow making it political. It's sarcasm in reply to those on the left that would use such things to make it political.

Example, I think I would be using it for political reasons, if I turned around and tried to push local representatives to change gun laws, carry laws, to make things easier based on such an attack.

I agree to a point. Yes, we're making political snide remarks. I disagree with Noir completely because there is no separation of church and state in Islam. They are one and the same. The only difference is the Sunni believe the Imam is an advisor to the King and the Shia believe teh Ayatollah is the final word.

So, it is THEY who make it political. And people like you seeing a ghosts under every bed. The points being made by the satire here is just how nonsensical OUR politicians are.

The tool is not the weapon. The person using the tool is.

Drummond
07-15-2016, 07:25 PM

My reply to this is to say that realism always win out.

It's said that guns don't kill people ... PEOPLE kill people. This is illustrated by the reality of societies applying strict gun laws, such as our own, Noir.

Guns are but one means of killing. Anyone wanting to murder can find any number of ways of doing it. The 9/11 terrorists used aeroplanes to do it. The scum in Nice last night used a truck. In each case, mass slaughter was the result.

The Left in America want to attack the right to bear arms - they want ever-tighter gun control, but they always have a blind spot when it comes to understanding that killers won't be stopped by curbing the availability of guns. If you don't have a gun, you'll find an alternative weapon. Knife crime exists, for example.

No. The point of the Left's 'crusade' against guns is one of disempowerment. They, in America, want what we have here .. law-abiding citizens totally reliant on the authorities to protect them, so as to create and maintain a dependence culture.

The Left thrives on this. Doesn't it, Noir ?

Drummond
07-15-2016, 07:41 PM
In the media over there, or leaders, how far do they go in blaming "radical islam"? I only ask, because as you know, those words seemingly are stricken from Obama's vocabulary.

To a great extent (there are exceptions) 'radical Islam' is not even recognised as existing. Because to do so would recognise that Islam can be a cause of it ... and this violates the 'Islam is a religion of peace' mantra that's much preferred.

Islamic terrorists are called 'extremist' .. and the fault for what they say they believe in, and fight for, is directed firmly at them specifically. They are 'extremists'. They are supposedly 'not representing Islam at all, but a perversion of it'. Or, they're just mentally ill.

Phone-in hosts have been going into overdrive to favour the line that what happened in Nice, or whatever happens whenever a terrorist attack occurs, is something that can never be laid at the door of 'other Muslims' at all. To try is seen as extreme bigotry, thoroughly unfair to any Muslim not directly and provably involved with terrorism. We're treated to Muslim after Muslim ringing in to insist that they have nothing at all to do with terrorism, and can never possibly be tarred with that brush.

And so it continues. If our media has its way, it will NEVER matter how many attacks happen, or how many die from them. Islam will always be painted as thoroughly and completely innocent of any of it.

aboutime
07-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Oddly, and lately. I would like someone to explain to me why....Whenever Noir posts here. It sounds just like the words of OBAMA???

Gunny
07-15-2016, 11:26 PM
To a great extent (there are exceptions) 'radical Islam' is not even recognised as existing. Because to do so would recognise that Islam can be a cause of it ... and this violates the 'Islam is a religion of peace' mantra that's much preferred.

Islamic terrorists are called 'extremist' .. and the fault for what they say they believe in, and fight for, is directed firmly at them specifically. They are 'extremists'. They are supposedly 'not representing Islam at all, but a perversion of it'. Or, they're just mentally ill.

Phone-in hosts have been going into overdrive to favour the line that what happened in Nice, or whatever happens whenever a terrorist attack occurs, is something that can never be laid at the door of 'other Muslims' at all. To try is seen as extreme bigotry, thoroughly unfair to any Muslim not directly and provably involved with terrorism. We're treated to Muslim after Muslim ringing in to insist that they have nothing at all to do with terrorism, and can never possibly be tarred with that brush.

And so it continues. If our media has its way, it will NEVER matter how many attacks happen, or how many die from them. Islam will always be painted as thoroughly and completely innocent of any of it.

What I don't get is the stance. The same people that run around trying to stamp out any vestiges of Christianity using the 1st Amendment as a feeble excuse, refuse to recognize a religion that cannot divorce itself from its government.

They attack us from the left, right, upside down and we aren't murdering people. It's just stupid.

Noir
07-16-2016, 04:31 AM
Oddly, and lately. I would like someone to explain to me why....Whenever Noir posts here. It sounds just like the words of OBAMA???

Damn, you got me, I'm Obama.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-16-2016, 09:26 AM

Perhaps more precise would be to ask how far sold out are they? (answer is totally)
For its not a blindness to the threat that they act upon my friend..
Rather its a political/mutually beneficial alliance that they (Dem leaders, libs/leftists/socialists), are a part of with Islam and the Globalists.....
Engaging in the philosophy of - " The enemy of my enemy is my friend."---Tyr

Abbey Marie
07-16-2016, 12:57 PM

Nah, you couldn't be Obama- you don't take enough vacations.

aboutime
07-16-2016, 05:54 PM

No way. Not even you are THAT STUPID.