PDA

View Full Version : This may have hurt Trump

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 02:10 PM
First off, I think some would condemn Trump no matter who he chose. But imagine he did choose Gingrich, and then Gingrich made such comments?

-----

Muslim Congressman: Gingrich Comments on Muslims 'Really Sad'

Congressman Keith Ellison said that Newt Gingrich calling for everyone of Muslim background to be questioned, "calculating, pandering, and it's really sad."

Ellison, a U.S. representative from Minnesota and the first Muslim elected to Congress, appeared on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" to discuss Gingrich, who made the comments in reaction to the attack in France that killed at least 84.
"What frightens me about his comments, is that I think he knows better," said "Morning Joe" cohost Mika Brzezinski.

"He does know better," Ellison replied. "That's the sad thing about Newt Gingrich. He's a very smart man. It's just calculating, pandering, and it's really sad."

Gingrich called for testing of everyone of Muslim background, and said that whoever believes in the harsh Sharia law should be deported. Gingrich said modern Muslims who have given up Sharia would be allowed to stay in the U.S.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/keith-ellison-newt-gingrich-muslim-nice/2016/07/15/id/738898/

Kathianne
07-15-2016, 02:13 PM
IMO it was intentional. Gingrich is too smart to not have excluded American citizens or be unaware of first amendment.

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 02:17 PM
IMO it was intentional. Gingrich is too smart to not have excluded American citizens or be unaware of first amendment.

Gotta wonder what his goal was? Was he just pissed? He had to have known the backlash that would be coming. Wouldn't surprise me if Trump paid him to say that! :laugh:

Kathianne
07-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Gotta wonder what his goal was? Was he just pissed? He had to have known the backlash that would be coming. Wouldn't surprise me if Trump paid him to say that! :laugh:

I think he knew he was out for VP and was pissed. I heard him say it, couldn't believe it.

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 02:24 PM
I think he knew he was out for VP and was pissed. I heard him say it, couldn't believe it.

That's my first thought. I know Christie said something about not liking to finishing 2nd. I wonder if he's mad? Or if either will be perhaps be offered cabinet positions should it make it that far?

Gunny
07-15-2016, 03:31 PM

Why does the 1st Amendment only count if you're on the right? The left and these special interest groups just exploit it. Sharia Law is unconstitutional. The latter is not a suicide pact nor ws it designed to cater to special interests nor religions that violate the rest of it.

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Why does the 1st Amendment only count if you're on the right? The left and these special interest groups just exploit it. Sharia Law is unconstitutional. The latter is not a suicide pact nor ws it designed to cater to special interests nor religions that violate the rest of it.

If Hillary had stated similar, the media would probably be stating today how it may not be a bad idea. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
07-15-2016, 04:30 PM

For me it doesn't, not just the first either. I didn't give you either of the choices. Reminds me very much of, "If that isn't working, try following directions."

Gunny
07-15-2016, 04:35 PM
For me it doesn't, not just the first either. I didn't give you either of the choices. Reminds me very much of, "If that isn't working, try following directions."

The media and the left are the ones giving the choices and no one will stand up to either. They pick and choose what does and doesn't count. Look at these college students willing to give up their 1st Amendment Rights?

On this issue I agree with Gingrich. We're letting people in and don't know who they are. Was 9/11 that so long ago we've forgotten what these people will do?

Elessar
07-15-2016, 06:28 PM
The media and the left are the ones giving the choices and no one will stand up to either. They pick and choose what does and doesn't count. Look at these college students willing to give up their 1st Amendment Rights?

On this issue I agree with Gingrich. We're letting people in and don't know who they are. Was 9/11 that so long ago we've forgotten what these people will do?

People who lived through that and have calm, logical thinking processes have NOT forgotten.

But I am not going to accuse many on the left as being calm and logical.

If you look at the MSM carefully you will see that the First Amendment 'freedom' only applies to the left;
others on the Right are censored, misquoted, or derided.

Gunny
07-15-2016, 11:33 PM
People who lived through that and have calm, logical thinking processes have NOT forgotten.

But I am not going to accuse many on the left as being calm and logical.

If you look at the MSM carefully you will see that the First Amendment 'freedom' only applies to the left;
others on the Right are censored, misquoted, or derided.

Why do you think I passed on journalism, joined the Corps and voted for Reagan? I understand EXACTLY how the media operates. Got a whole high school worth of training. And it was tame then compared to now. NBC didn't own half the cable channels we didn't have then like they do now.

I decided just lying to people wasn't going to work. So I decided to shoot them instead. :laugh2: