PDA

View Full Version : Michael Flynn: Nice Attack Will Reveal 'Big Connection' to Radical Islam

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 02:15 PM
Imagine that, someone using the term "radical islam".

There will be a "big connection to the radical groups" that espouse radical Islamic ideology, and ties could stretch far, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn warned Friday morning.

"I don't want to talk about the tactics of what happened and this unbelievable tragedy on essentially France's Independence Day," Flynn told Fox News' "Fox & Friends" program. "We're going to find a big connection here to the radical groups that espouse this ideology.

"There will be ties that go all throughout Europe, or go throughout all north Africa, back into the Middle East and even al-Qaida."

The radical ideology is alive, said Flynn, and solutions are needed.

"We need Congress to come up with solutions and have strong leaders step up to the plate," said Flynn. "In the last 24 hours, I have called out for the leaders of Iran, [Sayyed Ali Hosseini ] Khamenei, and the leaders of the Muslim world, I can tick them off if you want.

"There's a bunch of countries with a bunch of so-called leaders to step up and call this what it is. They know they have a problem inside of their own system."

And, he continued, he would like to see President Barack Obama bring in all the major players and call for a change, and to tell them that attacks such as those that occurred in Nice, France, where nearly 100 people were run over and killed by a truck while watching a holiday fireworks show.

"This is so abhorrent, and it can be dealt with," said Flynn, calling for a strategy to win.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Michael-Flynn-Nice-Terror-Attack-Connection/2016/07/15/id/738823/