Bilgerat
07-15-2016, 04:37 PM
He slaps Brady with a four game hit for something that was NEVER proven

Yet Cleveland Browns' Isaiah Crowell put out on Instagram this picture;

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9098&stc=1

And all you hear is crickets?

Abbey Marie
07-15-2016, 04:38 PM
He's afraid to alienate black folks. Shameful.

Bilgerat
07-15-2016, 04:39 PM
He's afraid to alienate black folks. Shameful.

So it's BLACK privilege?

Abbey Marie
07-15-2016, 04:42 PM
So it's BLACK privilege?

No such thing!

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 04:59 PM
Because he apologized :rolleyes: and yep, probably afraid to suspend a black person over such things in fear of whatever backlash may come. But promoting what he did? I think a suspension was in order - ESPECIALLY in comparison as you say. A little less air in the ball OR someone implying that the police should be murdered.

Gunny
07-15-2016, 05:06 PM
Because he apologized :rolleyes: and yep, probably afraid to suspend a black person over such things in fear of whatever backlash may come. But promoting what he did? I think a suspension was in order - ESPECIALLY in comparison as you say. A little less air in the ball OR someone implying that the police should be murdered.

I'll ask again since I never got an answer. To what purpose does a QB deflate a ball? The oONLY person on the team it helps is a receiver. It hurts the QB and the kicker. The ball won't go as far deflated.

If anything, I'd have it overinflated so it'd go further. Did any of y'all ever PLAY football? Or take a physics class? Better question ... what has Goodell ever done? He's just another suit.

Nobody's going to deflate a football purposefully. It doesn't feel right and screws up your game and your timing.

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 05:15 PM
I'll ask again since I never got an answer. To what purpose does a QB deflate a ball? The oONLY person on the team it helps is a receiver. It hurts the QB and the kicker. The ball won't go as far deflated.

If anything, I'd have it overinflated so it'd go further. Did any of y'all ever PLAY football? Or take a physics class? Better question ... what has Goodell ever done? He's just another suit.

Nobody's going to deflate a football purposefully. It doesn't feel right and screws up your game and your timing.

I'm pretty sure I was defending in this case, saying that was LESS of an offense. But if you must... YES, if very cold, or wet/rain, the ball is SO much easier to grip. That's a FACT. It won't effect the kicker, as they bring in different balls for kicking.

And yes, I played my entire life as a pathetic but psycho nuts football fan. I also played for at least 8 years in organized football.

And no one would? MANY QB's came out after this started admitting they used to do the same, and other spoke up that they used to do it for the QB. So it's FAR from "nobody" is going to do it.

Oh, and all those years I played organized I was the QB. I think Jeff when he gets back, even though he likes to fuck with me, will admit to how good I was. Probably won the title 5 out of 8 of those years. I was an awesome QB for someone that was undersized, but I beat out the larger folks year after year. Not bragging, just making it clear that YES, I have played, and I'm very aware of the ball and how it works and responds. :)

Gunny
07-15-2016, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure I was defending in this case, saying that was LESS of an offense. But if you must... YES, if very cold, or wet/rain, the ball is SO much easier to grip. That's a FACT. It won't effect the kicker, as they bring in different balls for kicking.

And yes, I played my entire life as a pathetic but psycho nuts football fan. I also played for at least 8 years in organized football.

And no one would? MANY QB's came out after this started admitting they used to do the same, and other spoke up that they used to do it for the QB. So it's FAR from "nobody" is going to do it.

Oh, and all those years I played organized I was the QB. I think @Jeff (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1539) when he gets back, even though he likes to fuck with me, will admit to how good I was. Probably won the title 5 out of 8 of those years. I was an awesome QB for someone that was undersized, but I beat out the larger folks year after year. Not bragging, just making it clear that YES, I have played, and I'm very aware of the ball and how it works and responds. :)

Now tell me how much money wasted on this crap. I don't know why anyone puts a dime into the NFL. And unless they are going to test every ball in every game, then I don't want to hear it. Of all things, games are supposed to be fair, right?

I don't like cheaters and I never cheated. When you cheat, you don't really win. But enforcing rules selectively is a BIG reason I rarely watch professional sports anymore. This is just another example that reinforces my opinion and disdain.

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Now tell me how much money wasted on this crap. I don't know why anyone puts a dime into the NFL. And unless they are going to test every ball in every game, then I don't want to hear it. Of all things, games are supposed to be fair, right?

I don't like cheaters and I never cheated. When you cheat, you don't really win. But enforcing rules selectively is a BIG reason I rarely watch professional sports anymore. This is just another example that reinforces my opinion and disdain.

I agree, they shouldn't have spent a nickel on this. I think that QB's should be able to adjust how much air is preferred by them. I think this whole thing never should have even started, and no rule should ever have existed about that. But unfortunately, some idiot somewhere decided to make the rules of PSI between certain parameters, and it applies equally to all teams. So it should be enforced. But my next opinion is that they should also do away with that rule, I can't see why they have an issue with it. But after suspending the leagues best known face and multi SB winner, they won't touch that one for quite some time now!

Gunny
07-15-2016, 05:33 PM
I agree, they shouldn't have spent a nickel on this. I think that QB's should be able to adjust how much air is preferred by them. I think this whole thing never should have even started, and no rule should ever have existed about that. But unfortunately, some idiot somewhere decided to make the rules of PSI between certain parameters, and it applies equally to all teams. So it should be enforced. But my next opinion is that they should also do away with that rule, I can't see why they have an issue with it. But after suspending the leagues best known face and multi SB winner, they won't touch that one for quite some time now!

They should do away with a LOT of stupid rules. They just keep making more and more. That and the selective enforcement of them is why I quit watching the games. I was getting too pissed off. Over a game.

If it makes you feel better I hate baseball umpires and basketball refs and boxing/martial arts judges equally as much. I think they all hire from the Lighthouse of the Blind in San Antonio.

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 05:44 PM
They should do away with a LOT of stupid rules. They just keep making more and more. That and the selective enforcement of them is why I quit watching the games. I was getting too pissed off. Over a game.

If it makes you feel better I hate baseball umpires and basketball refs and boxing/martial arts judges equally as much. I think they all hire from the Lighthouse of the Blind in San Antonio.

I think the refs in the NFL are pretty darn good. That's a LOT to watch on the field on every play, in just a few seconds. It's the LEAGUE and their rules that I take issue with. I assume that's what you mean too, the league and their dumb shit. And same with this one here and this picture. If that were a white person making such a post, and calling for the death of BLM activists for example - I believe he would have been either suspended by the league or by his own team.

Off topic... I've read a shitload of stories in the past few weeks (probably more) of people getting fired all over for posts they made on Facebook, or Twitter, condemning the black lives matter group. I honestly can't say I've seen a single person fired over posting stuff about hating/condemning the police, the white police, white people or whatever.

Gunny
07-15-2016, 05:52 PM
I think the refs in the NFL are pretty darn good. That's a LOT to watch on the field on every play, in just a few seconds. It's the LEAGUE and their rules that I take issue with. I assume that's what you mean too, the league and their dumb shit. And same with this one here and this picture. If that were a white person making such a post, and calling for the death of BLM activists for example - I believe he would have been either suspended by the league or by his own team.

Off topic... I've read a shitload of stories in the past few weeks (probably more) of people getting fired all over for posts they made on Facebook, or Twitter, condemning the black lives matter group. I honestly can't say I've seen a single person fired over posting stuff about hating/condemning the police, the white police, white people or whatever.

I got a real good damned plan for THAT. If you're in the public eye, STAY THE F*CK OFF. I'm under the radar and don't go on it. I sure as Hell wouldn't be as a public figure. I'm not going to load your weapon with my words for you.

And I know most everybody does it, but it is illogical to me. Anyone wants to talk to me can PM me here.

Elessar
07-15-2016, 06:52 PM

I was a back-up long-snapper and back-up kicker. For a snapper, a deflated ball is harder get the right spiral on to get it to the punter or holder.
As a kicker, the ball will definitely not travel as far or as accurately.

Receivers these days wear gloves to aid in gripping the damn thing, so underinflating makes no sense. They're hard as a rock
when playing in the cold, though.

Did anyone doing this 'investigation' test the calibration of the gauge used to test the balls?

Not defending Brady....but something just does not click.

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 06:55 PM
I was a back-up long-snapper and back-up kicker. For a snapper, a deflated ball is harder get the right spiral on to get it to the punter or holder.

Receivers these days wear gloves to aid in gripping the damn thing, so underinflating makes no sense. They're hard as a rock

Did anyone doing this 'investigation' test the calibration of the gauge used to test the balls?

The only person that would ever gain an advantage would be the QB, for grip. Other than that, as you have pointed out, none of the other positions will gain an advantage from a ball with less air. A kicker will definitely suffer. A WR, I suppose it all depends, those overpriced bastards should catch it either way, but they are trained to catch a fully inflated ball of course. But like I said, don't forget that they have various balls prepared, and the kickers wouldn't be harmed by a QB's under inflated balls.

That's it, I quit, I simply can't write about "balls" anymore!

jimnyc
07-15-2016, 06:56 PM
The only person that would ever gain an advantage would be the QB, for grip. Other than that, as you have pointed out, none of the other positions will gain an advantage from a ball with less air. A kicker will definitely suffer. A WR, I suppose it all depends, those overpriced bastards should catch it either way, but they are trained to catch a fully inflated ball of course. But like I said, don't forget that they have various balls prepared, and the kickers wouldn't be harmed by a QB's under inflated balls.

Oh, and even a QB likely wouldn't even want such an advantage unless maybe it was raining/wet. Then the lower air is when that helps.

Gunny
07-15-2016, 07:02 PM

Goodell's on the tube talking about the "integrity of the game". GMAFB.

Elessar
07-15-2016, 09:55 PM

You totally covered it, Jim. A white player doing that and later apologizing would not be accepted. Yet let some black
player do it....says he is 'wrong' in posting it....is accepted.

Double standard in favor of black big mouths.

Black Diamond
07-15-2016, 10:42 PM

Typical of Goodell. He's a piece of shit. Ray Rice was originally suspended for one game until the video was leaked on TMZ

Gunny
07-15-2016, 11:10 PM
I remember when football was a game and you went out and played. I played for a good 14 years. That includes the last 4 being on my unit teams in the Corps. They stopped that because they decided too many Marines were not at work due to injury. :laugh:

Elessar
07-16-2016, 12:20 AM
I remember when football was a game and you went out and played. I played for a good 14 years. That includes the last 4 being on my unit teams in the Corps. They stopped that because they decided too many Marines were not at work due to injury. :laugh:

I did around 22...some even on asphalt playgrounds in Queens NY.

Gunny
07-16-2016, 12:52 AM
I did around 22...some even on asphalt playgrounds in Queens NY.

I wasn't counting playground time. I wouldn't know where to start adding that one up. We did tend to stay out of the street however. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
07-16-2016, 01:01 PM

I would say, whatever helps the receiver, helps the team. And I doubt the deflation would be so severe as to hurt a talented QB like Brady. Just count on the fact that if it didn't help overall, Belicheat would not have done it.

Elessar
07-16-2016, 01:32 PM

Nobody around here is going to play with your 'balls', silly!:laugh2:

Gunny
07-16-2016, 07:45 PM
I would say, whatever helps the receiver, helps the team. And I doubt the deflation would be so severe as to hurt a talented QB like Brady. Just count on the fact that if it didn't help overall, Belicheat would not have done it.

If it was even purposefully done. I've never seen any concrete evidence that it was.

Black Diamond
07-17-2016, 03:30 PM

I wonder if the asswipe today is dressed like that. So far the description doesn't sound too far from the guy in that photo

Gunny
07-17-2016, 03:52 PM
The funnist thing about the ESPYS (before I turned it off) is John Cena did the opening. At one point he says something all on the lines of y'all don't have to worry about working for a manipulative, egomaniac pulling strings from behind the scenes like Vince McMahon. There's a big pick of McMahon on the screen.

Then it switches to Roger Goodell and he says Or do you?

That whole show is a joke. They let a bunch of "victim" blacks use it as a political platform.

Bilgerat
07-17-2016, 05:33 PM
​This asshat need to go!

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13769375_907383616040623_7128742154960623922_n.jpg ?oh=99ea1f6a97ce3f529a6bb1eba8d906f9&oe=58369D36