PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan: Trump's 'Not My Kind of Conservative'

jimnyc
07-19-2016, 11:19 AM
The title is bad, but his full set of words aren't quite as bad. Hopefully if they communicate, I mean all of them, they can work things out, and then unify as best they could to beat Hillary.

-----

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Monday he doesn't see eye-to-eye with Donald Trump when it comes to politics, but he stressed the party needs to get behind the presumptive presidential nominee.

"He's not my kind of conservative, but I come from a different part and wing of the party," Ryan said at a lunch in Cleveland at the Republican National Convention, reports The Hill.

"I think he is a conservative. There are different kinds of conservatives, that's for darn sure."

The lunch was hosted by The Wall Street Journal.

According to the Journal, Ryan added ,"We're a big tent party. Big tent — real big."

Ryan endorsed Trump in early June after hesitating to get behind the outspoken real estate mogul who rocketed to the top of the Republican Party's presidential race. Since then, Ryan has expressed his concerns over some of Trump's statements and positions.

Ryan said Monday he's convinced the party must unite and stand behind Trump if they want to win the presidency.

"What I do know for sure is if we disunify, then we hand the left the country by default for another four years," Ryan said, according to the Journal. "I just don't want to be a party to that. I don't want to be complicit to that."

After calling his relationship with Trump "frank," Ryan said, "There are things I take issue with that I want to make sure it's clear why I do. He does listen."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Paul-Ryan-Trump-Conservative/2016/07/18/id/739246/

Gunny
07-19-2016, 12:09 PM
The title is bad, but his full set of words aren't quite as bad. Hopefully if they communicate, I mean all of them, they can work things out, and then unify as best they could to beat Hillary.

-----

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Monday he doesn't see eye-to-eye with Donald Trump when it comes to politics, but he stressed the party needs to get behind the presumptive presidential nominee.

"He's not my kind of conservative, but I come from a different part and wing of the party," Ryan said at a lunch in Cleveland at the Republican National Convention, reports The Hill.

"I think he is a conservative. There are different kinds of conservatives, that's for darn sure."

The lunch was hosted by The Wall Street Journal.

According to the Journal, Ryan added ,"We're a big tent party. Big tent — real big."

Ryan endorsed Trump in early June after hesitating to get behind the outspoken real estate mogul who rocketed to the top of the Republican Party's presidential race. Since then, Ryan has expressed his concerns over some of Trump's statements and positions.

Ryan said Monday he's convinced the party must unite and stand behind Trump if they want to win the presidency.

"What I do know for sure is if we disunify, then we hand the left the country by default for another four years," Ryan said, according to the Journal. "I just don't want to be a party to that. I don't want to be complicit to that."

After calling his relationship with Trump "frank," Ryan said, "There are things I take issue with that I want to make sure it's clear why I do. He does listen."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Paul-Ryan-Trump-Conservative/2016/07/18/id/739246/

Another pot calling the kettle black. Paul Ryan, IMO, is not a conservative. He's establishment GOP. Trump isn't conservative either.

These guys need to quit taking shots and get a gameplan to win. I may sound like a broken record on that one, but my point remains the same.

Hitlery is attacking Trump all over my TV. The GOP is still bickering with itself. If Hitlery gets in office we're screwed.