PDA

View Full Version : Obama pesters Supremes for amnesty permission

jimnyc
07-19-2016, 12:39 PM
He apparently doesn't believe much in the law. Maybe he saw what happened with Hillary and figures he can do whatever he wants, that perhaps he's above the law?

-----

President Obama first said he didn’t have the authority to change America’s immigration laws to allow amnesty for millions of illegal aliens already in the country. Then he had administration officials re-interpret existing law to allow that amnesty.

When he was sued by 26 states, led by Texas, he claimed he still could go ahead with his plan, but lost in court.

Then he lost at the appellate court level. And at the Supreme Court.

But the White House now is insisting the high court re-visit the case the justices already decided, because it didn’t turn out the way administration officials wanted.

A report from Pete Williams at NBC has confirmed the Obama administration has submitted a request for the justices to consider the case again.

“The request was a long shot, because such moves are usually rejected,” he reported.

It was just a month ago that the justices, on a 4-4 tie, left standing the lower appellate court decision that found Obama did not have the authority to mandate the changes in federal law he wanted.

That lower court had affirmed a district judge’s ruling that the Constitution doesn’t give the president that authority.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/obama-pesters-supremes-for-amnesty-permission/

Elessar
07-19-2016, 12:43 PM
It figures he would pull this kind of thing.

He's been beaten back legally and Constitutionally, yet insists on re-writing law and
thrusting it on others.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-19-2016, 06:48 PM
He apparently doesn't believe much in the law. Maybe he saw what happened with Hillary and figures he can do whatever he wants, that perhaps he's above the law?

-----

President Obama first said he didn’t have the authority to change America’s immigration laws to allow amnesty for millions of illegal aliens already in the country. Then he had administration officials re-interpret existing law to allow that amnesty.

When he was sued by 26 states, led by Texas, he claimed he still could go ahead with his plan, but lost in court.

But the White House now is insisting the high court re-visit the case the justices already decided, because it didn’t turn out the way administration officials wanted.

A report from Pete Williams at NBC has confirmed the Obama administration has submitted a request for the justices to consider the case again.

“The request was a long shot, because such moves are usually rejected,” he reported.

It was just a month ago that the justices, on a 4-4 tie, left standing the lower appellate court decision that found Obama did not have the authority to mandate the changes in federal law he wanted.

That lower court had affirmed a district judge’s ruling that the Constitution doesn’t give the president that authority.

Now that they had Scalia murdered its time to try crap this.
Myself, I wonder which Judge they have pressured(blackmailed/threatened) and have in their pocket.
Remembered they turned a right-wing judge to keep obamacare..--Tyr

Elessar
07-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Now that they had Scalia murdered its time to try crap this.
Myself, I wonder which Judge they have pressured(blackmailed/threatened) and have in their pocket.
Remembered they turned a right-wing judge to keep obamacare..--Tyr

Bad accusation Tyr. Need to see fact about that statement, My friend.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-19-2016, 08:15 PM
Bad accusation Tyr. Need to see fact about that statement, My friend.

No it is not a -bad accusation- , yes it is an accusation.
One that is not given in other capacity than my personal opinion.
The timing, circumstances and manner of deposition of his body, all point to something shady...
And Scalia being the strongest voice as far as being an original Constitutionalist that stood in obama's way makes it also QUITE CONVENIENT THAT HE PASSED AWAY IN TIME FOR THE OBAMA TO DO MORE IN HIS LAST YEAR IN OFFICE.
When I smell fish, I do not think deserts or mountain tops, my friend..--Tyr

DLT
07-20-2016, 11:15 AM

-----

Typical despicable lefties. They always want a do-over whenever they lose, fair and square. And when/if they win, they love to gloat and rub it in. Sore losers AND sore winners. I despise the idiot left in America.