PDA

View Full Version : Different

Gunny
07-20-2016, 04:39 PM
I've run into this more than twice. And it's not just the left that does it. Why does "different" equal "wrong" ? I'm kind of sick of it. Listening to people get all butt hurt because they think because I have a different philosophy I'm saying theirs is wrong. Go jump off a cliff. I won't stop you.

I do NOT think with my emotions. Way it is. That in no way is me saying I'm better than anyone else and I'm about tired of it being perceived that way by people that think with their emotions. Knock yourselves out.

But your emotional decisions are no better than my logical ones. My decisions meant lives. Y'all's are about dinner. I'll stick with mine. I didn't have the luxury of what I wanted. I have the luxury of what I have and how to use it.

*Prick mode on* Must be nice to get to sit around and do whatever you want at the expense of others. You get to be all emotional and think things should be as you say instead of checking out the reality of how they are.

I don't give a flying fuck what you do. Please allow me the same. After all I fought for Right to say what you think. Allow me my Rights.

jimnyc
07-20-2016, 04:53 PM
You say in one sentence that you aren't better than anyone else. But then in the next you state you made decisions that saved lives, while ours are about dinner. I'm really not sure how you expect people to take such things. Or when you talk about how you can't trust people from the north, or yankees or whatever. I don't get that kind of talk, as if we're somehow different animals or something.

Who is taking away any of your rights? Or are we just going into drama mode?

Gunny
07-20-2016, 05:13 PM
You say in one sentence that you aren't better than anyone else. But then in the next you state you made decisions that saved lives, while ours are about dinner. I'm really not sure how you expect people to take such things. Or when you talk about how you can't trust people from the north, or yankees or whatever. I don't get that kind of talk, as if we're somehow different animals or something.

Who is taking away any of your rights? Or are we just going into drama mode?

What I am saying is this: I live how I live. And we ARE different animals. I was raised in a completely different culture than you. You tend to think everyone thinks the same. Not even close. I'm Southern, Texan and a Marine. What of those can you relate to? I've lived in the north and my first wife was from NY. How many flight hours you got living in the South?

My point about the lives vs dinner is I didn't have the luxury at any point in my life to sit around and fuss about what I'm gonna cook for dinner. It's pointing out the difference. I didn't have the luxury of thinking with my emotions and don't think that's not as much a curse as a blessing.

I accept you and everyone else here for who and what they are, good or bad. So I don't need any damned snide remarks because I think differently than you. Why do you think vets tend to not talk? Because you don't understand. And that's not calling anyone stupid. It's you just don't take the time to try.

Gunny
07-20-2016, 05:29 PM
I'll tell you this though ... I'm OCD and they teach you time management in the Corps. I'm definitely more efficient than you and that was probably my whole point poking at you. Some chose to be offended instead.

I don't want nor need to spend an hour washing dishes for a meal it took an hour to prepare and 15 minutes to eat. I can run dinner in less than 30 minutes and you'll have everything you need to sustain you.

I'd rather work out.

PixieStix
07-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Gunny, I am not sure what you are trying to say here. But I have a question.

How do you know that there aren't those here that have saved lives? How do you know how great or not so great their lives are? How do you know what any of us have done to make a difference in this world. I have actually saved lives. No,not in the same fashion, not militarily, but I have

What is wrong with wondering what you are going to feed your family?

What is luxury to you?

We live in America, it is part of being an American, blessed of God and not worrying about a damned mortar falling on your house.

You are not better than me, I am not better than you.

I find the OP bizarre. So maybe you can clear it up for us?

jimnyc
07-20-2016, 06:29 PM
What I am saying is this: I live how I live. And we ARE different animals. I was raised in a completely different culture than you. You tend to think everyone thinks the same. Not even close. I'm Southern, Texan and a Marine. What of those can you relate to? I've lived in the north and my first wife was from NY. How many flight hours you got living in the South?

My point about the lives vs dinner is I didn't have the luxury at any point in my life to sit around and fuss about what I'm gonna cook for dinner. It's pointing out the difference. I didn't have the luxury of thinking with my emotions and don't think that's not as much a curse as a blessing.

I accept you and everyone else here for who and what they are, good or bad. So I don't need any damned snide remarks because I think differently than you. Why do you think vets tend to not talk? Because you don't understand. And that's not calling anyone stupid. It's you just don't take the time to try.

Perhaps there are differences, but you're the only one bring them up and pointing them out. What snide remarks, outside of this thread, are you talking about?

And who doesn't take the time for what? I'm right here, ain't I? I'm not the one dismissing you for ANY reason, whether that be battle tested reasons, or geographical reasons.

And you're going to be dismissive of me, of New York, of other millions and millions - because your ex was from NY? Talk about your large brushes. But I suppose that's another difference. Because I know some southern assholes, and have met some of the dumbest people on earth while down there - and I didn't think for a second to paint everyone from Georgia to New Mexico the same.

I guess me just be a dumb 'ol Yankee! :beer:

jimnyc
07-20-2016, 06:32 PM
The only cliff I could find was at the end of my block. It's not much of a drop, probably like 10 feet or so and you land in the school grounds. I went and jumped as asked. It didn't knock me out. But getting older, it also wasn't very pleasant either.

Was I supposed to dive, like head first? Maybe that would have worked better? :lol:

Elessar
07-20-2016, 06:36 PM

I agree with that...some try to push vets into a corner and pin them down.

Personally, I think you need to take 5 and relax a little. Very few here are your enemy and
you are highly respected and admired just for being You.

You can be outright silly at times, but when you put on your game face, folks stand up and take notice.

To me...never think you have to change Who and What you are. I can brush off some comments;
some I go right after.:beer:

PixieStix
07-20-2016, 06:38 PM
I gotta go worry about what's for dinner :coffee:

Elessar
07-20-2016, 06:44 PM

How do you know that there aren't those here that have saved lives? How do you know how great or not so great their lives are? How do you know what any of us have done to make a difference in this world. I have actually saved lives. No,not in the same fashion, not militarily, but I have

Snipped for brevity....

Good Post PixieStix...

I've been responsible for saving hundreds and assisting thousands. Different jobs and
different missions than the Marines. They would rather protect and save than take lives.
Killing is distasteful to a stable person. Bank on that! Just like Cops...Bank on that as well.

But they all count as one very tight brotherhood in my view.

Gunny
07-20-2016, 06:44 PM

What is wrong with wondering what you are going to feed your family?

What is luxury to you?

We live in America, it is part of being an American, blessed of God and not worrying about a damned mortar falling on your house.

Nice. But irrelevant. And you of all people know to not start this crap with me. I don't tell anyone what to do and you KNOW that.

This doesn't concern you. And you're lost in the sauce in this thread. I created it so I wasn't derailing someone else's. You couldn't get your own dinner if it walked up in your yard. That is NOT the point.

The point is y'all are as weird to me as I am to you. Well, you ain't. Y'all see "wrong" and I see "different". There's nothing about freedom nor democracy that mentality represents. Rather, it represents oppression. "Think like me or you're wrong". A complete lack of understanding. Fuck that BS.

But you of all people know if you come after me at some point I'm coming back at you, guns loaded.

jimnyc
07-20-2016, 06:49 PM
But you of all people know if you come after me at some point I'm coming back at you, guns loaded.

Sure, because I see everyone attacking you left and right. :rolleyes:

I've not attacked you, only defended what I saw was retarded jabs at a large swath of people, that includes myself. And even then I never attacked you. I guess you don't like when a Yankee defends his land?

jimnyc
07-20-2016, 06:53 PM
I'm dropping out of this one. I have NO ISSUE WITH ANYONE.

I have no issue with anyone from the south.

I have no issue with veterans, I love them.

I do take issue if someone mocks folks from the north, just because we're from the north. That's just kinda dumb.

But I still have no issues. I have nothing to defend.

Gunny
07-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Sure, because I see everyone attacking you left and right. :rolleyes:

I've not attacked you, only defended what I saw was retarded jabs at a large swath of people, that includes myself. And even then I never attacked you. I guess you don't like when a Yankee defends his land?

I never said you did. (Attack me). But you're missing my point. A couple of snide remarks were made about me. My only emotion is anger.

Not sure about your last sentence? Invading Virginia isn't defending anything.

So let's switch topics. I'm Southern. Born and bred. We don't call y'all yankees anymore than y'all act like we're ignorant animals and you need to think for us. I honestly say it tongue in cheek.

What I don't like is people refusing to recognize there IS a difference between us. Our cultures are different. It's the same mentality that drives me nuts about thinking we're going to instill democracy in the Middle East. They don't think like us.

I'm at a loss about this "yankee" thing. Y'all are NOT like us. Never have been. But you'll call us "Southerners" in a second. I don't give a crap where you're from nor what you eat.

The whole point here is about mentality and situation.

gabosaurus
07-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Gunny, can I ask why you are perpetually in self defense mode? Any why you think you are still at war with whatever enemies you have conjured up to do battle with?

But your emotional decisions are no better than my logical ones. My decisions meant lives. Y'all's are about dinner. I'll stick with mine. I didn't have the luxury of what I wanted. I have the luxury of what I have and how to use it.

Your decisions no longer mean lives. Your current decisions are about dinner, just like ours. A lot of people grow up poor. A lot of people served in the military. They did their time. They fought for us, they saved lives, they watched as others lost their lives. The ones that came home don't think about their past life anymore. They would prefer to think about dinner.

Like it or not, you DO think with your emotions. This thread is about your emotions. You were sitting around feeling butt hurt because you think others do whatever they want at your expense. So you got all emotional wrote things instead of checking out the reality of how others are.

In many of your comments, you talk about how you get upset when people thank you for your service. You don't want to be thanked because you were just doing your job.
Then there are times (like this thread) where you feel the need to tell us (over and over) that you deserve special privileges because you fought in the military.

Dude, I respect your service. But you are not more special than anyone else on this board. And you need to start thinking more about dinner and less about the perceived enemies at your doorstep.

Elessar
07-20-2016, 07:26 PM
Gunny, can I ask why you are perpetually in self defense mode? Any why you think you are still at war with whatever enemies you have conjured up to do battle with?

In many of your comments, you talk about how you get upset when people thank you for your service. You don't want to be thanked because you were just doing your job.
Then there are times (like this thread) where you feel the need to tell us (over and over) that you deserve special privileges because you fought in the military.

Dude, I respect your service. But you are not more special than anyone else on this board. And you need to start thinking more about dinner and less about the perceived enemies at your doorstep.

I am NOT seeing a request for 'Special Privileges' here,

I am seeing a concerned person blowing off steam.

You do it yourself in a different manner.

Gunny
07-20-2016, 07:33 PM

Your decisions no longer mean lives. Your current decisions are about dinner, just like ours. A lot of people grow up poor. A lot of people served in the military. They did their time. They fought for us, they saved lives, they watched as others lost their lives. The ones that came home don't think about their past life anymore. They would prefer to think about dinner.

Like it or not, you DO think with your emotions. This thread is about your emotions. You were sitting around feeling butt hurt because you think others do whatever they want at your expense. So you got all emotional wrote things instead of checking out the reality of how others are.

Gabby, can I ask why you are perpetually in "I don't get it" mode? I try to play nice. I'm in attack mode. I'm trying to make my point without offending people I respect.

You tell me what special privilege I've asked for. Go ahead. I'll sit here and re-grow hair while you try. I don't ask ask for special privileges for me and that is SO leftwing of you. I ask for understanding by and from ALL. If you go look at what "liberal" means you'd understand that.

But you don't. You took a word that used to mean something real and turned it into dirt. The enemies at my doorstep are you and your ilk.

THAT is the whole point of this thread. Don't tell me what to f*cking think. I'm not some pampered little ass that ever got a damned thing I wished I had.

gabosaurus
07-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Gabby, can I ask why you are perpetually in "I don't get it" mode? I try to play nice. I'm in attack mode. I'm trying to make my point without offending people I respect.

You tell me what special privilege I've asked for. Go ahead. I'll sit here and re-grow hair while you try. I don't ask ask for special privileges for me and that is SO leftwing of you. I ask for understanding by and from ALL. If you go look at what "liberal" means you'd understand that.

But you don't. You took a word that used to mean something real and turned it into dirt. The enemies at my doorstep are you and your ilk.

THAT is the whole point of this thread. Don't tell me what to f*cking think. I'm not some pampered little ass that ever got a damned thing I wished I had.

How can you be in "attack mode" while trying not to offend people you respect?
You are asking me not to tell you what to think, while you are telling me how to think.
How am I some pampered little ass that got every damned thing you wished you had? That's what I don't understand. How am I the enemy at your door?
My parents both worked. Neither of them made a great deal of money. We were lower middle class. We lived in a working class neighborhood. My mom and dad are still there.

I'm not trying to tell you how to think. I am telling you what I think.
I am just wondering why being a liberal makes me your enemy. You haven't made that clear yet.

Elessar
07-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Tell you what I think.....

Then I will back out.

Gabby, sometimes you approach many people with an evil and foul mouth.
If that sets a person on their heels for a moment, that is YOUR fault.

Reacting to those comments by others is your fault as well because you precipitated it.

aboutime
07-20-2016, 08:10 PM
You are asking me not to tell you what to think, while you are telling me how to think.
How am I some pampered little ass that got every damned thing you wished you had? That's what I don't understand. How am I the enemy at your door?
My parents both worked. Neither of them made a great deal of money. We were lower middle class. We lived in a working class neighborhood. My mom and dad are still there.

I am just wondering why being a liberal makes me your enemy. You haven't made that clear yet.

Gabby. In answer to your question to gunny. Perhaps if you first tell us WHY you will vote for Hillary in November....may just answer the question....Honestly.
Are you capable of doing that?

Gunny
07-20-2016, 08:39 PM

No, you instead like to mock how we think. You wouldn't know what being a liberal is if it was brick that fell out of the sky and landed on your head.

Why should I offend people that think differently than me? I have no reason. I attack your arguments. Sure, I'm good for some sarcasm, but trust me, I haven't been after you. You'd know it.

These people have been my friends for over a decade. Who are you again? We argue with each other like a family. Means nothing to me. Doesn't mean one of us ain't going to get pissy every once in awhile.

gabosaurus
07-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Gabby, sometimes you approach many people with an evil and foul mouth.
If that sets a person on their heels for a moment, that is YOUR fault.

Reacting to those comments by others is your fault as well because you precipitated it.

What about the people who approach me with an evil and foul mouth? That happens a lot more often than when I attack them. Do they get a pass because they don't agree with them.
And I don't see how I precipitate it when I am often replying to comments about me.
But I accept your opinions.

Kathianne
07-20-2016, 09:12 PM
What about the people who approach me with an evil and foul mouth? That happens a lot more often than when I attack them. Do they get a pass because they don't agree with them.
And I don't see how I precipitate it when I am often replying to comments about me.

Oh how about that post about the cop killers, military, and PTSD? Truly factless and just anti-military. No response though to the call outs.

Black Diamond
07-20-2016, 09:15 PM
Oh how about that post about the cop killers, military, and PTSD? Truly factless and just anti-military. No response though to the call outs.

She does that often. It's just usually more tacit.

gabosaurus
07-20-2016, 09:15 PM
No, you instead like to mock how we think. You wouldn't know what being a liberal is if it was brick that fell out of the sky and landed on your head.

Why should I offend people that think differently than me? I have no reason. I attack your arguments. Sure, I'm good for some sarcasm, but trust me, I haven't been after you. You'd know it.

These people have been my friends for over a decade. Who are you again? We argue with each other like a family. Means nothing to me. Doesn't mean one of us ain't going to get pissy every once in awhile.

Who am I again? Obviously you don't remember how long I have been here. And back on USMB. I believe I came there around 2002 or so. I know all these people as well as you do.
Gunny, consider yourself fortunate that you are a conservative. Imagine trying to be a liberal on this board for more than a dozen years. Would you still be here if you had people attacking you every day?
I argue with everyone on this board on occasion. No one's attacks mean anything personal to me. Once I slap that red X, the board is gone and I am back in the real world.

Gunny
07-20-2016, 09:16 PM

I don't agree with people getting in others faces anymore than I agree with you telling people what they should think. I also know from spending half my career in SoCal, you're full of it. Spent a good 4 years in Monterey as a kid. People don't act like you claim there.

Want to try again, ma'am?

gabosaurus
07-20-2016, 09:26 PM

It wasn't factless or anti-military. You (and others) merely chose to take it that way.

gabosaurus
07-20-2016, 09:31 PM
I don't agree with people getting in others faces anymore than I agree with you telling people what they should think. I also know from spending half my career in SoCal, you're full of it. Spent a good 4 years in Monterey as a kid. People don't act like you claim there.
Want to try again, ma'am?

Eh? People don't act like I claim? How do I claim to act?
Like you said yourself, no one grew up like you did.
My mom and dad both grew up in the Dallas area. Neither of them grew up like you did. So how can you claim to know how I act?
Want to try that again?

Gunny
07-20-2016, 09:36 PM
It wasn't factless or anti-military. You (and others) merely chose to take it that way.

You have a track record. You can't find facts to back you up if God came down and gave you some. And you aren't anti-military?

How about the thread where you posted pics of my brothers and sisters flagged draped coffins? How do you think their families feel about that? "My child/husband gave his life for this country" and along comes Gabby to politicize those that gave all.

Keep trying. You're losing your ass.

aboutime
07-20-2016, 09:41 PM
My mom and dad both grew up in the Dallas area. Neither of them grew up like you did. So how can you claim to know how I act?
Want to try that again?

gabby. Your key word above is "ACT". You still aren't good enough, or convincing enough to prove your whole goal here is TO ACT. Phonies are ACTORS like you.

Elessar
07-20-2016, 09:43 PM

Have you EVER seen me do that? How many here open a discussion ripping into you?
Nobody I have see here so far has gone after you with a foul mouth except in retaliation
to your writing. Jimmy...masturbating...So cute of you.

You do that often. I will not if you are not in the thread.
If you can't take criticism then you should sit back and watch.

You rip into people for no good reason except that you disagree with them and fail
to understand what they, We, have experienced.

You're not some holy Saint. You need to get over yourself.

Elessar
07-20-2016, 09:50 PM

Bullshit...You should choose your adjectives, adverbs and phrases better. You're antagonistic
and are going to get called on it...really fast

aboutime
07-20-2016, 09:55 PM
BEWARE of the http://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpg

Kathianne
07-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Already shown that you were dealing with as you wanted, not what actually was fact.

Gunny
07-20-2016, 11:41 PM
Want to try that again?

For real? Your parents grew up 300 miles away from where I did?

Why don't you try being yourself instead of whatever fraudulent crap you got going on? I got more time living in CA than you. You want to tell me what I did and didn't see?

Let me know when you remember 66. The first of many times I lived there. My daughter was born in CA. So let's compare notes.

CSM
07-21-2016, 07:07 AM

I get what you are saying, Gunny. Get that way myself sometimes. I'm Yankee, New Englander and alllll Army. Lived in Texas for quite a few years, lived in Kansas for a few too. We are all different in many ways. All I can say is that some TRY to understand and I am thankful they do. Those that don't try are irrelevant. As for snide remarks....LOL.... let them take their best shot; I take comfort in knowing that I have killed better men than they will ever be! Life is what it is. I ask for nothing I did not earn (good or bad); do the best I can on a daily basis and pretty much hope the hell that others leave me be what I have turned out to be.

and yeah, sometimes I get pissy, sometimes I get angry and sometimes I simply marvel at the stupidity of others. I am not always right but I am not always wrong either. Guess I am a bit human after all. Bad news for you,Gunny, is that you are too! Hang in there though .... it gets worse later....LOL

Gunny
07-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Who am I again? Obviously you don't remember how long I have been here. And back on USMB. I believe I came there around 2002 or so. I know all these people as well as you do.
Gunny, consider yourself fortunate that you are a conservative. Imagine trying to be a liberal on this board for more than a dozen years. Would you still be here if you had people attacking you every day?
I argue with everyone on this board on occasion. No one's attacks mean anything personal to me. Once I slap that red X, the board is gone and I am back in the real world.

First off, I do not remember you from USMB and I ran it for 4 or so years. You like to fly under the radar and do drive-by's. You rarely follow up your posts which you use to aggravate people. I know you only from here.

Second, I don't consider myself a "conservative". I am a liberal from when the word meant something. You NAZIs have stolen the word. I'm only "conservative" because of you, not me. I don't run around telling others what to do or think. But YOU do. There's nothing liberal about that.

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 02:33 PM
As former owner of USMB... Not that it matters, But Gabby, you joined there in February of 2007. This board started in January of 2007. Looks like you got less than a hundred posts over there before finding your way over here. It's all good, just some clarification. There are a few people that I thought I knew well from USMB, only to look and find out they were never even there! We're all better off now at this spot, even if 90,000,000% less congested and busy. :)

Anyway, Gunny was right, we ALL ARE different, and shit happens. I think we can all work a little harder to understand such differences. The differences we all have is EXACTLY what makes this board. I like Noir because he's from somewhere none other is at, and because he's an intelligent little weasel. I love all of our military folks. I love the stories, the knowledge, and the lack of fear that I had when younger. I love aboutime and Namvet. They have more experience than the rest of us and aren't afraid to speak up and speak their minds. I don't want to go on and on with names, because then I will miss someone and feel bad about it. But I like everyone on our board, and almost for all different reasons. And I'd be hard pressed to find someone on this board that I haven't disagreed with stuff about, that I didn't fight with at one point or another. Friends disagree at times, friends learn how to fight as friends, get over it, and still be friends the next day.

Staff is close. We're all friends, and we've learned how to air our grievances without killing one another, and then we make up and move on. That's what friends do. Just wanted to state that, in case anyone wondered if it were more to it than meets the eye.

Gunny
07-21-2016, 04:00 PM
As former owner of USMB... Not that it matters, But Gabby, you joined there in February of 2007. This board started in January of 2007. Looks like you got less than a hundred posts over there before finding your way over here. It's all good, just some clarification. There are a few people that I thought I knew well from USMB, only to look and find out they were never even there! We're all better off now at this spot, even if 90,000,000% less congested and busy. :)

Anyway, Gunny was right, we ALL ARE different, and shit happens. I think we can all work a little harder to understand such differences. The differences we all have is EXACTLY what makes this board. I like Noir because he's from somewhere none other is at, and because he's an intelligent little weasel. I love all of our military folks. I love the stories, the knowledge, and the lack of fear that I had when younger. I love aboutime and Namvet. They have more experience than the rest of us and aren't afraid to speak up and speak their minds. I don't want to go on and on with names, because then I will miss someone and feel bad about it. But I like everyone on our board, and almost for all different reasons. And I'd be hard pressed to find someone on this board that I haven't disagreed with stuff about, that I didn't fight with at one point or another. Friends disagree at times, friends learn how to fight as friends, get over it, and still be friends the next day.

Staff is close. We're all friends, and we've learned how to air our grievances without killing one another, and then we make up and move on. That's what friends do. Just wanted to state that, in case anyone wondered if it were more to it than meets the eye.

You SHOULD feel bad, dipweed. You left out the Sergeant Major.

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 04:08 PM

I said I love all the vets, you fucker!!

But of course I dig CSM. He's someone I look up to and barely know him. I said before, I feel like saluting the man but I ain't no military. His achievements are quite impressive. Just hearing "Sergeant Major" gives you that cool feeling of patriotism when you hear it. He'll be at the top of the list when we are in a thread about honor, patriotism and my being grateful to those who have enlisted - and that's ALL of our vets. :salute:

CSM checked in at USMB when I owned it, July of 2004. :)

GravyBoat
I've run into this more than twice. And it's not just the left that does it. Why does "different" equal "wrong" ? I'm kind of sick of it. Listening to people get all butt hurt because they think because I have a different philosophy I'm saying theirs is wrong. Go jump off a cliff. I won't stop you.

I do NOT think with my emotions. Way it is. That in no way is me saying I'm better than anyone else and I'm about tired of it being perceived that way by people that think with their emotions. Knock yourselves out.

*Prick mode on* Must be nice to get to sit around and do whatever you want at the expense of others. You get to be all emotional and think things should be as you say instead of checking out the reality of how they are.

I don't give a flying fuck what you do. Please allow me the same. After all I fought for Right to say what you think. Allow me my Rights.

Okay.

jimnyc

Btw, yesterday was yesterday and today is today. Almost forgot to tell you to eat shit today!! :lol:

GravyBoat
07-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Whatever someone feels or achieves by their logic, that's an individual decision. But when it seems that others have affected that decision, this is often a source of resentment. I've found that common sense, faith lived, is the surest remedy for all manner of resentment.

It's apparent that the society of the entire world is in a state of entropy, because all change leads to entropy, it's a simple matter of physics. So how does the individual remain noble in the face of change? By doing nothing. Doing nothing is often the best course of action.

Lao Tzu's Doctrine of Inaction

http://www.sacred-texts.com/tao/salt/salt06.htm

Gunny
07-21-2016, 04:23 PM

But of course I dig CSM. He's someone I look up to and barely know him. I said before, I feel like saluting the man but I ain't no military. His achievements are quite impressive. Just hearing "Sergeant Major" gives you that cool feeling of patriotism when you hear it. He'll be at the top of the list when we are in a thread about honor, patriotism and my being grateful to those who have enlisted - and that's ALL of our vets. :salute:

First off, if you salute a Sergeant Major he's like as not to break your hand off. You don't salute enlisted people and damned sure don't call us "sir". We work for a living.

CSM conducts himself exactly like a Sergeant Major. Never says sh*t until he does. He's got Gunny's/SFC's to do his dirty work. The LAST place I want to be is front and center of the SgtMaj's desk. And they are mind-f*ckers from Hell. They'll sit there. pretending to be reading something just to make you stand at the POA forever.

Then they're like "Gunny, why did LCpl Snot do this? Do you not have control of your Marines? Perhaps we need to find a spot in postal for a Gunny that can't handle his Marines. You can stamp letters home."

And y'all think I'm the one's that's warped. :laugh:

CSM
07-22-2016, 06:16 AM
First off, if you salute a Sergeant Major he's like as not to break your hand off. You don't salute enlisted people and damned sure don't call us "sir". We work for a living.

CSM conducts himself exactly like a Sergeant Major. Never says sh*t until he does. He's got Gunny's/SFC's to do his dirty work. The LAST place I want to be is front and center of the SgtMaj's desk. And they are mind-f*ckers from Hell. They'll sit there. pretending to be reading something just to make you stand at the POA forever.

Then they're like "Gunny, why did LCpl Snot do this? Do you not have control of your Marines? Perhaps we need to find a spot in postal for a Gunny that can't handle his Marines. You can stamp letters home."

And y'all think I'm the one's that's warped. :laugh:

I tend to be a bit forgiving of civilians so when they salute I try not to hurt them (at least the not on the first time). For those of you trying to understand, imagine Gunny on steroids but with a bit more authority, a bit more treachery and experience and a tad of restraint. Sergeants Major have usually learned to pick their battles not because they have limited ammo (they don't!) but because the think it's a riot when they nuke the right guy at the right time in the right place .... especially if they think they are in the clear! Makes me laugh just thinking about it!!!!

Gunny
07-22-2016, 06:33 AM
I tend to be a bit forgiving of civilians so when they salute I try not to hurt them (at least the not on the first time). For those of you trying to understand, imagine Gunny on steroids but with a bit more authority, a bit more treachery and experience and a tad of restraint. Sergeants Major have usually learned to pick their battles not because they have limited ammo (they don't!) but because the think it's a riot when they nuke the right guy at the right time in the right place .... especially if they think they are in the clear! Makes me laugh just thinking about it!!!!

Trust me. I'm laughing about it. Troops think Gunny's are the devil. That's just because they don't have to or get to deal with the Sergeant Major. They never know who the real devil is.

CSM
07-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Trust me. I'm laughing about it. Troops think Gunny's are the devil. That's just because they don't have to or get to deal with the Sergeant Major. They never know who the real devil is.

I firmly believed (as an E-5 up to E-8) that if one of my soldiers ended up in the CSMs office for anything other than a promotion board, I had failed as a leader. Besides, somebody has to protect the helpless from those demonic E-9s!

SassyLady
07-23-2016, 02:54 AM

I'm kinda of a vet ... was married to a CSM for 20 years. Does that count enough to be loved? :unsure:

SassyLady
07-23-2016, 02:56 AM

Walk softly with a big stick.

CSM
07-23-2016, 05:55 AM
I'm kinda of a vet ... was married to a CSM for 20 years. Does that count enough to be loved? :unsure:

We all love ya ..... whether or not you were married to a CSM!!!

SassyLady
07-23-2016, 01:21 PM
We all love ya ..... whether or not you were married to a CSM!!!

:thanks:

Gunny
07-23-2016, 01:56 PM
I firmly believed (as an E-5 up to E-8) that if one of my soldiers ended up in the CSMs office for anything other than a promotion board, I had failed as a leader. Besides, somebody has to protect the helpless from those demonic E-9s!

I always thought way until I ran into a certain Cpl my last tour. I have NO idea how me made Cpl. But he was that one guy. He couldn't shoot. Couldn't swim. Couldn't run. A girl beat him at basketball. We came home from float and the idiot that was screwing his wife beat his ass.

I get a call at 2AM, "Gunny get out to San Matteo NOW". Why? Your Corporal rolled the CO's hummer. How the f*ck do you roll a damned hummer? He did it.

So the Sergeant Major is like, Gunny, you best un-f*ck this POS." I told him, "Sergeant Major, if I had the 6,000 piece Craftsman mechanic's set and a can of lube I couldn't un-f*ck the little bastard. I DID offer his services to the SgtMaj though. I was like if the Sergeant Major needs a personal assistant ... :laugh: He had quite a vocabulary about THAT plan.

Elessar
07-23-2016, 03:11 PM
Btw, yesterday was yesterday and today is today. Almost forgot to tell you to eat shit today!! :lol:

I missed this one. Said it before and will say it again (with respect, of course): Asshole!:laugh:

Gunny
07-24-2016, 12:58 AM
I love this guy from Hell on Wheels. They put him in a yankee uniform and he looks like I used to in dress blues. It's like WTF is this? Do I sound like Mr Dress up? :laugh:

CSM
07-24-2016, 06:30 AM
I always thought way until I ran into a certain Cpl my last tour. I have NO idea how me made Cpl. But he was that one guy. He couldn't shoot. Couldn't swim. Couldn't run. A girl beat him at basketball. We came home from float and the idiot that was screwing his wife beat his ass.

I get a call at 2AM, "Gunny get out to San Matteo NOW". Why? Your Corporal rolled the CO's hummer. How the f*ck do you roll a damned hummer? He did it.

So the Sergeant Major is like, Gunny, you best un-f*ck this POS." I told him, "Sergeant Major, if I had the 6,000 piece Craftsman mechanic's set and a can of lube I couldn't un-f*ck the little bastard. I DID offer his services to the SgtMaj though. I was like if the Sergeant Major needs a personal assistant ... :laugh: He had quite a vocabulary about THAT plan.

There are always exceptions to the rule, of course. Those are the ones we recommend for Officer Candidate School.

Gunny
07-24-2016, 07:16 AM
There are always exceptions to the rule, of course. Those are the ones we recommend for Officer Candidate School.

Sergeant Major, this guy was that one untrainable Marine. He had more wrong with him than an AMC Gremlin. If I didn't have my warchief Navajo alcoholic on ship's platoon (means you don't have to see them for the entire float), he was next in the queue. You would have just shook your head. And blamed me. :laugh:

Unfortunately, the SgtMaj on that pump was about as talented as the Cpl. They kept telling me to be nice to him. Nice my ass. My instructions were simple. If we get in the shit, Cpl, you hand me that rifle. Does that mean I get your pistol Gunny? No it means you stand behind me and hope I don't get shot you little f-ing screwup. Think I would consciously hand you a loaded weapon?

Sh*t, this little f*cker dropped a grenade in the pit. He was lucky I wasn't his TMI. Or I was. How do you screw up a three step movement? The TMI ditched the grenade and proceeded to give him some "lessons". I suddenly needed to go get some water. :laugh:

I couldn't fix this little runt for sh*t. I just kept thinking Why on my last tour do I get this idiot? How'd he get through boot camp? They must've been hard up when he went through. The officers kept blaming me and I'm like if he'd been in one of my platoons his ass would be home working at McDonalds.

Elessar
07-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Gunny...

You are a talented writer with a wicked sense of humor.

Ever thought about writing a book on all of this?

"The Life and Times of a Sand Marine":laugh:

Gunny
07-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Gunny...

You are a talented writer with a wicked sense of humor.

Ever thought about writing a book on all of this?

"The Life and Times of a Sand Marine":laugh:

What I learned about writing -- and I haven't done it since we were using an inkstick and clipboard -- is I spent more time changing crap. You don't give an OCD perfectionist type a pen and paper and tell them to do creative writing. It's a total mind f*ck. I had to use pencils with erasers. :laugh:

Structured writing is easy for me. My writing is only colorful because of my time in the Corps. As R Lee Ermey said " Half the time you're a stand up comedian". :laugh: