PDA

View Full Version : Trump Used Cruz to Pull Off Unity

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Perhaps not intended as implied, but it certainly may work out that way!

-----

RUSH: So I wonder if Ted Cruz is just kicking himself today, saying it would have been better if he'd have just plagiarized the Michelle Obama speech. Maybe he'd be in less trouble if he had done that. So all of you people who complain about how boring these conventions are, how there's never any drama, now you got a little drama, now you got a little unexpected, and everybody's having a cow.

Greetings, my friends. It's great to have you here, Rush Limbaugh behind the Golden EIB Microphone. Our telephone number, if you want to be on the program -- and I know you do -- I know I want to weigh in today. Here's the number: 800-282-2882. And the email address, ElRushbo@eibnet.com.

Okay. One of the crucial things here that we have now learned about this is that Trump knew what Cruz was gonna say. Right? That story has been reported, that Cruz's speech was submitted. Cruz has said that the Trump people knew what he was gonna say. The Trump people say that they knew what Cruz was gonna say. And everybody involved let it happen.

So what is the end result of this? There are two overwhelming, inarguable results from this. Number one, we're gonna have a ratings bonanza tonight. And number two, we may be seeing the actual first threads of unity build behind Donald Trump because of this. And it could well be that Trump has pulled off a masterful move letting all this happen.

I think that the argument that he may have done that is sort of rubber-stamped by the fact that he walked in to that convention hall at the exact moment that he knew Cruz was gonna be unloaded on by the audience. He walked into that convention hall last night to his box at the exact moment that it was gonna become, it did become clear to everybody that Cruz was not gonna endorse.

Now, the key to all this is what has been reported, that everybody involved knew what Cruz was gonna say and thus everybody knew that Cruz was not gonna endorse. Now, I have warned everybody time and time again, you cannot judge, analyze, watch this convention through the regular political prism. In this case, what I mean by that is in a normal convention, that speech would never been allowed.

Ted Cruz, even if he had been invited to give that speech and had submitted that speech to the campaign, and the campaign had seen that speech and discovered that there wasn't gonna be an endorsement. And, in fact, not only was there not gonna be an endorsement, there was gonna be something maybe even worse, and that was an intimation from Ted Cruz that he might not vote for Donald Trump.

There is no other candidate that would allow that speech to be made. There's no other candidate that would allow that type of person, that situation, Cruz, to even appear at the convention. But Trump did. The Trump campaign -- and look, I'm basing all this, just to be clear again, on the fact that everybody's reporting that everybody knew what Cruz was gonna say, and they let it happen. And I'm telling you, no way that happens at a George Bush convention, a Bill Clinton convention, a Hillary Clinton convention.

You think the Clintons are gonna allow Bernie Sanders to go up there and say something without knowing word-for-word what he was gonna say? It would never, ever happen. And if Bernie Sanders was gonna go out there and not endorse Hillary and be ambiguous about it, you think Hillary's gonna let him go out there? There is no way. They'll have Elizabeth Warren hijack him on the way to the convention hall and take him to a Burger King or something and keep him tied up for a couple hours so he can never get there.

It would never happen. But it did happen last night. So now you've got all these analysts trying to figure this out and proclaim the ultimate meaning, and the conventional wisdom is that Cruz is toast, he has just ended his career. Dr. Krauthammer said it perhaps in the most creative way. Dr. Krauthammer said: "It was the longest suicide note I have ever read." Is that not good? (laughing) The longest suicide note I've ever read.

Here's the point, again. Because of that last night, look at all the unity now that is starting to occur for Trump. Look at all the people, including some of the Never Trumpers now coming to Trump's defense. Maybe not coming to Trump's defense, they are unifying with Trump against Cruz. You have some Never Trumpers who are applauding Cruz, but it's a minimal number. He does have his supporters out there. And a lot of his supporters are in the Drive-By Media.

Washington Post: "Ted Cruz Distinguished Himself Wednesday Night. Mike Pence Failed." They love it. They're looking at this the wrong way. They think that what happened was that Ted Cruz hijacked the convention and that nobody heard what Mike Pence said, and they're hoping nobody heard what Pence said because Pence was great. But people did hear what Pence said precisely because Cruz did what he did.

There were more eyeballs focused on and more attention being paid to that convention after what Cruz did, 'cause the media was going bananas, and everybody was talking about it, focusing on what would happen next. (interruption) Well, Newt came out. Newt was great last night. Newt was absolutely great. That speech was on the prompter, but you wouldn't know it. Newt was fabulous. And he came out and he tried to tamp down this Cruz controversy by saying (summarized), "Hey, wait a minute. You people don't understand.

"Cruz endorsed. He just didn't do it in a direct way, but when you're talking about 'voting your conscience,' for crying out loud, there's only one ticket here you can possibly vote for if you vote your conscience, and that's the Trump-Pence Republican ticket!" "Yaaay! Right on, right on!" But I just... I think this is all working out to Trump's advantage in all kinds of different ways, and I think Trump is right there in the middle this.

I don't think this is happenstance. Again, folks... Look, I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I've learned that some things need to be repeated over and over again before they actually connect, and all of my opining here is based on the reporting that everybody knew what Cruz was gonna say and let it happen. If that's not true, then some of my opinionizing here, my opinionating is maybe a little off. But I don't think so, even in that case.

But I'm just saying, again: This would not happen at any other convention. Nine o'clock slot? This is when primetime coverage begins. Cruz is number one, he's not gonna endorse, the Trump campaign knew it. Trump is positioned to come into the hall at the very moment the crowd realizes Cruz is not gonna endorse. You saw those electronic glitches on the giant screen behind Cruz when he wasn't making the endorsement?

Rest here - http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/21/trump_used_cruz_to_pull_off_unity

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Cruz Exposes the Brilliance of Trump

Refusal to endorse galvanized everyone against Ted, hands Trump another win

Judging from my Twitter feed, most people equated Ted Cruz’s speech at the Republican National Convention to setting off his political suicide vest on stage. Leading up to the speech, pundits everywhere reminded people that at the end of the bitter 1976 campaign, Reagan gave a brilliant speech, one of his best of all time — but in the end, he endorsed Ford.

But it wasn’t just his words. It was Reagan’s selflessness; his greatness, his devotion, his call to duty and putting country first that rang so true in the hearts and minds of the delegates — and made him the favorite for 1980.

And then there was Cruz.

No less than President Reagan’s son, Michael, said on Twitter, “Was Cruz thinking about 2020 not 2016. Is that why he didn’t endorse? How does that unite the Republican Party. Sad and Selfish.” When one user replied, “NO not selfish! Your dad would be so proud!” Michael replied, “My father would not be proud of Cruz speech. He would think Cruz was selfish and small and he was and is.”

Michael Reagan @ReaganWorld

Was Cruz thinking about 2020 not 2016.Is that why he didn't endorse?How does that unite the Republican Party.Sad and Selfish

The criticism continued. Chris Christie said, "It was an awful, selfish speech by someone ... who showed everybody why he has richly earned the reputation that he has on Capitol Hill. The fact is, we all, all 17 of us, signed a pledge, saying that we would support whoever the nominee was, without qualification ... I just think it was an awful performance by someone who showed himself tonight to not be a man of his word." Staffers from the RNC even piled on, calling it "classless."

Many people were also baffled that Trump, who apparently knew of Cruz's intentions, allowed him on the stage at all. Before the night was out, for those who dreaded that disunity would give Hillary Clinton ammunition, sure enough and right on cue, the Clinton campaign began telling people to "vote their conscience." And on and on it went.

While I was also shocked and deeply disappointed in Cruz — mainly for an opportunity missed — after I got past my shock, I once again had to admire the brilliance of Donald Trump. For someone who has never done politics before, he has proven to be an absolute master at it.

On that opportunity missed, as Cruz's speech built up, I thought it sounded like he was going to endorse. My thoughts began to fill with visions of Trump, who arrived at the convention mid-speech, walking across the stage after a thunderous, "And I endorse Donald ... J. ... Trump for the next President of the United States!" and the two men not only shaking hands but embracing while the crowd went absolutely wild.

And they would have. To me, that was the saddest, most disappointing part: such huge, huge potential that was utterly lost. Two men, putting aside their differences to stand against a common foe, to stand together, united, against the disaster that is Hillary Clinton. Just picture that moment. Instead, what will be remembered is one man choosing himself over country. That was the true shock of it all.

Rest here - http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/cruz-hands-trump-another-win/

GravyBoat
07-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Donald Trump is expert in the "deal". He follows the creed of modern day philosophers like Norman Vincent Peale (who was his pastor), Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, William Clement Stone, and Zig Ziglar. The character and nature of Donald Trump simply doesn't allow for cocksucking little sycophants like Ted Cruz to have any effect on him. So whether or not Ted Cruz gave his endorsement, it amounts to nothing, because Ted Cruz is a nothing. Donald Trump will be the Captain James T. Kirk of American Presidents.

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Donald Trump is expert in the "deal". He follows the creed of modern day philosophers like Norman Vincent Peale (who was his pastor), Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, William Clement Stone, and Zig Ziglar. The character and nature of Donald Trump simply doesn't allow for cocksucking little sycophants like Ted Cruz to have any effect on him. So whether or not Ted Cruz gave his endorsement, it amounts to nothing, because Ted Cruz is a nothing. Donald Trump will be the Captain James T. Kirk of American Presidents.

Wow, a bit rough there. I lost a lot of respect for Cruz last evening, but I don't know about calling him that.

Black Diamond
07-21-2016, 04:52 PM

Shatner or Pine?

Elessar
07-21-2016, 05:54 PM
I thought Gov. Christie's speech was the strongest of all....Then, Newt of course.

Both laid the cards on the table, turned them up for all to see. Both requesting unity.

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 05:56 PM
I thought Gov. Christie's speech was the strongest of all....Then, Newt of course.

Both laid the cards on the table, turned them up for all to see. Both requesting unity.

Christie - putting her in trial, and then asking "guilty or not guilty", and then hearing the "lock her up" non-stop. I thought his speech was fantastic, and I always thought his public speaking was great. I thought he would be a good choice, at least to beat the crap out of Hillary for 4 months.