PDA

View Full Version : Unshaven

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Genuine question. I know I look like a dirtbag, but I really need to know. How bad do I look when unshaven? I always thought it looked like "dirt" on me. I'm 48 years old and I don't think I went unshaven longer than 5 days or so but maybe once. This is without shaving for like 6 days now. Does it look bad on me? I know I'll probably not get any valid feedback, and I'm walking directly into this one.

I tried cutting it once into one of those goatee things and I looked even worse, all uneven and blah. I don't have a good trimmer, so it always looks sloppy.

I want to be able to go much much longer without shaving. Why? Isn't it obvious? I'm a lazy bastard!! But then I would need to learn how to keep it neat and trimmed. And since I never let it grow past like 5 days, I never had to worry about that! :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/7kSGwJ4.jpg

Black Diamond
07-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Looks sexy to me.

Gunny
07-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Genuine question. I know I look like a dirtbag, but I really need to know. How bad do I look when unshaven? I always thought it looked like "dirt" on me. I'm 48 years old and I don't think I went unshaven longer than 5 days or so but maybe once. This is without shaving for like 6 days now. Does it look bad on me? I know I'll probably not get any valid feedback, and I'm walking directly into this one.

I tried cutting it once into one of those goatee things and I looked even worse, all uneven and blah. I don't have a good trimmer, so it always looks sloppy.

I want to be able to go much much longer without shaving. Why? Isn't it obvious? I'm a lazy bastard!! But then I would need to learn how to keep it neat and trimmed. And since I never let it grow past like 5 days, I never had to worry about that! :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/7kSGwJ4.jpg

That's a pretty weak beard, bastard. I need a shave. But I can do that crap in 4 days. I hate the sh*t. Why is it hair grows where you want it to and not where you do want it to?

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 04:52 PM
Looks sexy to me.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/kiss/valentine-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 04:53 PM
That's a pretty weak beard, bastard. I need a shave. But I can do that crap in 4 days. I hate the sh*t. Why is it hair grows where you want it to and not where you do want it to?

I know it's weak, don't know why, facial hair was just never nice to me for whatever reason. Figures, I want to maybe start letting it grow, and a good portion of it is gray now!

hjmick
07-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Good Christ you've gotten old!

How long ago was it we were drinking beers at the Southend? Oh man...

Kathianne
07-21-2016, 04:57 PM

:laugh2:

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 04:58 PM

That was like 2 years ago you dirty bastard!! You're saying I was all young and sexy looking then? :)

hjmick
07-21-2016, 04:59 PM
That was like 2 years ago you dirty bastard!! You're saying I was all young and sexy looking then? :)

Certainly younger looking...

Elessar
07-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Ohh..I let mine go for a few days as well.....just shave the neck because I do not
like the itching around the shirt collar.

Plus when you finally shave it all...it seems to be much closer and smoother.

Never did the goatee / Van Dyke thing either. Why look like 'everyone else'?

Abbey Marie
07-21-2016, 05:31 PM
1. Try a full beard. It could be a good look.
2. Smile!

GravyBoat
07-21-2016, 05:38 PM
I use a hair clipper with a short edge guard to keep my whiskers trimmed to about a five-day growth. I also have a FlowBee that keeps my hair very neat and orderly. So as a result, I'm a very handsome man who gets more pussy than a box of tampons.

jimnyc
07-21-2016, 05:48 PM
1. Try a full beard. It could be a good look.
2. Smile!

I never smile. I can't explain why. Dad was a photographer growing up, had his own professional darkroom and everything in our basement. I was the guinea pig for a few thousand pictures over time. I think I just naturally grew to hate having my picture taken!

hjmick
07-21-2016, 06:01 PM
I never smile. I can't explain why. Dad was a photographer growing up, had his own professional darkroom and everything in our basement. I was the guinea pig for a few thousand pictures over time. I think I just naturally grew to hate having my picture taken!

Having your picture taken steals your soul...

Some cultures believed (believe?) that is true...

CSM
07-22-2016, 06:23 AM
I tried growing a beard for a while and it looked horrid. Have a goatee now (hides a few scars). I think mostly because I didn't get to try that whole "face hair" thing when I was young. I joined the Army when I was 17 and they frown on facial hair (except mustaches). All that and because I have gotten lazy in my old age. If I were Jim, I'd go for the "mutton chops" .... heh.

Gunny
07-22-2016, 06:43 AM
I tried growing a beard for a while and it looked horrid. Have a goatee now (hides a few scars). I think mostly because I didn't get to try that whole "face hair" thing when I was young. I joined the Army when I was 17 and they frown on facial hair (except mustaches). All that and because I have gotten lazy in my old age. If I were Jim, I'd go for the "mutton chops" .... heh.

They threatened to outlaw moustaches every other year in the Corps. Only time I didn't have one was when I was a hat. I hit the clippers once a week or so now. I don't go anywhere and I certainly could care less at this point about impressing some chick. I slob around in my cargo shorts, flip flops and ratty tee shirts.

I don't think I am going to get, nor do I want, a date from the chick behind the counter at Circle K.

Nothing's going to save Jim. He's just stuck looking like that.:laugh:

SassyLady
07-23-2016, 02:40 AM
I think it would look good if you lose the hairy neck. Let it define the contours of your face.

Gunny
07-24-2016, 05:42 PM
I think it would look good if you lose the hairy neck. Let it define the contours of your face.

He doesn't want us to see that second chin he's hiding under that fur. :laugh2:

jimnyc
07-25-2016, 01:53 PM
He doesn't want us to see that second chin he's hiding under that fur. :laugh2:

I certainly wouldn't call it fur, it's more like a heavy peach fuzz. But you said that and I had to go back and look. Shit, it DOES look exactly like you say, that I'm trying to cover it up, and that there's a second chin. The latter is correct, but trying to hide it would be too damn much work. Hell, I already told you I don't have a buzzer/clipper!!

All gone now anyway. Shit, it gets ITCHY after awhile.

https://i.imgur.com/ToIFs0I.jpg

Gunny
07-25-2016, 03:44 PM
I certainly wouldn't call it fur, it's more like a heavy peach fuzz. But you said that and I had to go back and look. Shit, it DOES look exactly like you say, that I'm trying to cover it up, and that there's a second chin. The latter is correct, but trying to hide it would be too damn much work. Hell, I already told you I don't have a buzzer/clipper!!

All gone now anyway. Shit, it gets ITCHY after awhile.

https://i.imgur.com/ToIFs0I.jpg

Yeah, I need to get off my ass and shave too. Desert heat and no shave equal no bueno. But since my daily routine of going out in public is the Circle K for a pack of smokes and some Gatorade, it's not like I give a crap what anyone thinks. Worse, my hair is curly and has more colors than a rainbow. I'm just whatever. The chick at Cirkle K is going to deny me service because I look like a Chia Pet? :laugh:

And don't wish for things you don't want. If I could narrow it down to no hair but moustache, gotee and eyebrows, I'd be there. I hate this fuzzball crap.