PDA

View Full Version : Trump's convention speech

Abbey Marie
07-21-2016, 11:04 PM
I thought he did a very good job. I'm disappointed he never mentioned God, but he did seem quite humble when discussing Evangelicals.

Kathianne
07-21-2016, 11:13 PM
I thought he did a very good job. I'm disappointed he never mentioned God, but he did seem quite humble when discussing Evangelicals.

He says some things that of course I agree with, I just don't believe him.

I am impressed with his kids.

If he ends up being such a terrific presidy daddy, I'll be so happy!

Drummond
07-22-2016, 06:41 AM

I only watched excerpts myself (the BBC and Sky News both relayed the speech, live ..). I think Trump was brilliant.

If he only achieves a fraction of the vision he promises .. America will know an era orders of magnitude better than the current mess courtesy of Obama. Trump comes across as a leader possessing such drive and determination, that whatever the obstacles, you feel he'll overcome them, and deliver greatness and security once more.

Brilliant, just brilliant. I wish the UK had any leader coming even close to this ...

Needless to say, the Left are going 'ape' over here. James O'Brien, talk show host on LBC (London radio station, broadcasting across the UK and now also online) dedicated much of his show today to rubbish the speech, and Trump himself, as best he could. He calls Trump 'the birth of American fascism', someone only deserving of ridicule, if it weren't for the fact he might be President.

[Yes, the Left really hate Trump here. They'll say and do whatever it takes to demonise the man.]

I don't have the smallest doubt that if Trump does win the Presidency, you will truly know greatness once more and enter a new Golden Age. To 'foreigners', his intended measures might seem tough. But they're no less than just, and thoroughly deserved.

If/when Trump does become President, I hope to be one of the first on here to congratulate you all on your good fortune, and my best wishes for a FAR brighter future !!