PDA

View Full Version : Speeches suck

darin
07-22-2016, 01:13 AM
Well at least delivery.

USED TO BE - Speakers would increase emphasis to make points.

Today - The speaker starts talking loud as a cue for the audience to clap and cheer.

We have the speaker deciding when the audience should be moved. It all seems fake.

GravyBoat
07-22-2016, 01:54 AM
Agreed with all you said. And now, the saddest sack in the history of the world:

http://youtu.be/DdCYMvaUcrA

http://youtu.be/DdCYMvaUcrA

darin
07-22-2016, 02:52 AM
yup. Just awful.

Please clap. Ugh.

Abbey Marie
07-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Well at least delivery.

USED TO BE - Speakers would increase emphasis to make points.

Today - The speaker starts talking loud as a cue for the audience to clap and cheer.

We have the speaker deciding when the audience should be moved. It all seems fake.

When I used to watch singing competitions, I felt the same way about them. No nuance; just yelling for the audience to clap.

Having said that, I thought several speakers at the convention did a very good job. Especially Donald Trump, Jr.

crin63
07-22-2016, 10:26 AM
I listened to and studied the speeches of Ronald Reagan and Winston Churchill. I also did a bit of study on Hitler's approach to speaking.

Most people that come off as ineffective its because they didn't say their speech out loud enough times or video themselves speaking to correct their mannerisms.

Content with enthusiasm should be the driving force to whip up a crowd, not just loud.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-22-2016, 01:17 PM
I listened to and studied the speeches of Ronald Reagan and Winston Churchill. I also did a bit of study on Hitler's approach to speaking.

Most people that come off as ineffective its because they didn't say their speech out loud enough times or video themselves speaking to correct their mannerisms.

Content with enthusiasm should be the driving force to whip up a crowd, not just loud.

Content only matters to those with enough intelligence and moral principles to digest it and then make a moral judgment based upon its validity, importance and overall relevance to their lives and whatever priorities they have set.
Otherwise its just a crap-shoot unless the media is hellbent on praising it as they most often do for the lousy dem scum..-Tyr